MP Mission: "FOB Vetka"...intense ECAS

MP Mission: "FOB Vetka"

Over the past month, insurgent forces have taken a foothold in the northern mountain regions. Forward Operating Base (FOB) Vetka is under increasing sniper and mortar fire each day, and SIGINT sources indicate an attack on FOB Vetka could be imminent.

This afternoon, a friendly resupply convoy, call sign Yankee 61, was enroute to FOB Vetka but experienced mechanical delays. At this time Yankee 61 is again moving up valley but will not make the FOB by nightfall. With recent insurgent activity in the valley, contact should be expected.

------------------------------------------

TASK 1. Meet up with friendly convoy Yankee 61 near the town of Ambrolauri (WP1) and provide CAS, if needed. Yankee 61 will be contacting you once on station.

TASK 2. Proceed to FOB Vetka (WP2) and remain on station for CAS, if needed.

Texaco is available north of Kutaisi, 150.0 AM, TACAN 10X.

Overlord (AWACS) is available on 124.0 AM.

Emergency CAS mission with 10,500 ft cloud cover. Requires heavy use of Mark I eyeball, rockets, guns, and efficient communications between flight members.

*** NOW UPDATED TO v2.0 ***

- current for DCSW 1.1.1.0

- minor edits/fixes

- major tweaks to second portion of the mission

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/99420/

Edited by Joyride
  • Like 2

How many clients?

Stingray

ASUS P8Z68-V Pro - Intel 2500K @ 4,2GHz - Antec H2O 920 - 8GB Kingston XMP 1600 MHz - GeForce GTX 560 Ti 2GB - WD 1TB Caviar Black SSD Intel 311 20GB (cache)

Textures: High | Scenes: High |Water: High| Visibility: High| Heat Blur: On | Shadows: High | Res: 1920x1080 | MSAA: x8 | Vsync: On | HDR: Normal| TSAA: On| Mirrors: Off | Civ Traffic: Medium| Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Trees: 12000m | Clutter: 500m

Six clients. FYI...Hawg 1 is an AFAC-mostly loadout...M156's and M151's. Hawgs 2-4 are rockets and CBU 87s. Hawg 5 & 6 carry an additional 2 Mavs, but Mavs are not weapon of choice given the mission conditions and targets (infantry, lightly armored vehicles, mortars, etc).

I should add that for anyone interested in flying as live-AFAC, this is a great mission for it, though certainly not required. We've been flying it in our squadron all week and it really tests your situational awareness as well as communications skills.

Great mission. And I don't say that lightly :)

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

now Im REALLY getting curious.... maybe i hop in tonight at the 1st VFW, and give it a try .

unguided weapons 4 T W !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are two types of fighter pilots - those who have, and those who will execute a magnificent break turn towards a bug on the canopy . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/user/schnarrsonvomdach

http://www.twitch.tv/schnarre

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Schnarre-Schnarrson/876084505743788?fref=ts

A great miz DH.

Flew it with a mate (2 Ship) and we almost ran out of ammo before completing it (my wingie did use his aim9Ls on 1 target!), pretty intense! Great thing was I only used the targeting pod once on way to WP1 and flew the whole miz at low-level with 'heads out'.

Getting a little tired of missions with SAMs everywhere, the DCS A10 just isn't equiped or have the power to deal with them, so your miz was a refreshing and challenging change! Will definately fly it again in the future when my memory starts to wain.

p.s. btw Excellent comms, sounded very professional. What software are you using?

Edited by Druid_
spelling

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

Druid...thanks. Used Audacity to record and run effects on the voices, then used some sound samples from various sound-effect websites for backgrounds. In Audacity, used the Effects>Equalize ("walkie talkie" presets) and Effects>High Pass to give it a radio sound feel. Added mic clicks from some real ATC comms available on the web.

Druid...thanks. Used Audacity to record and run effects on the voices, then used some sound samples from various sound-effect websites for backgrounds. In Audacity, used the Effects>Equalize ("walkie talkie" presets) and Effects>High Pass to give it a radio sound feel. Added mic clicks from some real ATC comms available on the web.

Ahh ok, I used Sony Soundforge in my first miz & had to tweak the various included effects to create my own. I stole the click from the DCS files (sshhh). Your walkie talkie>High Pass ATC sounds better than my effort. I did however add a pilot Oxygen Mask comm effect which worked quite well.

Like I said great effort which only adds to the immersion & SA in my opinion.

OK, how and where do you put these files! I do not see any *.miz files

Wannabe - click on link in first post, click on download, click save, click save as type menu drop down and select all files, after filename add .miz , save it in your dcsA10c missions folder or wherever you like, just navigate to it when loading it.

Edited by Druid_

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

We flew this twice last night, actually, because our host CTDed right as we were about complete it the first time, and a few additional folks showed up.

I acted as AFAC and found a useful AFAC tactic. I was carrying just smoke rockets, guns and AIM-9s. I set myself to markpoint mode, selected mark Z, set waypoint to SPI and then broadcasted SPI. Now, every time I laid down smoke rockets, a SPI would get shared to everyone at the smoke's impact point as well.

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Lua scripts and mods:

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

I acted as AFAC and found a useful AFAC tactic. I was carrying just smoke rockets, guns and AIM-9s. I set myself to markpoint mode, selected mark Z, set waypoint to SPI and then broadcasted SPI. Now, every time I laid down smoke rockets, a SPI would get shared to everyone at the smoke's impact point as well.[/Quote]

I think the Z mark is the point at which you FIRE the munition not where it impacts. So if you fire from 2000m away from target then the SPI will be likewise. Could always broadcast smoke 2k N/S/E/W of SPI though.

Personally, I flew this whole missions heads out, its not one to be heads in messing around with TAD imho. Too much happening and too quickly. Bluefor ground troops need support under fire & need it quick.

Edited by Druid_

Flew this with some Finns last night.

GRRREEAT mission!

Only, i dunno if it was scripted, but the JTAC Playboy was killed right after his presence was reported to us over the radio. Maybe 10 seconds and we got a message "Be advised playboy is KIA" or something..

Also, Playboy managed to report that "no tasking available" before his demise.

Also, part three:

a few times, when the convoy reported "fire from XY" ... we didn't see anything, until after a moment, when the enemy had spawned..

Dunno if it somehow required to first report the enemy and only then spawn them... or Maybe we were too blind, but a few times people said that "THERE! just spawned!"

Otherwise, excellent mission, the radio comms audios were perfect!

The feeling and the closure of everything is hectic.. I was one of the MAV A-10s and I flew too much "Head in" so I didn't get much to do.. our other pilots were effective with the rockets and bombs. :)

Sometimes I Amaze even Myself!

We flew this twice last night, actually, because our host CTDed right as we were about complete it the first time, and a few additional folks showed up.

I acted as AFAC and found a useful AFAC tactic. I was carrying just smoke rockets, guns and AIM-9s. I set myself to markpoint mode, selected mark Z, set waypoint to SPI and then broadcasted SPI. Now, every time I laid down smoke rockets, a SPI would get shared to everyone at the smoke's impact point as well.

Definitely designed this mission with player AFAC in mind. We've had some fun flying it similarly in the 1st VFW. If you have enough jets in the mission, then there is a little time to work in the TAD/TGP, but not much, as Druid pointed out.

When I've flown it I've briefed the guys to keep their heads out and let the tracers be their SPI...almost every enemy unit in the mission can be destroyed but putting rounds/rockets/CBUs in on the origin of the tracers, without ever actually being visual with an enemy target.

Flew this with some Finns last night.

GRRREEAT mission!

Only, i dunno if it was scripted, but the JTAC Playboy was killed right after his presence was reported to us over the radio. Maybe 10 seconds and we got a message "Be advised playboy is KIA" or something..

Also, Playboy managed to report that "no tasking available" before his demise.

Also, part three:

a few times, when the convoy reported "fire from XY" ... we didn't see anything, until after a moment, when the enemy had spawned..

Dunno if it somehow required to first report the enemy and only then spawn them... or Maybe we were too blind, but a few times people said that "THERE! just spawned!"

Otherwise, excellent mission, the radio comms audios were perfect!

The feeling and the closure of everything is hectic.. I was one of the MAV A-10s and I flew too much "Head in" so I didn't get much to do.. our other pilots were effective with the rockets and bombs. :)

Thanks, Juuba.

The JTAC getting killed is my attempt at some dark humor...as anyone who's played with the Mission Editor enough can attest, getting the JTACs to work consistently in MP within the confines of other triggers and activated units is a pain in the a**. So, I finally got frustrated enough where I decided to have him explode promptly at the beginning of the mortar attack :D Watching Playboy vaporize into a 20' crater still warms heart...sniff sniff. That, and didn't want to go back to my wife ("Overlord") and have her redo the radio calls to remove reference to the JTAC ;)

I also thought that, when it works right (tho doesn't seem to be consistent), it's more fun to have to find the mortar groups by smoke of the mortars firing at the FOB (or by the tracers coming at you from the Ural AAA's) then using the JTAC in this mission.

Yeah, the timing of the "spawning" and radio message calls needs a little work. I've had a few people see the units spawn. I went back and forth using "AI Off/On" vs. "Unit Activate" (spawning) to get the timing of enemy attacks...but for various other reasons had gone this route. Thanks for pointing it out...will try to get a revision out soon.

Yea Deephouse, I had a good laugh about the JTAC dying myself. The other two mission makers in our flight was chuckling too. We all knew exactly what happened :D

I said something to the effect of, "I bet the guy spent a week trying to get the goddamned JTAC working then just said f*** it, I'll just blow his ass up".

Lua scripts and mods: