DCS September Newsletter

Revelation

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe a bad assumption but why else would they be giving so unfinished shots of the pit if it were much more complete? So again, everything points to military contract.

The only thing missing from the pit renders are the ejection seat and canopy rail..

Labeled as Early WIP, But current state was not defined for the module.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

That is THE MOST STUPIDLY EXCITING NEWSLETTER EVER!!! :pilotfly::joystick:

That is all. :thumbup:

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Whatever :smilewink:

I'm just glad it's C variant, not the super hornet. So at least we can fly it. And I prefer it anyway.

Coretex is making the Super Hornet, that's been the plan for a long while now.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Really nice newsletter !

But PLEASE ED ! Focus on EDGE, Nevada and the Hornet ! That what people long before third party expect first !

Stop consume time with WW2 aircraft and others map, it can wait !

CPU : I7 6700k, MB : MSI Z170A GAMING M3, GC : EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 GAMING iCX, RAM : DDR4 HyperX Fury 4 x 8 Go 2666 MHz CAS 15, STORAGE : Windows 10 on SSD, games on HDDs.

Hardware used for DCS : Pro, Saitek pro flight rudder, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift.

Own : A-10C, Black Shark (BS1 to BS2), P-51D, FC3, UH-1H, Combined Arms, Mi-8MTV2, AV-8B, M-2000C, F/A-18C, Hawk T.1A

Want : F-14 Tomcat, Yak-52, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E, MiG-21Bis, F-86F, MAC, F-16C, F-15E.

For what it's worth, news on the F-18C did come pretty close to what Matt mentioned last year. Thanks again Matt. :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Am I the only one excited about skeleton animation?:D

No... no you arent :)

Pardon my ignorance but help me understand the excitement so I can get all hot and bothered also. :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

There are so many things, I can't pick which one to be most excited about.

Unified GUI that eliminates the need for separate GUI and simulation .exe while also speeding up mission load times. Later, this will also allow us to integrate simulation elements into the Encyclopaedia and Mission Editor
Seeing the simulation elements in the mission editor will make it much more enjoyable to play around with stuff. Sometimes it can be difficult to tell exactly how things are layed out when they only have a little icon. Also, I wonder if by "unified" they mean including the multiplayer GUI?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

All good news. Nice that there's so much in the pipeline. I'll be gobbling up all modules. Can't wait.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I have no usd credit card, so each time I have to ask others to help me buy modules. A bit of inconvenient.

You do not require your credit/debit account to be in the currency you are ordering in. If you have an account in currency X, but purchase in currency Y, your bank will perform the conversion automatically.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Sighhhh. So coretex is further along than ED is with the Hornet?

How do you gather that?

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

Sighhhh. So coretex is further along than ED is with the Hornet?
The cockpit 3d model is a tiny part of the mammoth task of the F/A-18C. (Did you read the newsletter?) ED is also building a new aircraft carrier, revamping carrier operations, and developing an entire new map for the Hornet. All of those things will be directly beneficial to the Cortex Super Hornet too.

Besides, the way they are prioritizing the F-18 map over Normandy, I bet they are closer than you think.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The cockpit 3d model is a tiny part of the mammoth task of the F/A-18C. (Did you read the newsletter?) ED is also building a new aircraft carrier, revamping carrier operations, and developing an entire new map for the Hornet. All of those things will be directly beneficial to the Cortex Super Hornet too.

Besides, the way they are prioritizing the F-18 map over Normandy, I bet they are closer than you think.

And if I may add

new technologies like air-to-surface radar
which is something I am almost sure Cortex will be waiting for ED to sift out, if not done already, to adopt for their hornet version also.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional