Oculus Quest Question - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-14-2019, 12:45 PM   #11
crispy12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomVR View Post
I fly IL2 using a fork of ALVR that fixes some issues. The compression makes the ground a bit blurry but spotting is much much easier compared to my regular rift. The link cable will be much improved over this, with lower latency and less compressed image.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ALVR/commen...omeone_fixing/

The main thing that kills my use of ALVR is when the misses watches Netflix it ****ing me right up with shuttering and lag. Won't be a problem for the link cable. My plan is to actually run a long active usb 3.0 run (plus a usb 2.0 for stick, throttle and rudder) into another room so that my flight sim gear can fold up into a nearby closet.
Is this the fork you use for dcs now? My controller seems to get bugged with this version. I downgraded to v4 to run dcs but it crashes with excessive head movement (checking my six)
crispy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 04:57 PM   #12
Flummi

Hi Mad-Mex,

here I am using the Quest too with Virtual Desktop (ALVR works too). Be sure to have a direct line of sight of your 5 GHz-WLAN!

Greetings, Flummi
PC: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X| MSI B350 Tomahawk| 4x 16GB DDR4 G.Skill RipJaws V (F4-3200C16D-32GVK)| Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 Windforce 8G| 2x SSD-Drive (one for DCS only)| 1x HDD-Drive| Cougar Panzer Max| custom water cooling| Windows 10 Pro 64bit|
Gear: Oculus Quest| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS| MFG Crosswind|
Flummi is offline   Reply With Quote