2 stupid Editor questions

VpR81

Hi all,

I played around in the mission editor and i'm not sure if i found something. I'm crafting a lot of 2 player coop missions for me and my buddy and always set both player aircrafts as "client". When testing the mission in the editor, i often switch the 2nd slot to an ai wingman so i can see if flags and triggers that require the second aircraft to be triggered/set. A couple of minutes ago, i wanted to convert one of my singleplayer missions for 2 player coop, swapped the ai wingman to client and modifying trigger etc. Then jumped into the cockpit to see if the new static ground crew i placed around both aircrafts is placed perfectly, so kept the client wingman to swap between slots. Problem was, that i had 2 slots in the role selction menu, but couldn't select the second one.

Then i realised that the wingman client aircraft was taken by AI:shocking: I went back to ME and saw, that i forgot to change the first aircraft from "player" to client. Tested this again and everytime i set both planes to client, i was able to choose both slots and i spawned alone. Each time i set one aircraft to client and the other one to player, i had two slots in the role selection menu list but could only select the player aircraft slot while the client one was AI controlled.

I could swear this did not work earlier in OB. I used the search function and could not find anything about the topic, except for that this should not work. So this leads me to two, propably a bit stupid, questions:

1. Is this a feature i missed in an earlier changelog, or is it just me confusing things?

2. Does this affect mission points? I.e. if i set both to client it counts for blue/red, respective setting one to player the othe one to client, it counts for offline points?

Edit: Now that i restarted my PC and launched DCS again, i can not reproduce this in the same way. It's strange. Now i can choose both slots, but as soon as i press escape, click on select role and select the other one, the AI takes over the slot i recently got out of.

Cheers

AI taking MP slot.trk

Edited by VpR81

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

Set the aircraft to Player only when you want it to be flown by a human player in a

single-player mission. Don't use Player for MP missions, instead use Client.

On a Mission with two clients, starting side by side, the aircraft is spawn (created) only when a human player selects the client Slot, so if you connect first you will be alone until your buddy connects and select his plane.

There is a script by @Hardcard that generates a static aircraft where your friend would be, as place holder until he arrives .. more info here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=246709

For mission points, you have three options:

OFFLINE. Used for single player missions; points are only awarded to the Player.

RED. The assigned points are awarded to every client of the RED side.

BLUE. The assigned points are awarded to every client on the BLUE side.

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Always use client (and blue points) for my mp missions, it's just that i forgot to change #1 of the flight from player to client while converting a SP mission for MP and then saw the AI taking over the second slot. After restarting PC and DCS the effect was different, but still strange as shown in the .track file.

Thanks a lot for the answer!

Cheers

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2