Target Undesignate/NWS/FOV Toggle

Shadow_1stVFW

So, I can't find anything on the FOV toggle of this button. What FOV toggle does it do and how does one use it.

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

• 2 weeks later...

This is very strange, I just tried to make sure and on my PC, with TPOD in HTS mode, the NWS button just undesignates the target, while the Sesnor select swith left cycles between WD/NR fov...

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

That's what I thought. Haven't seen how to make that work. I'm assuming it's for the MAV FOV. Maybe a press and hold before target designation to decrease the FOV. Didn't work. But they named it that. So I assume it came from somewhere.

I can't figure out how it's logical to map FOV toggle and target undesignate to the same switch. Logically, this means that you cannot change FOV once a target is designated.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

Checked the manual, and it definitely doesn't change FOV in the TPOD / HTS mode. What it does is set the TPOD in slave mode (which doesn't work correctly btw).

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

Checked the manual, and it definitely doesn't change FOV in the TPOD / HTS mode. What it does is set the TPOD in slave mode (which doesn't work correctly btw).
Shame. Still missing a few features in the TPOD we need.

Random unrelated questions, in HTS mode is SSS up supposed to take you back to the menu?

Shame. Still missing a few features in the TPOD we need.

Random unrelated questions, in HTS mode is SSS up supposed to take you back to the menu?

Deselects TPOD video on the MPCD and return to normal aircraft HOTAS mode.

From the Razbam pocket guide.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Thanks

Yes it does.

This is in accordance with A1-AV8BB-TAC-000 AV-8 Tactical Manual Volume 1 at page 1-387.

• 1 year later...

It's for changing Mavericks FOV, but it never worked correctly. https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=232106

Combining it with undesignate also makes some sense, because in real life (and in DCS F/A-18 for example) you can not change the FOV of a Maverick locked to a target. You can either change FOV or undesignate, never both.

For changing TPOD WIDE/NARROW, you can use Sensor Select Switch Left with TPOD in HTS mode, but there is no HOTAS control for smooth zoom in/out.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

there is no HOTAS control for smooth zoom in/out.

There is now! Under the section keyboard macros there is a TPOD video zoom in/out. It is only half-fake since the Plus version controls zoom with the antenna elevation, which the NA does not have. Makes sense to have a short command for it in the NA too and it is small and practical enough for me to accept it.

I mean there's no hotas control in the aircraft, you could always map MPCD buttons responsible for zoom+/- if you were desperate.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

I mean there's no hotas control in the aircraft, you could always map MPCD buttons responsible for zoom+/- if you were desperate.

I did do that for a while... Then I felt it was cheaty and stopped. But its a great thing to have on the planes that do have it.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).