Purchase of the Hawk

So, I've noticed on your site the Hawk is now stating;

"Attention! Starting DCS World version 2.5.4 this module will be unavailable! Please use DCS World version 2.5.3 or below!"

To me this shows there will be no more work on the aircraft and that means that it's an unfinished product. So at this point all that have purchased the Hawk (Myself included) have basically given ED and VEAO free money - Yes, you're "allowing" us to use an old build to fly the current state but that's restricting access to something we have purchased.

Will there be a refund for this for those who wish to apply for it?

There will be people applying cases for a refund under the consumer rights or maybe take it further.

I think it wouldn't be unreasonable for ED to give a store credit/loyalty discount for next purchase for those that have the Hawk. I know it's available on a earlier version, but is there a way to keep that version? or download it in the future if you don't already have it?

This whole thing is rotten, it's sad that VEAO folded, but it currently feels like we have been out in the cold, so to speak.

Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

https://www.youtube.com/user/504smudge

https://www.facebook.com/504smudge

I think it wouldn't be unreasonable for ED to give a store credit/loyalty discount for next purchase for those that have the Hawk. I know it's available on a earlier version, but is there a way to keep that version? or download it in the future if you don't already have it?

This whole thing is rotten, it's sad that VEAO folded, but it currently feels like we have been out in the cold, so to speak.

Yes . You can keep 2.3 for the Hawk , and download 2.4+ as well for everything else .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Did you really need to open your own thread for this already heavily discussed topic?

Guess what, when they went from 1.5.8 to 2.5 there was a drop in compatability. People either stayed with the old or updated to the new, losing or gaining access accordingly. That is far from a new phenomenom. No, Hawk owners are not super special cases. You can keep a Hawk compatibile version of the game or not. That is a choice nobody is making for you. You STILL HAVE ACCESS TO IT. Do not repeat bs implying you don't.

And as has been stated at length in the OTHER thread before your suuuuuper special one, it is not as simple as just continuing to allow it. It requires dev resources to actively maintain compatability, resources that at present are allocated toward other projects. Additionally, considering they're going in behind other people to work on their code, assuming VEAO even gives it to them, it's probably going to be down a while anyway during the transition.

'

Now, are you ready to go read the MAIN thread or do we need to have all the same conversations again just for you?

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Did you really need to open your own thread for this already heavily discussed topic?

Guess what, when they went from 1.5.8 to 2.5 there was a drop in compatability. People either stayed with the old or updated to the new, losing or gaining access accordingly. That is far from a new phenomenom. No, Hawk owners are not super special cases. You can keep a Hawk compatibile version of the game or not. That is a choice nobody is making for you. You STILL HAVE ACCESS TO IT. Do not repeat bs implying you don't.

And as has been stated at length in the OTHER thread before your suuuuuper special one, it is not as simple as just continuing to allow it. It requires dev resources to actively maintain compatability, resources that at present are allocated toward other projects. Additionally, considering they're going in behind other people to work on their code, assuming VEAO even gives it to them, it's probably going to be down a while anyway during the transition.

'

Now, are you ready to go read the MAIN thread or do we need to have all the same conversations again just for you?

Excuse me but who are you anyway?

Yup.

(Seeing how you replied in caps, I shall do the same! :D)

YES I STILL HAVE ACCESS TO IT BUT LIKE I SAID, FOR HOW LONG? I'M NOT REPEATING BS, I WANT SOME ANSWERS LIKE WE ALL DO. CALLING US ALL "SUPER SPECIAL CASES BECAUSE WE BOUGHT A PRODUCT IS A LITTLE HARSH, NO? JUST BECAUSE YOU DODGED A BULLET.

'

Again, we just want answers - Simple. The more posts that are made the higher chance something might get done / we get answers. It's standard.

How about you get off your high horse you giant waste of life and do us all a favour and just stop wasting peoples (including yourself) time reading your totally pointless little crap.

Edited by Motosuwa

Really mate!! A separate thread because you can't be bothered clicking on the "Hawk" thread???

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

#1 I own the Hawk, I didn't dodge anything. I just don't think I should get a voucher over something that wasn't ED's fault and that afaik they are probably still working on behind the scenes negotiating.

#2 They can't give answers until they have them. More people yelling insistently does not make them appear when they do not exist. Nor is taking rash action to please the mob a good idea. The fact you don't understand that is not a great testament to your reasoning ability.

#3 If mild sarcasm and impatience is all it takes for you to label someone a waste of life, I'd say you have anger issues and need to leave this to the adults. My response, while terse, was far from useless, explaining several points and directing you to go to the extremely obvious thread where this is all ALREADY been discussed and many of your questions have more detailed answers.

I take that back, my time here has indeed been wasted as you probably are unable to grasp most of what's been said. Alas, tis a sacrifice I made and can't take back. My 60 seconds gone forever... I could have microwaved some nachos instead of talking to you.

Why is VEAO even allowed to have a sub forum?

I agree with ED not taking rash decisions, no need to rush anything, unlike hollywood which cancels multi-million dollar shows on a whim based on 1 tweet on sunday morning, let things play out, and it wouldn't be deleted, it would just be archived, it could be back, someone else could pick up the project, who knows.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Why is VEAO even allowed to have a sub forum?

I agree. I suggested that ED take the Hawk off their module list ages ago as it was evident VEAO was not up to standard. It's best they remove the forum like they did with 'Iris' years ago. The latter were also not up to par.

Mizzy

Hello,

I may be in minority but I very much love the Hawk module and am very sad it will not be available in DCS version 2.5.4 onwards. Hawk, you will be sadly missed but I will still fly Hawk in previous versions.

