Open Conflict - Server Information

Mirknir

Traduit en anglais:

What a shame to have decreased the number of m2000 slots.

The server was great, offered great dogfight, but we have come back to the usual Fox-3 fired without any risk taking for the shooter, it is quite unfortunate...

The fact that most of the time all m2000 slots were taken is proof that people really want to fly it.

It is unfortunate that you only listen to 2-3 persons instead of the whole player base.

Still, I admire the great quality of this server. An increase in the number of player slots would be welcome, it is quite a challenge to connect to the server in the evening

All fighter slots have been reduced by 1 (except MiG-15/21/29 and F-86/5) in an effort to lower the number of high end air superiority fighters in the conflict zone and encourage heavier emphasis on the light fighters filling the majority of the A-A role, and also try to give the helos and strikers a slightly easier time. This decision was made because a large number of people have raised issues with the admin team both on the forums and in-game regarding 'airquake' and the dominance of high end fighters in the Conflict Zone. It's not an ideal situation I absolutely agree, but there is not much else we can do to try and slow the 'airquake' down until the new map comes out. The Fox 3 and ET restrictions are still in place, so if people are taking time to collect amraams and ETs instead of just burning on takeoff, fire 4 missiles and die then the system is working... somewhat :smilewink:

We would love to increase the number of player slots, however this version of Open Conflict is at capacity now in terms of space on the server, any more slots and the conflict zone is going to become uncomfortably crowded. But don't worry, the next version of OC will be larger and hopefully will have more slots, bandwidth and server performance allowing :thumbup:

Probably it has something to do with ground units addition. I see more SAMs in OC now.

I'm not sure that this is a problem unique to Open Conflict, I've had very regular crashes on ACG Cold War and Seaquark's Korea lately too. That being said we will do some testing to see if the new SAMs and reintroduction of the Carriers is the source of the crashes or not.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Guys, my 2 cents worth regarding the battle space. I was in a combat zone for 11 years, Heli driver, flew SAR, Resupply, support, gunships etc. Nothing in actual Combat is "Fair", the enemy is always adapting to your strategy, changing resources, improving his technology...basically doing his best 24/7...to kill you and control your side of the fence. As Heli drivers we were often Hunted by enemy Migs while we tried to avoid their ZU 23 death zones, so we asked for Fast Jet CAPs...Worked for a while...then they moved in SAM 8s, and ZU23-4...Brought Head on capable missiles for their Migs...We countered by developing tactics to shoot the heck out of their Helis using Medium speed Fighters...and Helmet mounted sights...and our own Head on Missiles...etc etc. The Bottom line is...This is a combat zone, its calm at times, Insane the next minute...it should be fluid, Fighter Jocks are unpredictable...unless being directly guided by a ground controler...Heli guys have to use everything they can to survive...Both side will always be in Harms way...that s why we are here in OC.

So if its Mayhem out there, missiles in every direction...or a Fast jet lurking around Hell bent on Killing Helis and A 10s...Accept it...take up the challenge, or Bug out...and wait till the smoke clears, then try complete your mission...etc.

Combats never predictable, never fair...so bring your assets, adapt, use TS , talk, ask for help...Type like heck if you want a CAP or a Ground pounder to clear a hole for you...

This is a great server...KEEP IT UP DEVS...keep us all on edge...thats the challenge of combat..." CATMAN"...out, see you all soon

