DCS: F-86F Official Interactive Training Missions

derelor

I just found these. Thanks. I have figured out most of it from tutorials on the net, forums, and just flying missions, but I haven't tried any ground attack yet.

Love the F-86. A fantastic module.

Cheers,

Edited by scotth6

If you have installed the latest Beta version of DCS World, you'll find you already have all but the navigation tutorial is installed under the training tab.

The navigation mission you can add either under C:\Users\**name**\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Missions where **name** is whatever you have called your log in on your PC. If it is placed here, you can find it under the My Missions tab in Missions when you run the game

or:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\F-86\Missions\Training

In which case, it should appear on the trainings tab for the F-86F in the same way as the rest of them.

or:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\F-86\Missions\Training

In which case, it should appear on the trainings tab for the F-86F in the same way as the rest of them.

You also have to modify your lessons.lua in order for it to show up in the training tab.

Otherwise you can always start it via "Mission" and selecting the corresponding path...

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

You also have to modify your lessons.lua in order for it to show up in the training tab.

Any tips on how to modify it?

Thanks

ASUS Z170 PRO Gaming || i7x6700K@4.6GHz || Noctua NH-U14S || Corsair16GB DDR4 - 3000MHz || Asus Strix GTX-1080 TI-11GB || TrackIr 5Pro || Saitek x-55 Rhino || Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals || Win10 pro

Any tips on how to modify it?

Thanks

Sure.

Make a backup of your lessons.lua just in case.

Then use Notepad++ and add this before the "end of lessons" line:

{
       ["file"] = "F-86F Training - Navigation.miz",
       ["name"] = _("F-86F Navigation"),
       ["description"] = _("In this lesson, we will practice Navigation in the F-86F."),
   },

Edited by spiddx

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Uploaded navigation training mission - please give feedback.

Note there can be a little issue due to a recent bugfix with AN/ARN-6 frequency band selection logic. If you encounter this problem, simply select the band position 180° from the correct one.

Next will be "A2A Guns".

Good mission. Just found a small typo in the "taxi comp" mission trigger:

"To ease following a desired heading (for example, the runway heading after takeoff), you can use --> using <-- heading knob,"

Should say "use the heading knob".

Good mission. Just found a small typo in the "taxi comp" mission trigger:

"To ease following a desired heading (for example, the runway heading after takeoff), you can use --> using <-- heading knob,"

Should say "use the heading knob".

Thanks again! Fixed and re-uploaded.

1338 - beyond leet

ED Forum rules EN|DE|RU

For those who may need it, attached is the F-86F Training folder that contains the 6 training missions and the complete LUA "Training" description.

Replaces the Training folder at Mods/Aircraft/F-86/Missions/EN.

Note that the path given is the location necessary for the missions to appear in the "training" main menu selection.

Training.rar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3rd Mar Div

RVN '66-'67

waaw , so it wil come official in a dcs update the training missions with voiceover and weapons deployment and navigation and such waaw , that how it must be , niiiiice

:pilotfly:

i7-920, 12 GB DDR3 1600, Gigabyte x58 ud3r, Gigabyte GTX 970 OC, 2x500GB SSD+1x250ssd, TrackIR 5 clip, screen 42 inches, and 21 inches, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle and stick,t500rs,th8 shifter, Saitek Pro throttle, x controller, G11 keys

Feedback on the Cold Start mission:

1) The text directs you to test alternate hydraulics, but never directly tells you to reset and return to normal hydraulics. It only implies that you will be doing so later.

2) Before disconnecting ground power, the throttle should be increased to about 40% (>35%) to provide proper electrical power. Otherwise, the voltage will be too low and you will get warning lights.

3) When is oxygen going to be turned on?

I have the real startup procedure from the manual printed out and bound together into a knee pad reference... but usually I take the short cut and follow almost exactly the procedure described in the cold start mission. But I wait for the engine rpm to stabilize, then increase to 40% prior to continuing. I also turn on the oxygen and set my navigation lights while waiting for the engine to spool up. I rarely worry about the pitot tube heater, but I suppose that should be mentioned during the cold start procedure?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Feedback on the Taxi mission:

On my first attempt, I took too long to catch up to the HMMV after testing brakes and turning to line up with the taxi way. The HMMV had stopped to wait... then he made a U-turn and rammed me as I was catching up.

On my second attempt, I was much more aggressive with the throttle, so I was always right behind the HMMV and had no problems completing the mission.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank-you, sir.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Not much to say about Takeoff mission -- throttle and go. Feels very light, jumps off of the runway.

Feedback on the Landing mission:

Wow! Very smooth. Was exceptionally easy to match the textbook/verbal procedure, hit all the gates, touch down smoothly, and park. In other DCS planes and/or sims with similar missions, it is not always easy or even possible to keep up with the verbal/text directions and hit the desired speed/rate-of-descent points. This one was pretty much effortless to follow.

Aren't there other switches that should be toggled during shutdown?

Turn off nav lights, oxygen, battery?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]