Flashlight with Red/Green/Blue filters

DerekSpeare

A small request to help night vision (especially in VR). Can you do a flashlight that has either red, green or blue filters in addition to the white one? The user can cycle the color as he/she desires.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

If it would work at all. Yesterday I checked for some texture errors I previously had and did this within a single mission, not in VR. First message in the top right was that I could press LAlt + L to turn the flashlight on, since it was still dark in the morn. It didn't work as it would in other planes. And I haven't been able to use this feature at all for over half a year now since I only fly in VR and there is no flashlight in VR as of yet... given you use the VR controllers instead of spending way too much time in the constant search for that mouse cursor.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

For whatever reason the flashlight in the Viper is tied to the battery. Would be super nice if they gave us a penlight which I believe is what the Hornet has. I know you don’t need electrical power in the hornet to turn it on...

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

The flashlight can already change to green, IIRC, as in the Hornet. Check the controls.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

It is kind of self defeating to tie flashlight power to the aircraft batter power :/ I need the flashlight to find the power switch lolooloo

I'd like a red filter. It would ease eyestrain in VR at night.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

For whatever reason the flashlight in the Viper is tied to the battery. Would be super nice if they gave us a penlight which I believe is what the Hornet has. I know you don’t need electrical power in the hornet to turn it on...

This had me stumped for admittedly far too long when I tried a 4am start the other day. A penlight would definitely be helpful.

Win10 Pro | i7-9700K @5.0GHz | 2080 Super @2160MHz | 32GB DDR4 3600 | DCS on 1TB M.2 NVME | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswinds V2 | HP Reverb | Huion 640P | Jetpad FSE | PointCTRL

This had me stumped for admittedly far too long when I tried a 4am start the other day. A penlight would definitely be helpful.

I think they modeled the light that is in the cockpit, and mislabeled it as the flashlight. I hope we get a pen light or finger light soon. Night lighting is very sub par, so it would help to have an additional option.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Utility light is on battery bus the same as are cockpit spotlights (not floods). It would be cool to have the beam adjustment, white/NVIS selection, and even to "pick it up" and move it around the cockpit like a corded flashlight.

I don't actually know if F-16 pilots fly with battery powered flashlights. Probably they do because if nothing else it's nice for exterior inspection at night and very important if one finds themselves under parachute hundreds of miles from a nice warm bar stool.

I'd expect that pilots everywhere carry at least one flashlight with them.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare