Hydraulics bug?

Reflected

Following the real procedures and checklists, shouldn't it work like this after engine shutdown?

- Battery and generator off

- Flaps fully down (flaps won't move)

- Hydraulics release: PULL (flaps will drop)

Right now it works like this in DCS:

-Battery and generator off

-Flaps fully down (flaps will move)

-Hydraulics release - flaps will stop moving

As far as I recall it used to work correctly before, but not now, not in 2.2 :(

Thanks!

Edited by Reflected

I don't think the SOP was to manually drop the flaps on parking, but dumping the hydraulics was, although Kermit Weeks apparently does this

. Watching all three videos goes without saying ;)

I've noticed too that once you dump the hydraulics the flaps don't drop from their own weight.

I read somebody saying that it takes time for the weight of the flaps to force the hydraulic fluid through the system and allow them to drop, but I would imagine, not so long that it takes hours.

Edited by Captain Orso

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

I don't think the SOP was to manually drop the flaps on parking, but dumping the hydraulics was, although Kermit Weeks apparently does this
. Watching all three videos goes without saying ;)

I've noticed too that once you dump the hydraulics the flaps don't drop from their own weight.

I read somebody saying that it takes time for the weight of the flaps to force the hydraulic fluid through the system and allow them to drop, but I would imagine, not so long that it takes hours.

That's exactly the video what made me think so.

1) with the battery off the motor that moves the flaps shouldn't work

2) with the hydraulics dumped, the flaps should drip by their own weight - just like the wheel well covers do, even in DCS.

1) with the battery off the motor that moves the flaps shouldn't work

I think no, flap's system is not connected with electric system, hydraulic flap's motor is driven by hydraulic pressure and is controled by mechanical valve controled by pilot.

It shouldn't be dependent on battery switch possition. Only on pressure inside hydraulic system and position on flaps control lever.

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |