Looking to buy new HOTAS...

An VirPil base don't change much this picture:

From VirPil blog.

Nominally is 16 bits, but in practice - joystick angle movement is less, but more than your hands can control. :)

https://virpil.com/en/blog/45-mongoost-50-electronics

So does the Virpil WarBRD base plate get included or it's a separate purchase item.

How does DCS handle HOTAS toggle switches that hold their position when flipped and don't auto toggle back to center? Is there some conflict in mapping?

So does the Virpil WarBRD base plate get included or it's a separate purchase item.

How does DCS handle HOTAS toggle switches that hold their position when flipped and don't auto toggle back to center? Is there some conflict in mapping?

I think the warbrd has an included base plate but I have the older t50.

i7 8700k @ 4.7, 32GB 2900Mhz, 1080ti, CV1

Virpil MT-50\Delta, MFG Crosswind, Warthog Throttle, Virptil Mongoost-50 throttle.

They are just flush against a wall.

They have a pair of prongs that create a few inches distance, no issue with cables etc.

Since I'm using an office chair though, for now, I tied two hooks to my armrests with some rope.

That I attach to the cat's eye hooks on the mounts.

Here's a quick pic of my setup back when I was running the delta grip, but after I got the throttle.

IMG_2354untitled.jpg

Very relaxing and eco-friendly, mate! :D

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

No conflict, but only A-10C have native support for this kind of switch for Warthog HOTAS.

For other planes/sticks you need edit LUA files adding action for OFF state of switches, or use an keymapper, e.g. Joystick Gremlin, JoyTokey...

No conflict, but only A-10C have native support for this kind of switch for Warthog HOTAS.

For other planes/sticks you need edit LUA files adding action for OFF state of switches, or use an keymapper, e.g. Joystick Gremlin, JoyTokey...

Yes this is what I was thinking...thanks.

The VPC MongoosT-50 Grip mounts to the VPC WarBRD base...so are you saying when ordered in this configuration the X plate is not available?

There's T-50 grip, T-50CM grip, left handed T-50 grip and T-50 base. He's talking about the base, not grip.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

T-50 base is no longer available, take that out of the line of thinking.

Only WarBRD base, and it comes with the plate.

There are T-50 grips to choose from, as well as Warthog grip can be used. With Warthog grip can not use Paddle as an axis, only a button. T-50 Grip has an axis on the paddle as well as button press.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

The VPC MongoosT-50 Grip mounts to the VPC WarBRD base...so are you saying when ordered in this configuration the X plate is not available?

Is not this, VPC baseplate is depend on base option, not in grip option.

You buy a WarBRD will receive the 'X' baseplate for optional desktop use, then can use in that base T50, T50CM, Delta - purchased together or individually or Warthog/Cougar grips.

What I say is that T50 base (discontinued for a while) don't offer baseplate option. Is not practical in that base.

Edited by Sokol1_br

Someone I know leant me their TW. A very interesting experience! The accuracy in controlling the aircraft with the stick was quite noticeable. The plane was very smooth flying except for very subtle small movements as there was a bit of stiction there. Flying VR I found the throttle array of buttons not that helpful as for most functions I use the mouse in-cockpit, I would have preferred a couple of rows of programable buttons and toggles in a line for those that are difficult to access in the cockpit.

Also I found the stick/spring a bit heavy getting it out of centre.

Edited by fitness88

• 3 months later...

Can it be mounted on the stock base plate from the TM Warthog?

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

Prices like for the TM WH in Canada are infuriatingly high for no valid reason.

Canada Computers sells the stick and throttle for $569.00, I don't think you'll get it for much less in the U.S. taking the 40% exchange into account.