Asus ROG MAXIMUS X Formula

Intel i7- 8700K 4.8ghz

Asus GTX 2080ti OC edition

64 Gb RAM at 3200mhz

Kraken X 72 cooler

Samsung CHG90 monitor at 144 htz

DCS on M.2 drive 500 Gb

Hi Guys, my 2 cents worth regarding the battle space. I was in a combat zone for 11 years, Heli driver, flew SAR, Resupply, support, gunships etc. Nothing in actual Combat is "Fair", the enemy is always adapting to your strategy, changing resources, improving his technology...basically doing his best 24/7...to kill you and control your side of the fence. As Heli drivers we were often Hunted by enemy Migs while we tried to avoid their ZU 23 death zones, so we asked for Fast Jet CAPs...Worked for a while...then they moved in SAM 8s, and ZU23-4...Brought Head on capable missiles for their Migs...We countered by developing tactics to shoot the heck out of their Helis using Medium speed Fighters...and Helmet mounted sights...and our own Head on Missiles...etc etc. The Bottom line is...This is a combat zone, its calm at times, Insane the next minute...it should be fluid, Fighter Jocks are unpredictable...unless being directly guided by a ground controler...Heli guys have to use everything they can to survive...Both side will always be in Harms way...that s why we are here in OC.

So if its Mayhem out there, missiles in every direction...or a Fast jet lurking around Hell bent on Killing Helis and A 10s...Accept it...take up the challenge, or Bug out...and wait till the smoke clears, then try complete your mission...etc.

Combats never predictable, never fair...so bring your assets, adapt, use TS , talk, ask for help...Type like heck if you want a CAP or a Ground pounder to clear a hole for you...

This is a great server...KEEP IT UP DEVS...keep us all on edge...thats the challenge of combat..." CATMAN"...out, see you all soon

I agree with this totally but OC is not a server i'd consider for players at the leading edge of combat capability. People just want to have fun in their helos, strikers, F5s and MiG21s etc. Having Eagles, Flankers and M2Ks buzzing around on a realistic proportion makes fun for the challenge aspect and a realistic threat but a lot of casual players don't want that, even though (contrary to what people are trying to make here) it does then force the requirement for much more organisation within the team hence less airquake.

Unfortunately mp is a case of which type of airquake (fighter deathmatch or ground pound turkey shoot) the players want and the server tailors to rather than having a realistic set up, getting players to work together on a large scale is so hard to achieve as proved by the amount of dedication poured into making the blue flag server successful.

To force teamwork and reduce lone fighter spam there needs to be several fronts with lots of SAMs and shorad dotted around the area, fighters can't press without getting shot down and require strikers to work who in turn need fighters to hold the line. Add to this small pockets of resistance within the safety net for weaker strikers/players to attack. This requires more ability, patience and co-operation than is required from a random loner who just wants to shoot stuff or deliver potatoes which is really all that most want to do or have become accustomed to doing.

Edited by Frostie

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Agreed...its also a case of, if you like the Server...enjoy, if not...there are many others to choose from. I think its great, but to cater for the range of pilots from noobies, to pro sim drivers is dam near impossible. We all have our "ideal " server and senarios in our heads I guess....but for me this is just great...Have to improve my Kill to loss ratio though!!...cheers

Intel i7- 8700K 4.8ghz

64 Gb RAM at 3200mhz

Kraken X 72 cooler

DCS on M.2 drive 500 Gb

Hello

I just post to tell you that since the maj of the server, the server crash two three times in 2 hours of game in the evening.

Before the maj the game was relatively stable.

ps: it is not my game or pc that crash but the server OC (time out for everyone)

And the Crashings continuing....somethings definately gone wrong...a few weeks ago was fantastic...Horrible now !!

Intel i7- 8700K 4.8ghz

64 Gb RAM at 3200mhz

Kraken X 72 cooler

DCS on M.2 drive 500 Gb

It is since the weapons.dll crash feature got added to DCS

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=194085

It has been 1 month of this so far ......

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

I am not sure I get what you would like.

What would allow precise INS Bombing?

What do you mean by 'adding buddy laser'? I am pretty sure people already do that.

Hi Mirknir,

When a pilot write -ag MIH in the chat command for example, skynet will give the coordinates of the site to attack. Those coordinates are fine for flying to the site but not precise enough for INS bombing. It would be great to have the coordinates of each targets (factory, bunker, trucks...) so we could enter these coordinates in the computer for precise bombing.

Concerning "adding the buddy laser" i was actually talking about the JTAC (my bad for this confusion). So my question is, are you planning to implement a JTAC for the new OC server? Many pilots will be happy to have this possibiliy!

