Using the AV-8B from Steam with 2.0 issues

Spikefinch

Hi all,

New to the whole DCS thing.

I just got DCS 1.5 from steam the other day and been having a blast. however the frame rate has been a little on the low side for VR, So I got 2.5 and it's way better. however I can not seem to find the CD key for the AV-8B I got from steam. Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help.

Edited by Spikefinch

I got it from steam (I got the Harrier from steam. the 2.5 I got from the DCS site as it's alpha)

I can play it fine on the 1.5 build. I was also able to transfer the flaming cliffs over to the 2.5 build just fine

Just can't seem to get the harrier to transfer over to the 2.5 build When I select it in steam, it shows me the FC cd key

Edited by Spikefinch

Maybe this will help you:

First off, DCS 2.5 will be released at the 31st of Janurary, thus it is highly likely that you do not have this version.

You may need to switch to the openalpha version on Steam. This can easily be achieved by opening the "Properties" option of the game and select the desired version.

Navigate to your game library, on the left side look for "DCS World". Right-click on "DCS World", in the window that opens, click on "Properties" (at the bottom). This will open another window which contains multiple tabs. Navigate here to the "BETAS" tab and select the "openalpha - Public alpha versions (2.x)" option. This will automatically trigger the download of the selected version.

Keep in mind that you need either the NTTR map or the Normandy map for now when you want to use DCS 2.x, which you would need to buy. The free Caucasus map is being revamped right now and will (possibly) be available at some point in February, together with DCS 2.5 (on Steam, that is).

To install and de-install modules you just need to click on the tick-boxes shown in the center view of the library screen for DCS.

By the way, keys of your modules you can find on the right side under the "CD Key" link, when in the library screen.

I've also created a picture, which may make it easier to understand what I tried to explain above (see attachment).

Happy flying!

BetasSteamDCS.thumb.png.6b5b8caf1e8ce7b6cf05415f1d616f57.png