Are not dammage sustained ?

jfri

I have noticed during dogfights that when I hit a plane and it is displayed in yellow to have been damaged I see this happening. No matter how many times I inflict such damage the plane still don't go down. It seem like in order to shoot down a plane you need to destroy it at one occassion. Is this how it works ? Btw this question also apply to other planes.

I have noticed during dogfights that when I hit a plane and it is displayed in yellow to have been damaged I see this happening. No matter how many times I inflict such damage the plane still don't go down. It seem like in order to shoot down a plane you need to destroy it at one occassion. Is this how it works ? Btw this question also apply to other planes.

As far as i know, Destroy will show up when,

Pilot got killed, pilot ejected plane, or plane crashed = pilot dead any way if on board.

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

As far as i know, Destroy will show up when,

Pilot got killed, pilot ejected plane, or plane crashed = pilot dead any way if on board.

And I would expect the plane to crash after having a great number of accumulated damage events

They are in the middle of updating the damage model for the WWII aircraft first. Some things have slipped through and this has created some weird, unrealistic conditions. All we can do is report things, but moreso, wait until they fully release the new damage model to see what they have come up with.

And I would expect the plane to crash after having a great number of accumulated damage events

AI is known very well of keeping flying after sustained heavy damage.

Just like Shahdoh said, Damage modeling right now is probably as broken as can be right now, while ED is making New DM tranfer.

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

• 9 months later...

I'm wondering how normal this is:

Played instant mission 'Train Strafe' where a single F109 appears after the train call out.

Mission review screen shows it took 90 hits to destroy the plane. 

Wheras a single burst would destroy a light ground vehicle, that plane took burst after burst. On its tail, I peppered it all over and could see the hit effects.

Is there something wrong with P-15 MG vs air targets?