BAC Strikemaster

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I've always had a soft spot for the Jet Provost. A friend of mine was looking into a part share ownership of one. But i think the complexities of certification to fly it was too expensive for him. Maybe we should have one in DCS... Just saying :):music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 months later...

Re the Strikmaster/Jet Provost,

Any chance of this coming to us on DCS?

It's been an excellent trainer for the RAF, we had them at Finningley, noisy whiney, brilliant.

Had one pass over use last week climbing south out of Newcastle Airport, yes it must have been private but it was in RAF colours and still a noisy so and so.

I watched it until a wee dot, neighbours just look funny at me, och they don't know what they're missing

• 2 years later...

Hope!!

(War is not won only by "heroes")

The Strikemaster was deployed by the Royal Air Force of Oman on several occasions during the Dhofar Rebellion, including a notable appearance providing Close Air Support during the Battle of Mirbat. Three Strikemasters were shot down over the course of the war, including one lost to an SA-7 missile.

The Ecuadorian Air Force deployed the Strikemaster during the brief 1995 Cenepa War, flying ground sorties against Peruvian positions. An Ecuadorian Strikemaster crashed during a training mission in the Northern Border area, near Colombia, on 25 March 2009.

IMGLHRampFarnborough9972_0002.jpg

strikemaster.jpg

BAC%20167%20Strikemaster%20%2822%29-960.jpg?m=1407884642

strikemaster_1280.jpg

Given the current contractual issues that VEAO is dealing with, I don't think they have room on their plate for any new aircraft ideas.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: