1.5.8 and 2.2.0 to 2.5 transition Discussion

USSR_Rik

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi to all...i would like that the option of download 2.5 be available and keep my 1.5.8

Here is a picture of one of my favourite plane the typhoon

235954649_f22andtyphoon.thumb.jpeg.1cc78470898c929309617a3c6a2c544f.jpeg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

---- " In Peace.....Prepare to War "--------

Wishlist : F-4 Phantom / F-20 TigerShark / Su-34

Processor Core i7 4790, 32 Gb RAM, 2 Tb SSHD, GTX 750 2Gb, 1920X1080 Gaming Monitor, Senze Joypad, Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit, VMware Workstation 12 for WindowsXP with Office 2007 and Linux OpenSUSE for Net Access.

Is there any way to start with a brand new saved games directory and let it copy files from 1.5 and 2.2? I have all versions installed (release, openbeta and openalpha) and I don't want to download the whole 2.5, but I would like to start with the very default configuration.

Thanks.

Just delete your DCS saved games directory.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

What I want is to have DCS 2.5.0 on Standalone, with all my purchased modules, but no other versions, nothing on Steam, and only one download required. Is that possible? As in, will it automatically update to 2.5, and I'll have to uninstall both versions beforehand, and then install 2.5 and the modules?

Hi to all...i would like that the option of download 2.5 be available and keep my 1.5.8

Here is a picture of one of my favourite plane the typhoon

Did you even read the the original post of this thread?!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

What I want is to have DCS 2.5.0 on Standalone, with all my purchased modules, but no other versions, nothing on Steam, and only one download required. Is that possible? As in, will it automatically update to 2.5, and I'll have to uninstall both versions beforehand, and then install 2.5 and the modules?

The standalone will automatically update to 2.5 and you don't have to keep any other DCS installation.

Tornado3 small.jpg

Well so... euhm... OB is not released today. I lost my bet, but the OB comes 31 january 2018. Hmmm...

So everyone focus on this date..NOW!! Oeps... I think the ED servers got a absolute meltdown!!

I hope this leads not too corruption files.... :D

Fingers crossed, but i think there will be problems, by releasing OB not today.

I don't give up hope. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Well so... euhm... OB is not released today. I lost my bet, but the OB comes 31 january 2018. Hmmm...

There was actually an update released to the OB today: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3365690&postcount=63

Tornado3 small.jpg

There was actually an update released to the OB today: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3365690&postcount=63

Correction.. offcourse i meant 2.5. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

OK, thanks. I did not noticed it. I'll delete the folder and let it regenerate.

The DCS folder on saved games has plenty of useful stuff, rather than delete it its better to just rename it to something else.

That way you can still later on recover your screenshots, your track files, the Hotas configs, your snapviews, the Pilot's logbook, your Campaign progress, etc.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Wait, so, 1.5 will stay the same, and 2.2 (my standalone one) will update? If so, then good, that's what I wanted.

No. Folks, read again the opening post at least! 2.2 will become obsolete. 1.5.8 OP will update to 2.5 OP. Later the 1.5.8 release will update to 2.5 release.

• Like 1

Okay, what can I do, so that when I automatically get updated to 2.5, it becomes Standalone? I don't want it Steam!!

Also, I would prefer it if it doesn't require having 3 DCSs on the computer at one time, or more than one download. And, will it take up less memory than is currently used with both 1.5 and 2.2 being on the computer at the same time?

Okay, what can I do, so that when I automatically get updated to 2.5, it becomes Standalone? I don't want it Steam!!

Also, I would prefer it if it doesn't require having 3 DCSs on the computer at one time, or more than one download. And, will it take up less memory than is currently used with both 1.5 and 2.2 being on the computer at the same time?

FlankerMan, do you have access to your FC3 planes in your 2.2 standalone?

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

I think every one posting questions regarding the 2.5 update should calm down, take a deep breath.

The company has told you when its being released, and how its being released.

25 pages later and the same questions.

Enjoy the software that they have provided to us, and you need to think hard, this is a game after all.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I know the game must also support SLI it is not only done through the driver.

I believe SLI has not been really supported after FC3.

My previous system had two GTX Titan (original) cards so I really tried to get this to work.

DCS did never run very well using both cards and there was not enough FPS improvement.

I now run a singe GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid with a G-Sync monitor an that works way better.

Thank you for explaining. I added a second GTX 980 in SLi and was admittedly disappointed that the fps only increased by 20%. Various forums I visited only ever said that SLi was, in itself, not very successful or not worth the cost. I don't recall aanyone saying it was somehow due to the games trying to use it.

Thanks again.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

Games that used IdTech 5 like Rage and Wolfenstein: The New Order didn't enable SLI either. Going back a few years (when Wolf: NO was new) I could force it through the to render in SLI via the Nvidia control panel despite the game not being supported, but whenever I did that it it led to CTD and BSODs. I hadn't known before then that some games were unsupported either.

Thank you too. It seems we never stop learning.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

Others, *please* speak up if what I say here isn't right...

FlankerMan, if you don't want three installations at once I suggest you follow the steps below. Please note that these steps involve downloading the game twice because that is the only way you can get 2.5 asap without using elevated command prompt commands. If you'd rather wait for the game and just download it once say so and I'll modify these instructions.

1. Keep checkingthis page for a DCS World 2.5 open beta installer from 1 February. When it is available, download it.

2. Go to Steam, right click on DCS World and select "Uninstall", the second last option.

3. Run the 2.5 open beta installer, this will download of the game so it may take some time (for me it will probably take two days ).

4. When the install is complete, launch the game and confirm that you have your Su-27 and the NTTR map available. If the game asks to download these let it do so, it shouldn't be a large download. When you have confirmed that NTTR and the Su-27 are available proceed to step 5.

5. Uninstall DCS World 2.2. Start checking this page again from 08 February for a DCS World 2.5 installer that does *not* say "open beta" - please be careful with this. Once it is available download and run the installer.

6. Launch DCS World 2.5 - again, not the open beta - and check you have access to your

Su-27 and NTTR. Once you have access to those you can delete DCS World 2.5 open beta.

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

While you all are scrambling around for space...you might as well plan ahead for SOH, future modules and enhancement patches...etc. Never really stops, does it?

Sry OT But...Would be cool if someone could plot the (GB) growth of DCS World through the years and give us an idea of the rate.

I realize the rate will not predict anything and changes as it goes. It would just be interesting trivia I suppose.

Surely someone has this data already.

Edited by MegOhm_SD
Cuz my friend BBuhbbakushlnick made me do it

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

JM1, I do have access to my FC3 planes on Standalone. It doesn't offer me the option of installing the Ultimate Argument, but I think that's just because it's for Caucasus, as it says it has a Starforce key. I would rather just have one download, and I don't need it immediately I'm just trying to figure out if it auto updates, and if so, how to work with that. Thanks for all the help!

Just to make it a bit more clear as to what I'd like to accomplish, and how I'd like to go about getting it done, I'll try to explain.

I would like to finish out with just having DCS World 2.5.0 (and all my modules, obviously) on Standalone, NOT Steam, but to not have 1.5.8 Stable or 2.2.0 Open Alpha installed.

Also, I would like to not have to download anything more than once, and to not have 3 versions of DCS World on my computer at one time, however short that time may be (I just don't have the memory for it to be even possible).

I hope that helps, thanks in advance!

SLI and DCS

I don't care, I just purchased a new rig just for a DCS 2.5.

i7-8700k (no reason to get anything else at the moment) + 2x 1080Ti + 64GB RAM.

That is dedicated DCS rig with bare bones, stuffed under a pilot seat.

But I don't mind as I am currently downloading 1.5 Open Beta to it.

While current a i7-8700k + 1080Ti + 32GB RAM has performance issues with 2.2 and 1.5 in VR, as likely I will have as well on the VR rig as well...

FYI I do not believe 2.5 utilizes SLI (could be wrong), I certainly know 2.2 does not.

Would you care to explain that? How does DCS decide whether SLi is to be 'utilised'? I thought that was implemented in the GPU setup not controlled by the application.

I know the game must also support SLI it is not only done through the driver.

I believe SLI has not been really supported after FC3.

My previous system had two GTX Titan (original) cards so I really tried to get this to work.

DCS did never run very well using both cards and there was not enough FPS improvement.

I now run a singe GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid with a G-Sync monitor an that works way better.

Games that used IdTech 5 like Rage and Wolfenstein: The New Order didn't enable SLI either. Going back a few years (when Wolf: NO was new) I could force it through the to render in SLI via the Nvidia control panel despite the game not being supported, but whenever I did that it it led to CTD and BSODs. I hadn't known before then that some games were unsupported either.

Thank you for explaining. I added a second GTX 980 in SLi and was admittedly disappointed that the fps only increased by 20%. Various forums I visited only ever said that SLi was, in itself, not very successful or not worth the cost. I don't recall aanyone saying it was somehow due to the games trying to use it.

Thanks again.

The Problem:

The current profile in nVidia Drivers for DCS.exe is from April 23, 2009. :doh: Wish Eagle Dynamics and nVidia would work together to get that sorted out.

That means, the driver is looking for a DX9 version of DCS.exe

1.5, 2.2 and, upcoming 2.5 are DX11 DCS.exe

Solution

All you have to do is use nVidia Profile Inspector and make the profile look for a DX11 DCS.exe

If you want help

PM me since this will be going off topic of "1.5.8 and 2.2.0 to 2.5 transition"

Will give you the profile I use.

Happy Simming,

Monnie

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb