Trackir driving me mad

What can I do about Trackir 5? I am so close giving up on DCS because Trackir is useless and not working anymore. Seconds of lag and stutter. Problems always start when dogfight begins. When bombing not so much trouble. Light is not the issue cause in darkness I have the same problem. I am using Spudknockers Hud profile. It seems like it's getting worse every time. Time to move on and get VR? It used to work just fine when I got it first but now it's driving me mad.:mad:

TrackIR is unique to each individual using it. Greatly depends on where you have the sensor, height of the sensor, distance from you to the sensor, how much you want to have to move your head, etc. etc. It is not a simple plug and play. It takes a great deal of fine tuning to get it to where you are comfortable. For example, when I first got it, I spent over 3 hours just tuning it before I ever got into the sim, then fine tuned it some more once I loaded up DCS.

As for the lag and stutters, while I'm no expert, I would say it's probably more your computer and DCS than TrackIR; as it doesn't use a lot of juice to run it.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. Try fine tuning it some more and see the reaction you get from each little correction you make.

Good luck.

EDIT: Something else that needs to be considered, make sure you don't have any windows or mirrors behind you, as the sun and mirror reflection can play hell with TrackIR.

What can I do about Trackir 5? I am so close giving up on DCS because Trackir is useless and not working anymore. Seconds of lag and stutter. Problems always start when dogfight begins. When bombing not so much trouble. Light is not the issue cause in darkness I have the same problem. I am using Spudknockers Hud profile. It seems like it's getting worse every time. Time to move on and get VR? It used to work just fine when I got it first but now it's driving me mad.:mad:

Have you enabled the TrackIR software debugging to look what their sensor (camera) does see as IR sources?

It helps often to find out possible interference.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Although I have the TrackIr 3 Pro, I have similar problems from time to time, which are most noticeable in close maneuvering combat. I don't know why then, but if problems are frequent then uninstalling, cleaning the registry and then reinstalling helps.

W10 64bit, i9 9900K, 64GB RAM, GTX 1070Ti, 27" FullHD monitor

Are you using the reflective hat clip or a active TrackClip?

-> If you using the reflective clip, the IR leds inside the TrackIR generate a lot of heat. Maybe check if the TrackIR is toasty hot.

-> If you using the track clip, make sure you are centered in your TrackIR Camera view and your head movement doesnt result in bad tracking (green dots switch to red dots). They might overlap, especially if you are looking up or checking your 6 o'clock.

When you say lag / stutter, you are refer only to TrackIR stutters/lag and not ingame lag, right?

Dogfighting normaly means high altitude with high FPS. While bombing goes closer to the ground and the fps drop a bit.

-> Have you tried limiting your FPS to 60 so TrackIR doesnt act up? Never experienced this issue before, but I've definitly read about TrackIR problems when the game runs faster than 60FPS.

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

When I have problems it is caused by sunlight shining into the area behind me. It is not shining toward me but creates bright spots on the walls and floor behind me. I assume the sensor is picking these up. It is especially bad if my wife is walking around in that area because she blocks and unblocks the light patches. My screen goes to a crazy angle and I flop my head side to side and it comes back to correct.

I dont know what you are using monitor wise but if is not a fancy one perhpas try Vsync (if you havent already). Limiting frames is just putting a hard cap on them. Its not evenly pacing them.

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

• 3 months later...

Sorry because I don't know how to tell you guys this. So here is my problem. As you can see I can't see much in this fight. No eyes on this guy most of the time. I can only see behind me but mostly I'm blind. Is it the Trackir or something else?

1 hour ago, Loso said:

Sorry because I don't know how to tell you guys this. So here is my problem. As you can see I can't see much in this fight. No eyes on this guy most of the time. I can only see behind me but mostly I'm blind. Is it the Trackir or something else?

wait, so your problem is that you lost sight of the bandit?  What does that have to do with TrackIR? 

If you're talking about how jumpy the view is, that is the TrackIR losing sight of your clip as you turn your head too far.  You can tune that out by adjusting the curves so that you don't need to move your head as much to look behind you.  (this may also alleviate some of the motion sickness if you have that problem)

Don't get me wrong, I've had a long running email conversation with NaturalPoint regarding my own problems with the system in DCS, but it doesn't look like you're having any of those problems.