Why there isn't a guide how to fight in Dora?

wizav

I mean it's quite different from Spit, bf109 ... I've been looking on youtube but nothing ....

How am I to learn this plane without guide and tutorials :)

People are afraid of this plane (and purchase) by the way because of it's complexity.

I wanted to buy Dora and Anton, but it seems I'll skip Dora....

Wish I knew how to WIN with Dora, I loose all fights against all other warbirds.

To be honest, I don't recommend the Dora unless you only want to do hit and run tactics and ground attack. It's probably ok againts bombers to but the A8 is better for that. It can't turn very well at all and any kind of turning in a fight is generally giving your opponent an advantage so you really only have one option. You can hit and run, not exactly what I look for in a fighter.

Before the P51Ds climb rate was improved it was decent, it could get an altitude advantage and keep it but now it can really only hit and run. The spitfire eats it alive with its far superior climb rate and turning ability.

I think the A8 is a much nicer module and it can hit and run as well.

Edited by Snapage

I don't have the Dora, but I just bought the Anton and am having a lot of fun trying to learn that for the moment. For me, the flight manual is a good place to start if you haven't already done that.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjO4pimm9jpAhWrY98KHZh0DI8QFjAAegQIBBAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fsteamcdn-a.akamaihd.net%2Fsteam%2Fapps%2F250990%2Fmanuals%2FDCS_Fw_190_D-9_Flight_Manual_EN.pdf%3Ft%3D1509660550&usg=AOvVaw1lBpCVQVNWzOq-u29GYD6O

Lots of guys on Youtube showing off their skill in the Dora.

Here's one on how to dogfight in the Dora. You will have to watch it to know if it works for you though.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjO49_-ndjpAhXllHIEHdbDCc4QwqsBMAB6BAgJEAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D93SUiorZTVg&usg=AOvVaw2Zyki_VxVjvyop_kZhSup5

The FW190D9 used to be able to fight really well before a series of updates which made it's engine very fragile and overheat more easily.

Any videos older then 2020 are not accurate representations of the Doras performance in DCS in its current state.

The FW190D9 used to be able to fight really well before a series of updates which made it's engine very fragile and overheat more easily.

Any videos older then 2020 are not accurate representations of the Doras performance in DCS in its current state.

Honestly i haven't encounter any overheat issues. Even when i go vertical to 100 kph range, still cooling does the job.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Honestly i haven't encounter any overheat issues. Even when i go vertical to 100 kph range, still cooling does the job.

Maybe that's been fixed now, I don't know. I have not flown it in ages because I don't find it any fun compared to the other planes. I prefer to fly the A8 over the Dora.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, thought it best post on here in this thread about dog fighting in the Dora rather than create a new post.

Essentially in the last month I have really got in to warbirds, however I'm new and clearly not very good. I fly the 190d the most and just like it. I do as you guys have been mentioning, fast attack runs no turning etc. I find though that the spits seem to be able to keep up and get rounds off on me. If I try gradually climbing they are still there behind me. So I'm a bit perplexed as I cannot seem to shake them by extending. Obviously my throttles full forward. It's on the SoW server so MW50 is disabled.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I go by 'Gryphon' on MP. Intel Core i7 9700K OC 5GB. 32GB DDR4 4300Mhz Crucial RGB Ballistix OC. Corsair Hydro Series H100. ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F. EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB OC. * 2 Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 500GB. Seagate 1TB 3.5" SATA3 FireCuda SSHD. TMaster T.16000m FCS HOTAS. Track IR.

• 1 month later...
Hi guys, thought it best post on here in this thread about dog fighting in the Dora rather than create a new post.

Essentially in the last month I have really got in to warbirds, however I'm new and clearly not very good. I fly the 190d the most and just like it. I do as you guys have been mentioning, fast attack runs no turning etc. I find though that the spits seem to be able to keep up and get rounds off on me. If I try gradually climbing they are still there behind me. So I'm a bit perplexed as I cannot seem to shake them by extending. Obviously my throttles full forward. It's on the SoW server so MW50 is disabled.

Without MW50 it is much harder. You need to build your speed up before you engage an enemy and keep it up so you can extend away. Trying to accelerate away from an enemy close on your six is very difficult.

Keep in mind when ever your turning in the FW190D your opponent is gaining an advantage. Especially if its a spitfire. Don't try to do a steep climb againts a spitfire either. If you have enough of an energy advantage you can zoom climb above the enemy and attack again. Otherwise you just extend away in a shallow climb.