TGP on fuselage

RagnarBSE

they said it won't be coming for our current TGP. We will have to wait for the ATFLIR

Really, :cry: I guess the wait continues.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

they said it won't be coming for our current TGP. We will have to wait for the ATFLIR

Im sure that in real world Litening pod can be mounted in side stations too, not only in central station. So it will be unrealistic if we wont get it for Litening too...

..:NAVY PILOTS ARE THE THE BEST PILOTS:..

Im sure that in real world Litening pod can be mounted in side stations too, not only in central station. So it will be unrealistic if we wont get it for Litening too...

You are right, but ED simulates the planes used by the USMC\USN, which didn't have that option for the LITENING. (I personally don't care and wish we could mount it there)

There is a script modification that can be done to accomplish mounting the Litening pod on a cheek station, but it will not allow you to do this in MP (with integrity check), rather only SP.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

There is a script modification that can be done to accomplish mounting the Litening pod on a cheek station, but it will not allow you to do this in MP (with integrity check), rather only SP.

Cheers,

Don

Wait - if it’s just commenting in a lua file there is really no excuse for not doing it... it would take all of 5 minutes right?

Wait - if it’s just commenting in a lua file there is really no excuse for not doing it... it would take all of 5 minutes right?

Haven’t done it personally, but yes I believe it is modifying a .lua file. There is a thread somewhere in the forums, no doubt deeply buried somewhere amongst complaints. Standard Internet forum stuff.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Where did they say that? Have plans changed? It was initially announced that the Litening would be available on cheek station (https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3930032&postcount=156)

Edited by Robin_Hood

It will be coming for the TGP too, it is already possible to place it on the cheek station using a lua edit, all that is left is for ED to model the proper adapter for it.

Not according to wags, as stated in his comment on YouTube video recently.

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

It will be coming for the TGP too, it is already possible to place it on the cheek station using a lua edit, all that is left is for ED to model the proper adapter for it.

But AFAIK the LITENING has never been used on the cheek station in US service, so we won't get that option for the LITENING, just for the ATFLIR.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I guess I'm mistaken then, I thought it had been confirmed in a previous thread on the subject. This image has been floating around for a while, not sure if it's an American Hornet or not though since the warning stencils on foreign jets are often in english too.

e222a8c824cfc36dfecac677207ca09d753eb216.jpeg

License plate in the background looks a bit thin for a US plate. But could be wrong.

Cheers,

Don

Why it would be wanted to be in the cheek? Not about the fuel tank, but is there any benefits for the targeting capabilities, like increased FOV or something?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Why it would be wanted to be in the cheek? Not about the fuel tank, but is there any benefits for the targeting capabilities, like increased FOV or something?

The only purpose is to add a fuel tank. In addition, there is no difference in any position of aiming pod

People who care about the appearance of the loadout will claim that no pod was mounted on station 5 during carrier ops. So to get a more carrier "approved" loadout, we should have that option.