Landing gear retracts on ground - bug or feature?

rrohde

I've noticed that when on the ground the landing gear can be retracted and the 29 collapses onto the tarmac; should that be happening with weight-on-wheels?

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

The real MiG-29 has no WoW safety trigger, as the handle has a lock forcing the pilot to pull the handle before moving it up or down.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Ah yes, thanks guys - good to know.

The above video showcases nicely what happens in DCS for me when I fat-finger the controls. :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I think this is true for most aircraft in DCS and in RL. I know for Sure the SU-25 and Mig-29 in DCS but I have never try on all of them.

I know the F-16 and F-117 will do it in RL

http://www.f-16.net/g3/var/resizes/f-16-photos/album30/aec.jpg?m=1371900450

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Can confirm Su-25 does it as well... I had a "pilot" years ago set to permadeath who I killed after accidentally hitting the wrong button while taxiing. Also, I've seen RL video specifically of a MiG-29 raising the gear before he came off the ground during takeoff with the expected fiery belly drag. How it happened, I have no idea, but it is physically possible.

-edit same incident as the above video I believe, but from a different perspective. Hope Sergei enjoyed his career cleaning latrines in Siberia.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Back when they ran the state acceptance trials for the Su-33 and original MiG-29K(9.31), there was an incident in which the pilot of the first MiG-29K prototype(no. 311) for some reason accidently raised the landing gear while on the carrier - causing the aircraft to collapse onto the deck.

JJ