Question about hot ramp starts

Cthulhus

Hello,

I just got the KA50 and I'm not yet familiarized with Cold & Dark starting procedure so far. So I take the Hot ramp start as starting point.

What I don't understand is that, on the same scenario, some time I can set the RAD ALT autopilot and some time, I can't (no action, no lights when I engage it)...

Any idea why?

Edited by Cthulhus

Specs: Win10 64bits Pro, Intel i9-9900K | 32Go | RTX 2080 Ti | M.2 SSD 850go x2

Hardware: HTC Vive Pro + X56

Maps : Normandy + Assets | Gulf | Nevada

DCS Modules: FC3 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | A-10C | F/A-18C | Ka-50 | SuperCarrier | F-14A/B | F-5E | F-86F Sabre | MiG-15bis | Mig-19 | MiG-21bis | AV-8B | Fw 190 D-9 | SA342 | P-51D | Bf 109 K-4 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | M-2000C | F-16C

Are you in Flight Director mode?

If you're in Flight Director mode the R-ALT HOLD indicator goes out (top left panel) but I think it still works in the background.

Flight Director mode is great for flying around in but if you want to engage all the sexy stuff like the auto-hover you need to turn it off.

yes, make sure FD is off.

Tho it will still influence the axis if ALT-HOLD in any form of the two is engaged, it's effect is far less in FD and rather acts as a dampener, same apllies to all axis and FD engaged. Make some sudden drops from 200m with and w/o ALT-HOLD and FD engaged, you will see that it reacts a lot quicker and more intense if ALT-HOLD is disengaged while in FD mode.

You can also do a few 360°er with and w/o YAW-HOLD in FD, same thing.

I usually only disengage ALT-HOLD when in FD mode as it reacts too slow for my taste but I leave all 3 other channels engaged for FD.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X