Kind regards,

Mimes

"Joined forum in 2004 but flying Flanker since 1995 :o)"

Hello,

I may be in minority but I very much love the Hawk module and am very sad it will not be available in DCS version 2.5.4 onwards. Hawk, you will be sadly missed but I will still fly Hawk in previous versions.

:cry:

+1

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Again, we just want answers - Simple.

I bought the Hawk as well, and I don't want 'answers'. What else is there to need answers for? It was a sub-par product from the beginning that now no longer works. Because of this, a lot of folks have moved on long before VAEO folded and have flown other DCS modules and don't think about the Hawk anymore. Water under the bridge.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I bought the Hawk as well, and I don't want 'answers'. What else is there to need answers for? It was a sub-par product from the beginning that now no longer works. Because of this, a lot of folks have moved on long before VAEO folded and have flown other DCS modules and don't think about the Hawk anymore. Water under the bridge.

It is not a matter of moving on or not. I think every user of the Hawk is moving on, but knowing that the Hawk might be taken out for future versions don't make us friends of the Hawk happy.

Thus we are (at least I am) requesting certainty of what will come in order to prepare another SSD harddisk for keeping a copy of 2.5.3.xxxxx

ED has a difficult issue to solve, and this circumstance is now very well known after some information given by NineLine.

My concerns regarding the Hawk during the last weeks have been:

1.) ED, please don't forget the Hawk pilots who still love and fly the Hawk (and I think the didn't forget us, at least I have the feeling that they really do)

2.) Tell all "Hawk haters", "professional Hawk abandoners" and "convincers that the Hawk is mud" that their opionion is accepted in the same way as the opinion of all "Hawk lovers and pilots" is accepted.

As easy as this. Nothing more, nothing less.

Hope I got the right words, its late ....

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

• ED Team

Please, once again, understand it is currently out of ED's hands.

It is not a matter of moving on or not. I think every user of the Hawk is moving on, but knowing that the Hawk might be taken out for future versions don't make us friends of the Hawk happy.

Thus we are (at least I am) requesting certainty of what will come in order to prepare another SSD harddisk for keeping a copy of 2.5.3.xxxxx

ED has a difficult issue to solve, and this circumstance is now very well known after some information given by NineLine.

My concerns regarding the Hawk during the last weeks have been:

1.) ED, please don't forget the Hawk pilots who still love and fly the Hawk (and I think the didn't forget us, at least I have the feeling that they really do)

2.) Tell all "Hawk haters", "professional Hawk abandoners" and "convincers that the Hawk is mud" that their opionion is accepted in the same way as the opinion of all "Hawk lovers and pilots" is accepted.

As easy as this. Nothing more, nothing less.

Hope I got the right words, its late ....

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Just my „Hawk-story“: after having a break of flightsimming / gaming for a couple of years due to lack of time I built a new rig, invested in some fancy hardware like the Thrustmaster HOTAS, latest TrackIR, etc., installed DCS World, installed my „old“ modules (UH1) and FC3. After having all this stuff installed, I was browsing the ED store and invested some more money on the Hawk, Nevada and another module about one or two weeks before this years autumn sale. During the autumn sale I invested in even more modules. I haven‘t read thousands of threads to figure out how reliable 3rd party developers are (VEAO reputation) or even one EULA but I trusted the ED store in selling software that‘s at least a little bit protected agains circumstances like the „Hawk issue“.

Having said this I don‘t blame ED or expect anything from a legal perspective - it‘s just annoying writing off money without having used the Hawk for a longer period of time. Not upgrading is no option for me as I prefer having my software up to date.

My learning out of this case: don’t buying any module for the regular price in future. I‘ll wait for a sale in so I don‘t feel like a fool. I know that may be not fair but as I‘m not confident that such a case won‘t happen again at the moment that‘s my reaction to the Hawk dilemma.

I really appreciate NineLines explanations and this shows, that there‘s something going on behind the scenes but what would have strengthened my trust in ED would have been an official statement from ED like: we are aware of this uncomfortable situation and working on a solution. Unfortunately we can‘t guarantee the outcome but if we can’t find a solution with VEAO we will provide a 10% off on module xy for all Hawk owners voluntarily to show our goodwill and as thank you for your understanding.

Making a long story short: I‘m not angry and don‘t blame ED for anything. Loving the Hawk and DCS I would have appreciated a more pro active and open communication from ED to the community. That‘s it.

Modules and maps: all of them :doh:

Specs: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I, Intel i7-8086K@4.9GHz, 32GB Corsair Vengance RAM, Nvidia RTX 2080 FE, 2x1 TB Samsung EVO 970 M.2, WIN10 64bit, HP Reverb

Dormicum... Nineline is ED personnel. He has said like 15 times they're 'aware' and 'working on a solution'. At this point I suppose he's getting tired of repeating himself.

These kind of negotiations don't happen overnight. They've said, over and over, they're talking to VEAO and will let us know when there is something to tell. It's only been a very short time.

Haven‘t been aware that NineLine is ED staff and giving official statements. Community manager as title in a forum ist for me not automatically a person who is giving official statements in such cases. Good to know how this works here.

In my opinion a sticky with a title like „statement of ED“ would have been more helpfull than repeating answers in threads of other people over and over again. Don‘t get me wrong: I‘m not blaming anyone here but telling you my story and impressions with suggestions how to improve for the next time if (hopefully not) something like tis happens again.

Modules and maps: all of them :doh:

Specs: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I, Intel i7-8086K@4.9GHz, 32GB Corsair Vengance RAM, Nvidia RTX 2080 FE, 2x1 TB Samsung EVO 970 M.2, WIN10 64bit, HP Reverb