Sikorsky CH53

Mick0815

I want to know, whether the development department intents soon to built a flyable Sikorsky CH53, because it's a wonderful CargoHorse everywhere in the world. I'm missing this kind of helicopters (MiddleCargoHelicopter) in the complex world of DCS. I've worked with this helicopter for about 25 years now, so i have Detail knowledge of this helicopter.

Best Regards

Michael Bauknecht

Never a mention of it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

I'm afraid that from what I've seen we will not be getting a ch53 any time soon. Looking around on the wish list the helicopters that people want are the mi-24, ah-1, and the ch47. Hopefully those are in development somewhere, and maybe the ch47 will satisfy your desire for a heavyweight transport helicopter.

ASUS ROG Strix X570-E MB | Ryzen 9 5950x | ASUS Tuf RTX 4080 | 64 GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 MHz DDR4 | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB m.2 Nvme | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | Track IR 5 | Gigabyte M27Q-P 1440p 165hz |

• 6 months later...

How much does the wishlist really affect what we get to put our hands in? Did you guys all pick the Huey or F-5 over the rest of the aircraft out here? I see a lot of clamoring for Cobras and Apaches......we ended up with a Gazelle. The devs are gonna make what they will, so I disagree with "oh, I don't think we'll see one because more people want this".......

Seems to me like we get exactly what we need.

~S

Edited by Robert31178

How much does the wishlist really affect what we get to put our hands in? Did you guys all pick the Huey or F-5 over the rest of the aircraft out here? I see a lot of clamoring for Cobras and Apaches......we ended up with a Gazelle. The device are gonna make what they will, so I disagree with "oh, I don't think we'll see one because more people want this".......

Seems to me like we get exactly what we need.

~S

Probably licensing and access to aircraft, avionics, and weapons data are the constraints and then dictate what is possible. Some of it being classified, or non public domain I presume.

• Like 1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

To be honest it's more like devs announcing 'we're thinking of buildings this, what do you guys think?' and gauging the reception from there.

Like javelina1 said so much is classified, a lot more than you would normally imagine. For example there's various systems and design information that's still classified from the English Electric Lightning, a plane from the 50's! Even when everything about an aircraft is in the public domain some manufacturers don't want their stuff being made for whatever reason in a sim. Navigating all these hoops and finding a module that has demand is harder than one would imagine.

Intel i5-8600k | EVGA RTX 3070 | Windows 10 | 32GB RAM @3600 MHz | 500 GB Samsung 850 SSD