ATTN Aeria Gloria, Vet Jeff pilots - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-16-2020, 05:24 AM   #21
UVP/Mechan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKhan View Post
Brother i would suggest you rename this thread if possible to JF-17 tips & tricks or tactics, tht way it would be sort of an tactics information pool abt the Jeff
:palec nahoru:
UVP/Mechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 05:34 AM   #22
Shrike88

To add to your neat tips and tricks. Not really a Trick, but just noticed the Data page keeps a record of your (releases) of weapons as a snapshot of data at time of weapon release. 1,2,3,4 etc.

Pretty sweet, Didnt know that was there. Always finding something new and neat. Deka you guys rock !

now just finish Toss, Low Alt toss / Loft modes
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen_200915_235427.png
Views:	42
Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	247536  
Shrike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 04:27 PM   #23
J20Stronk

Pro tip for dogfighters: the optimal AoA appears to be around 10° to 11°.

With no external stores, full CMBT afterburner I was able to keep a horizontal full aft stick turn at 8Gs while maintaining 405kts airspeed and 20.8 deg/s turn rate, so long as AoA was around that region.

While I don't have EM charts to confirm this, it would appear that this is the point in the graph where Drag and Lift meet; giving you the most optimal turn.

AoA higher than 11° just exponentially increases drag without granting much lift, so your best bet would be to keep the AoA below 12° at all times when dogfighting.

There is no "best turn speed" with this plane (or with any plane, really). Depending on your loadout and flight conditions it can range from 400kts to 480kts.

Much like landing, fly with AoA and match the speed with it.
J20Stronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 04:41 PM   #24
AeriaGloria
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by J20Stronk View Post
Pro tip for dogfighters: the optimal AoA appears to be around 10° to 11°.

With no external stores, full CMBT afterburner I was able to keep a horizontal full aft stick turn at 8Gs while maintaining 405kts airspeed and 20.8 deg/s turn rate, so long as AoA was around that region.

While I don't have EM charts to confirm this, it would appear that this is the point in the graph where Drag and Lift meet; giving you the most optimal turn.

AoA higher than 11° just exponentially increases drag without granting much lift, so your best bet would be to keep the AoA below 12° at all times when dogfighting.

There is no "best turn speed" with this plane (or with any plane, really). Depending on your loadout and flight conditions it can range from 400kts to 480kts.

Much like landing, fly with AoA and match the speed with it.
In a clean aircraft, I haven’t done any tests, but looking at what other users have done and my own personal experience, and I believe LJQCN has said similar things, that max sustained rate is actually a little bit lower in the 350knot range, right were you can’t hold exactly 8G, but gives you maximum rate. I usually end up just below the buffering that starts at 14 degree AOA on the deck, but I agree that about 10-12 is a sweet spot. It all depends if you are going for max G or max rate, for max G you are absolutely right, it can sustain 8G really well at those speeds, just be aware that depending on situation you can push more rate and tighter turn radius at slower speeds up to a point. Obviously below 400 knots you can’t just hold the stick back all the way since ITR also jumps and is impossible to sustain, but if your easy on the stick I think you will find even greater then 20.8 degree a second turn rate once you get below 400 knots around 350, assuming we are below 15,000 feet.

I have some charts some users made that I can post showing the max rate at 350 knots, but since then the CL and CD coefficients were changed, so while they still feel pretty good to me they are probably not as accurate as they used to be, but as far as I can tell the changed coefficients affected the “resolution” of performance making performance changes throughout the AOA range smoother, but that’s just my thought on that change

For chart 1, I believe dotted line represents speeds that max available G can be sustained. They show about 23 degrees sustained at 350 knots, and 26 degree a second for ITR at 300 knots
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E039E673-0075-47BC-873A-D67BCAA169DE.png
Views:	28
Size:	318.6 KB
ID:	247664   Click image for larger version

Name:	CEEF4A99-929A-40E0-B9D9-6D372341E88E.png
Views:	19
Size:	341.5 KB
ID:	247666   Click image for larger version

Name:	2294E011-5499-4C76-B15C-1230CB873079.png
Views:	13
Size:	349.3 KB
ID:	247667  

Last edited by AeriaGloria; 09-17-2020 at 05:19 PM.
AeriaGloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 11:54 PM   #25
sublime

Quote:
Originally Posted by UVP/Mechan View Post
:palec nahoru:
translation?
I can rename it. but how lol?
my work here is done anyways - as its being discussed
sublime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 11:55 PM   #26
sublime

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeriaGloria View Post
In a clean aircraft, I haven’t done any tests, but looking at what other users have done and my own personal experience, and I believe LJQCN has said similar things, that max sustained rate is actually a little bit lower in the 350knot range, right were you can’t hold exactly 8G, but gives you maximum rate. I usually end up just below the buffering that starts at 14 degree AOA on the deck, but I agree that about 10-12 is a sweet spot. It all depends if you are going for max G or max rate, for max G you are absolutely right, it can sustain 8G really well at those speeds, just be aware that depending on situation you can push more rate and tighter turn radius at slower speeds up to a point. Obviously below 400 knots you can’t just hold the stick back all the way since ITR also jumps and is impossible to sustain, but if your easy on the stick I think you will find even greater then 20.8 degree a second turn rate once you get below 400 knots around 350, assuming we are below 15,000 feet.

I have some charts some users made that I can post showing the max rate at 350 knots, but since then the CL and CD coefficients were changed, so while they still feel pretty good to me they are probably not as accurate as they used to be, but as far as I can tell the changed coefficients affected the “resolution” of performance making performance changes throughout the AOA range smoother, but that’s just my thought on that change

For chart 1, I believe dotted line represents speeds that max available G can be sustained. They show about 23 degrees sustained at 350 knots, and 26 degree a second for ITR at 300 knots
thhanks for your work. Others will understand this and put it to good use. I will pretend its chinese writing on the skin I dont understand.
Old 09-17-2020, 11:56 PM   #27
sublime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike88 View Post
To add to your neat tips and tricks. Not really a Trick, but just noticed the Data page keeps a record of your (releases) of weapons as a snapshot of data at time of weapon release. 1,2,3,4 etc.

Pretty sweet, Didnt know that was there. Always finding something new and neat. Deka you guys rock !

now just finish Toss, Low Alt toss / Loft modes
I knew about this too.
Yes it is useful. of course it doesnt tell you if there were kills but it has your planes speed aspect all that, fascinating. the checklists are brilliant.
I have some epic battles trying to get my squad to even LOOK at the jeff. its a shame! its such a good plane! people hear china or pakistan and get iffy
Old 09-17-2020, 11:57 PM   #28
sublime

Quote:
Originally Posted by J20Stronk View Post
Set the TGP to SLAVE with MFD U3. It'll slave to the SPI or WP if there is no lock.
I know about it transferrring to WP. you mean if I lock and then go to pod itll show what radars looking at? coool ty