AI pilots don't fly F-14 very well

mytai01

I have a mission with about 100 aircraft, including 24xF-14B's most of the aircraft seem to pitch up and stall for no reason...

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

They also do not take advantage of TWS and will only ever fire one Fox 3 at a time. Sadly I don't think HB have any control at all over AI behavior so this is probably out of their hands

Actually, the with the old legacy F-14A and AIM-54 in DCS, AI has engaged multiple targets simultaneously. This was very useful in fleet defense scenarios. So this basic AI functionality seems to be available in DCS.

@IronMike: Any chance you could enable this AI functionality for your version of the F-14 and AIM-54?

Actually, the with the old legacy F-14A and AIM-54 in DCS, AI has engaged multiple targets simultaneously. This was very useful in fleet defense scenarios. So this basic AI functionality seems to be available in DCS.

@IronMike: Any chance you could enable this AI functionality for your version of the F-14 and AIM-54?

I don't know, we'd have to take a look, the AI has changed in the past years and some functions seem to have become disfunct. I'm not sure if say F15s currently make use of TWS... I'd need to check

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I don't know, we'd have to take a look, the AI has changed in the past years and some functions seem to have become disfunct. I'm not sure if say F15s currently make use of TWS... I'd need to check

I just had a quick look and this is still working for the old F-14A. I think it would be fantastic for fleet defense missions if you could enable this for AIs of your Tomcat.

attachment.php?attachmentid=221589&stc=1&d=1574508515

Multishot.thumb.jpg.a05ffa5821e3c7d2abe3cd1c611cc1f7.jpg

By the way, giving the old F-14A your new AIM-54C-Mk47 and giving your new F-14B the old AIM-54C, neither combination results in the AI doing multiple shots. So this capability doesn't seem to be defined either in the aircraft or the weapon alone, but seems to depend on a certain property of the aircraft and the weapon entity together. Perhaps this will help.

Is there any progress for AI multi-attacks in TWS now? If it was possible to spawn Phoenix missiles and assign their targets with a script, then mission creators could be able to simulate TWS attacks. I hope you guys find some workaround, if ED does not support TWS for the AI.

They are definitely horrible at fuel efficiency. They always seem to run out of fuel deep behind enemy lines, whereas you fly 150 miles back to the boat and still have 1500lbs at touchdown.

I've also seen them fly into mountains and refuse to drop their bombs on the target, despite being told to do so.

Modules - F-18, F-16, Spitfire, F-5, Supercarrier, F-14, A10-C, MiG-21, Huey

and refuse to drop their bombs on the target, despite being told to do so.

That is a general problem with the AI in DCS. They do not line up very well. Sometimes it takes an eternity for the AI to line up on a target or towards a runway. Lining up towards a nearby waypoint is also very difficult for the AI even when that waypoint only requires them to fly on a straight line.

It is not Heatblur's fault, so I hope ED will improve these flaws as well.

Fuel management is also a general AI issue. Best is to have restricted AB on in the mission editor, etc... You kinda have to hand hold them if you want to have a wingman through the entire mission. Another thing I like to do, especially if you don't really need your wingman to fulfill the tast or survive, I send them to anchor a certain point and then pick em back up on my way home. Personally I only take AI so I can look at another Tomcat on my way there and back.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/