Full fidelity Russian as next module?

carss

I am actually not a huge fan of many Russian planes, in a perspective of task + avionics + technology.

(I like the looks of almost all of the russian planes though, so please no bashing)

+ I am not really a Carrier guy, more of a road base/airforce-guy (GR Harrier-, BAS90 Viggen-, GAF Tornado Autobahn- action)

BUT the MiG-29K is THE russian plane I would actually love for DCS.

Only a Su-24 would surpass the K for me, thats for the red side of course

That would get me to Redfor, for now I am sticking to Blue A/C.

Im kinda hoping the 29K or full fi su33 might be new ED mystery module. After all they just updated the KUZ for the SC module.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Im kinda hoping the 29K or full fi su33 might be new ED mystery module. After all they just updated the KUZ for the SC module.

hope the same specially the SU-33, thinking the same maybe is the mystery one hopefully

hope the same specially the SU-33, thinking the same maybe is the mystery one hopefully

As long as its an upgraded SU-33 with some sort of strike/pgm capability IMO. At this point Red really needs a modern multirole AC like the "GREENFOR" JF17. I think there were some upgrades over the years for the SU-33 like that.

Alternately if they did a true Fighter, and high end striker that would be fine by me too, but that's 2 planes vs 1.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

That’s what the SVP-24 is for, to do that cheaply with dumb bombs, but that’s a just before Syria upgrade, and I think it was only half of them

Are you talking about the Su-24?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

Are you talking about the Su-24?

No Su-33 upgrades with SVP-24, but I think also Su-24 and Tu-160 have it. It’s a computer for automatic dumb bomb delivery that’s suppossed to be close to the accuracy of smart weapons, using Glonass

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

No Su-33 upgrades with SVP-24, but I think also Su-24 and Tu-160 have it. It’s a computer for automatic dumb bomb delivery that’s suppossed to be close to the accuracy of smart weapons, using Glonass

Does it fly the plane or is it like CCIP/CCRP?

I assume the SU-33 never got anything like a TGP, mig 29 maybe?

The MiG-29K can have an targeting pod fitted to the intake, OLS-K, the SVP-24 uses Glonass and meteorology data to predict everything, to the pilot I assume it works like a CCRP release. It’s said to be accurate to like 3-5m https://thaimilitaryandasianregion.blogspot.com/2017/08/additional-information-on-svp-24.html?m=1

E154859D-1B1E-42FF-B973-F3DC28F4E472.jpeg.5b5c2cd964e3eb28219536f06b913044.jpeg

5BF8DA55-122C-4E20-9AD2-20BF5DE2403B.jpeg.f0a8add8a8d1fef8a30610c4b5e660dd.jpeg

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Seems like this guy should have some manuals, he owns 4 MiG-29 planes in the US. Would he share and would it be enough info for a 3rd party to create a full fidelity module?

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/32869/this-man-owns-the-worlds-most-advanced-private-air-force-after-buying-46-f-a-18-hornets

The issue is not likely the manuals, hell I have some of those. Its the licensing problem for/with ED. IMO....

Remember now that the Kiowa had to be "licensed", there was no documentation shortage for it, but that was the stumbling block.

That is IMO, the brain-melting news that ED finally managed to get some sort of licensing agreement with Su/Mig. So they can now make a module of that plane.

The issue is not likely the manuals, hell I have some of those. Its the licensing problem for/with ED. IMO....

Remember now that the Kiowa had to be "licensed", there was no documentation shortage for it, but that was the stumbling block.

That is IMO, the brain-melting news that ED finally managed to get some sort of licensing agreement with Su/Mig. So they can now make a module of that plane.

How important is that licensing anyway? If i remember correct Razbam had no license for the Mirage 2000C and that's the reason it's called M-2000C in DCS and on the Shop. I can remember someone from Razbam saying something like "we know it's a Mirage, Daussault knows it's a Mirage but we can't call it Mirage...".

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Well call it the Mg-28 and leave out references to the manufacturer. I don’t really care what the name is. There is always a workaround. It would just need to be created by a third party not in Russia.

And look how many changes it needed when they got in touch with ADA. There’s a lot of benefits to licensing, in the Mirage case it meant not only changing to name but not having the needed documentation

You are right about that, a license is always preferable if it includes some more documentation for the dev team, benefits us all. But on this forum you hear "no license = no module" everytime, looking at Razbam i always think "why" if i read that statement. They already did that.

Not talking about the quality of the 3rd party dev and what they make/made out of a module with/without a license here. :music_whistling:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

They managed to get licensing?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

How important is that licensing anyway? If i remember correct Razbam had no license for the Mirage 2000C and that's the reason it's called M-2000C in DCS and on the Shop. I can remember someone from Razbam saying something like "we know it's a Mirage, Daussault knows it's a Mirage but we can't call it Mirage...".
May be very different for the various countries. Very old Il-2 Sturmovik had to abandon to make few flyable Pacific war classic birds as well as some aircraft carriers as Grumman(?) claimed copyright laws (that was the base of the story, later it was said that developers were maybe too scared and little bit cheated - I do not remember the whole story nor the details but that was part of the explanation why i.e. Avenger failed to make it into the game).

Quite likely it may be based on what country your company resides in, what are the copyright laws of the country of origin, whether ownership is eager to strike you with claims and so on.

Thus if ED is russian company and russion officials wants to keep them from making full fidelity Flanker - they may use copyright hammer.

While foreign company may lack the chances to apply such a request in Russia. Or its own laws may say that it is to some extent public property.

They may also use the trick like M-2K - look into the world of the plastic scale kits - due to the copyright plague you buy "german passenger car" (VW Beetle) or Vietnam Thunder (F-105) or on the tyres you read Wpangler and so on. :thumbup:

As it was said - at the same time, licensing may give you access to the manufacturer's support. It may save you lot of work and research and you do not have to guesstimate and quarrel with the customers about fidelity: You can claim "based on data provided by manufacturer" - try to counter it unless you are former pilot of that bird. :)

Edited by mungo13

They managed to get licensing?

Thats my guess. Nothing official.

• 2 weeks later...

If we get a full clickable su-27 or mig-35 that would be amazing. I do love the American teen fighters but flying Russians would be amazing too. The current ones are not clickable so unplayable in VR.

F-14B - F-18C - F-16C - Mirage 2000

i7-6700k 4Ghz; EVGA 2080ti; 32GB DDR4; warthog HOTAS; Logitech pro flight pedals; oculus Rift S

• 3 weeks later...

I would just like to throw my hat in the ring for the MiG-29K, even if highly unlikely. We need a full fidelity to go with the new Kuznetsov, maybe they could scrap together a Gorshkov. That would be cool - Deka makes a Pakistani and then an Indian aircraft! And then a map! Maybe too close to recent history to consider though.

I would just like to throw my hat in the ring for the MiG-29K, even if highly unlikely. We need a full fidelity to go with the new Kuznetsov, maybe they could scrap together a Gorshkov. That would be cool - Deka makes a Pakistani and then an Indian aircraft! And then a map! Maybe too close to recent history to consider though.

We def need a Gorshkov :thumbup: I remember seeing all the way back in 2015 some screenshots of the new Kuznetsov that had deck crew on it too

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

If we get a full clickable su-27 or mig-35 that would be amazing. I do love the American teen fighters but flying Russians would be amazing too. The current ones are not clickable so unplayable in VR.

why unplayable in VR i am using VR and yet i am enjoying myself with SU-27 / J-11 anyway i would die from happens if i got Full Clickable Su-27 or the beloved and the most amazing fighter i love Mig-35 but i think they must create a new russian missiles