Pilot Gloves when Using VR Vive

Teriander

In DCS World 1.5:

When I play in VR (Vive), my controllers are replaced with gloves and a pointed finger. How can I use this to click buttons in the cockpit? It appears thats what the purpose is but I can't click anything.

So now my controllers are useless in game and I have to use mouse and keyboard to point and click, or to keyboard for shortcut keys. Then joystick to fly. The only problem is it's difficult to use keyboard shortcuts.

What is the best solution for flying in VR? Joystick and keyboard? Or do the virtual gloves replacing my controller work? If so, how do I use them?

I use mouse cursor to click switches and turn dials. The hands do not work and so far as I can see, unless someone comes out with gloves that can be worn and tracked accurately within the VR cockpit, they will continue to be redundant.

Picking up, orienting and putting down a controller just to click a switch must be the ultimate immersion killer.

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

Hey Teriander,

Those gloves do nothing at the moment. You can use the mouse to click in the pit just as in 2D. In the settings menu under VR tab there are two mousepoint option. The first gives you a normal mouse cursor the second requires you to look at a button and then click somehow. Haven't tried that one really, I prefer mouse, so it's use is a bit unclear to me.

Good luck.

Is it possible to disable, hide, or make them dissapear? I use Oculus, and sometimes I need to put the controllers under my seat, so I only see them while looking down...

Let them go to sleep prior to launching DCS.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|