Thanks for the hard work you provide to the community :thumbup:

Server going to shit this past weeks

Hello Guys,

After investigations and trying different fixes, I am just unable to prevent the multiple crashes that plagued Open Conflict the past weeks.

Something was broken somewhere in the last patches that I cannot fix or bypass.

Here is the crash dump that is plaguing my logs if anyone have an idea.

2655F79E 00CFF5B0 0000:00000000 C:\DCS World\bin\Weapons.dll ?findTargets@wWeaponSystemManager@@QEAAXXZ()+2AE
2653F5C0 00CFF5E0 0000:00000000 C:\DCS World\bin\Weapons.dll ?findTargets@wGroupTargetManager@@MEAAXAEAN@Z()+60
1BFDCAD5 00CFF610 0000:00000000 C:\DCS World\bin\Transport.dll ?setOption@wcColumn@@UEAAXIAEBVParameter@@@Z()+1F85

I won't lie ; I am pretty tired of DCS at this point and I am also not happy of the direction this forum thread or the server has taken recently.

My original goal was to work for something new while the current server was working pretty much alone but I just don't have the time to maintain the current server on such broken grounds ; while trying to address all the same recurring complains and also working on something new I wanted/would like to provide to DCS.

It's burning me and killing my Open Conflict motivation.

I am contemplating putting Open Conflict on a break so I can free my mind of all the problems and complains while focusing on something new (that should actually answer some complains)

I am also hoping this will give ED some time to get DCS to some kind of stable ground :music_whistling:

I am somewhat perfectionist and having to cut all the features of my server one by one because of bugs and seeing my server crash every hour is just killing me :cry:

Last Update: I removed all the ships from the map. Let's see if it's better :(

Edited by Mirknir
  • Like 2

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Hey Mirknir. Sorry to hear you are becoming burnt out, but I completely understand. As you know I used to really enjoy your server. However with the recent change in direction you mentioned I just can’t bring myself to log in. I miss the good old days where you could actually do something other than air quake, or get shot down by the air quakers.

I had a thought/idea a while back that while it would be wholly unpopular, could be interesting. That idea was to completely remove, or disable, all of the slots for the aircraft that are usually used in air quake scenarios. I can hear the screams and rage generated by those reading this and while I am sympathetic, there are other servers more suited to this. OC used to be a great place to come in and learn a new module and have a great time.

Anyhow, I know I will not make any friends with my suggestion, but it’s just an idea. Maybe one day I will get around to figure out how to run my own server. I have the hardware and bandwidth, but not the knowledge to make it happen.

Again, not looking to step on anyone’s toes or hurt anyone’s feelings. Just spitballing an idea. Thank you Mirknir for all the work you have done for the community. I know I will support whatever direction you choose to go with OC.

i7-7700K @ 5.2Ghz

SLI 1080Ti

64GB GSkill Trident Z RGB 4133

Asus Maximus IX Extreme

Custom Water Cooling Loop

TM Warthog/ MFG Crosswind

I see this as a Combat Server...not a Flight school...as for Airquake...gather your mates and take them on..thats the very essence of combat!

Intel i7- 8700K 4.8ghz

64 Gb RAM at 3200mhz

Kraken X 72 cooler

DCS on M.2 drive 500 Gb

I see this as a Combat Server...not a Flight school...as for Airquake...gather your mates and take them on..thats the very essence of combat!

And that right there is the problem. Open Conflict is a casual/training server designed for both new players and DCS veterans. Read page 1 of this thread to hear it from Mirknir himself. Finding the balance between total freedom of airframe choice, and making a playspace for all types of players is extremely difficult and the airquake mentality makes it very difficult to maintain this balance. It is also not helped by the fact that the teams often stack in favour of red in terms of fighter count, leaving the attackers and helos (which are 90% of the time on blue) vulnerable.

We are working on solutions to the issues but its not easy, and as always in life you can't please everyone, not for lack of trying!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think a PVE server with a few random AI CAP planes would be fun.

