F18 NWS problem

PinkyRng

Anti-skid is like ABS for the brakes. It shouldn't affect steering unless you were on the brakes.

Yet it still can cause and issue when “full lock” turning. Never bothered to report it as it is easily worked around. Much more pressing issues / additions afoot.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Yet it still can cause and issue when “full lock” turning. Never bothered to report it as it is easily worked around. Much more pressing issues / additions afoot.

Cheers,

Don

'

You'll have to go into more detail to make your point.

Buzz

'

You'll have to go into more detail to make your point.

When full lock (driving term) is input to the front wheel, and thrust is initiated to turn all is fine when done at reasonable speeds. With anti-skid on or off. With it off, you can achieve a wider tolerance of speed and input (speed still low mind you) correction. With it on, input correction (i.e changing steering input from left to right) can cause the front steering to nullify and at some times, even cause the aircraft to turn left when the wheel has been pointed the other direction. (Another variation of skid).

Took more to do the that on my iPhone than it did to test it in game. When you know the parameters, it’s not a big deal - hence why I would never have bothered to report or explain. The OP wasn’t familiar with said parameters - and you asked. Here we are.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

I always assumed anti-skid only dealt with the brakes.

Seemed like that should and would be the case - but appears there are other, albeit it small, effect(s) on at least one other aspect. Again, it’s truly not a bit deal as long as operator is aware.

Cheers,

Don