New to DCS and P51 please help

Bullitp51

Hello to all here at DCS

Thoroughly enjoying playing this sim:).

Just a couple of questions for you veterans that will make my game more enjoyable :thumbup:

1 For some reason I cannot use the clickable interactive cockpit unless I alternate Tab Out of the game and back in, is this a bug or is there something wrong with how I have set up things, Iam using Track I R version 5 I believe, please HELP

2 Map orientation with reference to my first mission under Missions Alamo.miz when I go to the mission planner section the target area is south west of the airfield, when one reads the briefing it states the enemy are to the south east, I have tried travelling in both directions but not come across any enemy, how do I orientate the map there is no compass directions on the planner and/or get compass bearings to my waypoints

3When the mission starts the engine is already running I would prefer to start the engine my self is there anyway I can edit this to be so

4. Iam using an x52 when I use the trim wheel on the throttle to adjust the elevator trim wheel it continues to turn at the slightest adjustment from my X52 trim wheel, I have all sorts of configurations including trying a different trim wheel on my throttle section of my x52

Thank you in advance for any help:thumbup:

Edited by Bullitp51

1. Known bug, try disabling aero interface in the options.

2. Not a clue, sorry.

3. You'll have to open it in the Mission editor, click on the first waypoint and change the type to start from ramp.

4. Don't know, sorry.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

Thank you Jona 51

1 Switching off aero didn't work, will have wait for a patch no doubt:joystick:

3 yes thank you for that I can now start engine at beginning of mission, however will this effect mission triggers at all because it takes longer than the briefing times to get to the target?

Thank you Jona 51

1 Switching off aero didn't work, will have wait for a patch no doubt:joystick:

3 yes thank you for that I can now start engine at beginning of mission, however will this effect mission triggers at all because it takes longer than the briefing times to get to the target?

Not sure whether it will effect triggers. Depends on the setup. Probably not.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing