Spawning the same unit with radio menu as often as desired - how?

darkman222

I am modifying a user mission I downloaded from the ED userfiles.

I could spawn a unit once. Then I had to start the mission again. I am a total beginner so I am going for trial and error. Which is all the time error for me ;)

The setup is like in the 3 screenshots. I think the problem must be in the repetitive action. From what I understand the flag gets false after execution, but must become true again for a new activation. So I remove the F5 and add it back, hoping it will make the flag true again. I also tried activation "once" and "switched condition"

Does anyone have an idea?

118475235_Screenshot2020-09-1922_53_47.thumb.png.4e074ce4f6abe277e087361c55e57270.png

177393932_Screenshot2020-09-1922_54_15.thumb.png.d189008ec7d3cf4618ce670e8b19f942.png

1204136899_Screenshot2020-09-1922_54_30.thumb.png.38c0b23618bece4f6e75e027774b4320.png

You can only spawn multiples frome the ME if you add the units into the ME. You will have to copy and paste and late activate each one yoy want to spawn again, if just using the ME. You can always use MIST or MOOSE but as im still learning scripting, im not much help in that area.

Im at work right now else i have a few missions like that you could pick apart to see how it works...

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Thanks. I understand now. If the unit is dead, you cant make it alive again. So I copy / pasted the enemy aircraft multiple times. But this mission is setup that way that the aircraft gets a flag and a value. First I was trying to cheat by giving the aircraft the same name, which will be probibited by the ME. Different names but same flag seems not to work either. Well that means lots of repetitive work for what I want. I would be thankful if someone has a template mission with a script.

Try instead GROUP ACTIVATE(F5E) use DO SCRIPT ACTION:

mist.respawnGroup('F-5E', true)

...and add FLAG OFF(1) then make new trigger with condition to set FLAG 1 ON again. Switched condition loop, something like that.

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

You need to download and run a script like MOOSE or MIST for unlimited respawns. It is super easy to do. Welcome to the addiction.

With MOOSE...

Mission start trigger runs the MOOSE script file.

Another mission start trigger does the script "Aggressors = SPAWN:New( "F5 Aggressors" )

Then have the flag attached to your radio menu do "Aggressors:Spawn()"

Add an action that turns the flag off

The flag should be a switched condition. The name for the f5 needs to match the unit, not the group. If it is a multi ship flight the whole flight will spawn with the first.

Now you can spawn away with the f10 menu.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria