F18 radar elevation - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-08-2019, 08:41 AM   #31
FoxDelta

Quote:
Originally Posted by DERacing View Post
Just fyi. I have the 6x6x4.3 switches and they did not seem to make contact with the adjustment lever. Just ordered a set of the 6x6x5 and will see how those work.
hi DERacing, what stops your wheel from pushing the switches?
I used the switches laying around in my electronics box so it might be 4.5 or 5 switches but that should not matter.
I will check the files, in the meantime u can trim the federschieber. stl a bit or sand the noses on the wheel if those are blocking.
FoxDelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 06:35 PM   #32
pacastro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxDelta View Post
STL files for download
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dctsac67e...4mQnepWda?dl=0

DISCLAIMER: appplying this MOD will definately VOID your WARRANTY, be aware!

First of all thanks again for this new mod for the WH Throttle!! I already printed it and now waiting for the 2 micro buttons to arrive.

I was thinking on a way to avoid voiding the warranty, and the only way I can see is by printing the whole right lever sidecover with the lower body of the radar elevation merged into it, but for this to work you have to replicate very precisely the side cover and that is way over my actual 3D design capabilities. So if anybody have the skills and willings to do it, it would be greatly appreciated.

Pablo
pacastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 08:42 PM   #33
AndyPeacock

I finally got around to getting the parts printed up and they work really well. I made a slight alteration and added a bearing onto the pivot and it works amazingly smoothly now. Thanks for taking the time to make these parts available.

Andy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191001_203617.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	237.2 KB
ID:	218159  
AndyPeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 09:12 PM   #34
FoxDelta

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPeacock View Post
I finally got around to getting the parts printed up and they work really well. I made a slight alteration and added a bearing onto the pivot and it works amazingly smoothly now. Thanks for taking the time to make these parts available.

Andy
u re welcome, good idea regarding the bearing i will consider this when revisiting the design
Old 11-08-2019, 01:47 PM   #35
kreisch

Hey guys,

First, fantastic work fox!
My 3d printer just arrived and - as soon as I am able to print with it - I would like to create this mod.

I already created several components in Fusion360 but this is the first time I import something and the scale is waaaaay off - If I put it into Cura, it shows me 60cm in the Z-Axis.

Do I have to scale the model?
Did I mess up the import?
I just clicked on "File - Open" and opened your *.STLs

Thanks!

BR,
kreisch

Edit: Nevermind, this is, as it seems, a bug in Fusion 360.
At least I finally found this one: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusio...s/td-p/5439722

Last edited by kreisch; 11-08-2019 at 01:50 PM.
kreisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 01:53 PM   #36
Gruman

You need to define the right measurement system within fusion 360.
How to change Units in Fusion 360

Doesnt your 3d Printer come with a software? If you dont want to change anything, you don't need fusion 360 at all. Just drop the STL into your 3d Printer software and generate the g-code.

Btw. When you are done changing the model, right click on the body --> Save as .STL
Gruman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 04:51 PM   #37
FoxDelta

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreisch View Post
Hey guys,

First, fantastic work fox!
My 3d printer just arrived and - as soon as I am able to print with it - I would like to create this mod.

I already created several components in Fusion360 but this is the first time I import something and the scale is waaaaay off - If I put it into Cura, it shows me 60cm in the Z-Axis.

Do I have to scale the model?
Did I mess up the import?
I just clicked on "File - Open" and opened your *.STLs

Thanks!

BR,
kreisch

Edit: Nevermind, this is, as it seems, a bug in Fusion 360.
At least I finally found this one: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusio...s/td-p/5439722
congrats to buying a printer giving u endless possibilities

As far as i remember you will have to import STLs as mesh. give it a google. beside that Gruman is right, just import the STLs in your prefered SLICER eg CURA and slice it to GCODE
Old 11-10-2019, 01:45 PM   #38
kreisch

Thanks for your help, after trying to leveling my printer correct, the first case is almost done

Could please someone give me photos of the wiring? Currently I try to figure out where to lead the cables out of the case to my arduinos.

Edit: Nevermind - I updated the models and modified it.

As soon as I see it working properly (not before this weekend) I will keep you updated and upload my files as well - all credits remain to FoxDelta, very good idea!

Last edited by kreisch; 11-14-2019 at 07:12 AM.
kreisch is offline   Reply With Quote