Realsimulator F-16 Throttle - Page 9 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-08-2019, 09:24 AM   #81
sk000tch

Wicked I don't think they intend to use the mil-spec otto's, keep in mind they make a very good force sense base for $500. Their turn key sims also come in various levels to match customer price.

Frankly I don't know that I'd want real mil-spec otto's anyway, they are very stiff. Big difference between being in a jet under G and in my recliner, I don't want 40lb of stick force. My su-29 is two hands on stick under load, I am dripping sweat after 20 minutes of competition/performance. Most of that is agsm and the overall physicality of the activity, not just the heavy stick, but you get my point.

Fwiw this is their throttle design, not sure it's exactly what we're talking about here but I'd certainly take it. Proper gates and travel, with quality but not mil-spec switches. Makes you wonder what their ICP and panels would cost... Actually, makes you wonder what a turnkey VR/no display pit would cost. 10K? They look like riveted aluminum, so bet they're at least that.

And just to add some drool to the puddle, the pedals:

And the pro SSC

Info here: http://www.realsimulator.com/html/flight_stick.html

This would get real hard to justify fast

Valve Index w/ 9900k@5.1, 2080ti FTW3 HC@2150, 32GB@3866, 2x 970 Pro, WH Throttle w/ delta sim slew, Gunfighter Mk II MCG Pro, MFG crosswinds

Last edited by sk000tch; 11-08-2019 at 09:30 AM.
sk000tch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 03:04 PM   #82
FETUS

I'm in for one.
FETUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 06:22 PM   #83
Wicked.-

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk000tch View Post
Wicked I don't think they intend to use the mil-spec otto's, keep in mind they make a very good force sense base for $500. Their turn key sims also come in various levels to match customer price.

Frankly I don't know that I'd want real mil-spec otto's anyway, they are very stiff. Big difference between being in a jet under G and in my recliner, I don't want 40lb of stick force. My su-29 is two hands on stick under load, I am dripping sweat after 20 minutes of competition/performance. Most of that is agsm and the overall physicality of the activity, not just the heavy stick, but you get my point.

Fwiw this is their throttle design, not sure it's exactly what we're talking about here but I'd certainly take it. Proper gates and travel, with quality but not mil-spec switches. Makes you wonder what their ICP and panels would cost... Actually, makes you wonder what a turnkey VR/no display pit would cost. 10K? They look like riveted aluminum, so bet they're at least that.

And just to add some drool to the puddle, the pedals:

And the pro SSC

Info here: http://www.realsimulator.com/html/flight_stick.html

This would get real hard to justify fast
Yes it is getting hard to justify. After more research on switches I've found replacements for the Otto's. The problem is they're still expensive as hell. I'm looking at $450 before I even think about the grip, base, arm and tensioner.

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz HT Disabled, Asus RoG Strix z390E Gaming, 64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, Asus RoG Strix RTX2080Ti OC @ 1.9Ghz, 1TB Samsung Evo 970Pro M.2 TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49" Curved Gaming Monitor, Samsung 50" 4KUHD TV, Acer 27" Touch Panel, CV1, Pimax 5K+, Valve Index, FSSB3 Lighting, F-16SGRH, 3 TM Cougar's and a Saitek X36 that I can't bring myself to part with.
Wicked.- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 10:27 PM   #84
plehmann

definitely !!!!!
plehmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 12:08 AM   #85
sk000tch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked.- View Post
Yes it is getting hard to justify. After more research on switches I've found replacements for the Otto's. The problem is they're still expensive as hell. I'm looking at $450 before I even think about the grip, base, arm and tensioner.
Ya... I'm still hopping that dog I offered up back on page 3 gets me somewhere

Valve Index w/ 9900k@5.1, 2080ti FTW3 HC@2150, 32GB@3866, 2x 970 Pro, WH Throttle w/ delta sim slew, Gunfighter Mk II MCG Pro, MFG crosswinds
sk000tch is online now   Reply With Quote