ATTN Aeria Gloria, Vet Jeff pilots

sublime

In a clean aircraft, I haven’t done any tests, but looking at what other users have done and my own personal experience, and I believe LJQCN has said similar things, that max sustained rate is actually a little bit lower in the 350knot range, right were you can’t hold exactly 8G, but gives you maximum rate. I usually end up just below the buffering that starts at 14 degree AOA on the deck, but I agree that about 10-12 is a sweet spot. It all depends if you are going for max G or max rate, for max G you are absolutely right, it can sustain 8G really well at those speeds, just be aware that depending on situation you can push more rate and tighter turn radius at slower speeds up to a point. Obviously below 400 knots you can’t just hold the stick back all the way since ITR also jumps and is impossible to sustain, but if your easy on the stick I think you will find even greater then 20.8 degree a second turn rate once you get below 400 knots around 350, assuming we are below 15,000 feet.

I have some charts some users made that I can post showing the max rate at 350 knots, but since then the CL and CD coefficients were changed, so while they still feel pretty good to me they are probably not as accurate as they used to be, but as far as I can tell the changed coefficients affected the “resolution” of performance making performance changes throughout the AOA range smoother, but that’s just my thought on that change

For chart 1, I believe dotted line represents speeds that max available G can be sustained. They show about 23 degrees sustained at 350 knots, and 26 degree a second for ITR at 300 knots

thhanks for your work. Others will understand this and put it to good use. I will pretend its chinese writing on the skin I dont understand.

To add to your neat tips and tricks. Not really a Trick, but just noticed the Data page keeps a record of your (releases) of weapons as a snapshot of data at time of weapon release. 1,2,3,4 etc.

Pretty sweet, Didnt know that was there. Always finding something new and neat. Deka you guys rock !

now just finish Toss, Low Alt toss / Loft modes ;)

I knew about this too.

Yes it is useful. of course it doesnt tell you if there were kills but it has your planes speed aspect all that, fascinating. the checklists are brilliant.

I have some epic battles trying to get my squad to even LOOK at the jeff. its a shame! its such a good plane! people hear china or pakistan and get iffy

Jeff Carrier Ops

Ok the Jeff is practically carrier qualified! :D see the below video, the guy lands, re-arms and takes off with full weight. If you guys are ever in a mission where carrier ops is necessary, u can still use the trusty Jeff for that :D

Edited by MAKhan

Ok the Jeff is practically carrier qualified! :D see the below video, the guy lands, re-arms and takes off with full weight. If you guys are ever in a mission where carrier ops is necessary, u can still use the trusty Jeff for that :D

yes. Ive landed her. I find opening drogue chute mid air 2 or 3 seconds before htting the deck helps.

the games a tad un realistic in that regard. a month or 2 ago I couldnt get a catapult to work for my f14.

I angled it and just went full burner and took off... with a combat load.

of course.. china doesnt have any carriers in game to land on.. soo.

yes. Ive landed her. I find opening drogue chute mid air 2 or 3 seconds before htting the deck helps.

the games a tad un realistic in that regard. a month or 2 ago I couldnt get a catapult to work for my f14.

I angled it and just went full burner and took off... with a combat load.

of course.. china doesnt have any carriers in game to land on.. soo.

You can just use the Kuznetsov. Take-offs should be way easier with the ramp anyway. Not sure if going up the ramp after landing would make it easier by enough to compensate for the whole ship being shorter. Would be fun to try anyway.

VC

=X51= Squadron is recruiting!

X51 website: https://x51squadron.com/

Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/d9JtFY4