There are other servers that do it. The one I play the most is the Through the Inferno servers (one on 2.1, one on 1.5.7). I think a PVE focus would work real well with Mirknir's setup especially because he provides lat/long coordinates which many of the aircraft can use in their navs, whereas TTI uses military grid. Perhaps some of the NAV systems can use military grid coords, but I'm not aware of it.

Anyway this is Mirknir's work and I'm only suggesting this as an option to resolve the airquake and loadout concerns, and maybe help get back to the casual, cooperative training aspect (if that's still the vision for the server). Either way I appreciate his time and effort and I'll continue to enjoy playing on his server!

=============================

i7 5820k | 32GB RAM | Nvidia 2070RTX | 1TB SSD

Very happy to see that I’m not totally alone in my thinking. I can’t imagine trying to learn the Harrier and defending all the time.

But that’s just me. As has said before, this server is his baby and I will completely respect any decision he makes.

i7-7700K @ 5.2Ghz

SLI 1080Ti

64GB GSkill Trident Z RGB 4133

Asus Maximus IX Extreme

Custom Water Cooling Loop

TM Warthog/ MFG Crosswind

Hey Mirknir, your mental health is more important than the server, if you need a break don't hesitate to take one! It will allow time for DCS to merge and mature (they are running a MP test later this month) and you will come back refreshed.

I do like the idea of making it a PvE server, that would get rid of a lot of the complaints and allow you to relax a bit.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Mirknir Health is first and formost !

Have to admit the new running time...ie 80% night ops is Not much fun. The previous beginning just before sunrise was Fantastic

Intel i7- 8700K 4.8ghz

64 Gb RAM at 3200mhz

Kraken X 72 cooler

DCS on M.2 drive 500 Gb

Hey Mirknir, your mental health is more important than the server, if you need a break don't hesitate to take one! It will allow time for DCS to merge and mature (they are running a MP test later this month) and you will come back refreshed.

I do like the idea of making it a PvE server, that would get rid of a lot of the complaints and allow you to relax a bit.

Agreed, if you need a break Mirk don't hesitate, we'll be here waiting when you return

"Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil. For I am 80,000 feet and climbing." -9th SRW Det. 1 Wing Ops, Kadena AFB, Okinawa, Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5-4460, 16GB of RAM, MSi GTX 970 Twin Frozr V, ASRock H97M Anniversary, 2x 1TB HDD, Fractal design Core 1100, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Corsair Vengeance K70, Razer Abyssus mouse, BenQ 1080P monitor.

Is the server still around? Haven't seen it listed as of late.

It's been my go-to server over the last week, awesome design of the missions and scripts, and have been largely been unaffected by any unbalance since I've been flying low in a heli.

Going about the missions while having enemy players zooming about (and sometimes engaging) has been exciting and a great mix and a good opportunity to buddy up and play alongside others.

And that right there is the problem. Open Conflict is a casual/training server designed for both new players and DCS veterans. Read page 1 of this thread to hear it from Mirknir himself. Finding the balance between total freedom of airframe choice, and making a playspace for all types of players is extremely difficult and the airquake mentality makes it very difficult to maintain this balance. It is also not helped by the fact that the teams often stack in favour of red in terms of fighter count, leaving the attackers and helos (which are 90% of the time on blue) vulnerable.

We are working on solutions to the issues but its not easy, and as always in life you can't please everyone, not for lack of trying!

Thanks for the support guys :)

I took some time to think it over.

Yea, seeing as DCS 1.5 is becoming more and more broken and OC less and less interesting because of all the features that are to be removed; I've decided to move on.

I will focus my work on Regenesis and try to implement some of the solutions we've spoken about but that required too much work in OC.

Some solutions will be script-wise like a more balanced awacs/CGI that will give more information to weaker planes and some will be mission-side like a bigger conflict zone and more dynamic objectives so the map doesn't always feel the same.

I am sorry for the poor state of the current OC but DCS 1.5 just didn't give me a choice.

For the lol, here is the crashes that happened today (all of them in weapons.dll):

Server-Crashes.thumb.jpg.509d44169cdfe345548afdeea41ca76f.jpg

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread