Saitek X65F/SST Software Issues

So my friend spent $300+ on this stupid thing; I hate it! Works great in FSX, as no drivers or software is needed from Saitek.

However, when he tries to fly in DCS World with A-10 Module, random buttons on both the stick and throttle, will just stop working. If he clears the profile, it as though the buttons are still being pressed. If he closes the Saitek Profiler, same thing: like the buttons are stuck on.

I have never seen this behavior before, and have been scouring the internet for days now looking for either the answer, or someone else that has this issue. When I tried to search for the Saitek Forums( using keyword FORUMS ), via the Saitek website I get :huh: :

FLIGHT SIMULATION | BLOG | DOWNLOADS | SUPPORT | STORES | CONTACT

YOU ARE HERE // Home > Search Results

SEARCH RESULTS

Error:

Your referer does not match our list of trusted hosts. Contact the webmaster for assistance.

info2:

Your referer was detected as:

http://saitek.com/index.html

The search term undefined was not found on any pages. Try making your search less specific. Plurals tend to restrict search results (i.e. search for "cat" instead of "cats").

This looks promising! :doh:

The other issue I have, is that the Driver for the x65 is a 6 series. The software is a 6 series version as well. If we install the SST Software SD6, it will not work on his computer( installs fine, but won't run ). BUT, the SD7 SST Software works.

I guees what I am getting at here is: Has ANYONE even heard of this before? Know where we can get working drivers and software? We have tried all the BETA drivers and software from New X65F Beta drivers; no joy.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

=170= Sven ☠ 2157

Windows 10 64 bit | Intel 7th Gen. i7-7700K | NZXT Kraken 41 Liquid CPU Cooler |  MSI Z270 M3 Gaming LGA 1151 | Cooler Master V1000 80+ Gold PSU | EVGA GTX 1070 | EVGA GTX 1060 (Dedicated Physx) | 32GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB PC4-19200 | 128GB Toshiba OCZ RD400 SSD NVMe M.2 (System Disk) | 2TB RAID 10 (4 x Seagate ST1000DX002 FireCuda SSHD) (Files Disk) |  64GB Intel Cache Disk (1280GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD RAID 0) | 48GB Page Disk (1280GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD RAID 0) | NZXT H440 Razer Edition Case | 1 x ViewSonic VG2439m-LED 24" [MAIN] (GTX 1070) | 2 x ViewSonic VG2436wm-LED 24" [LEFT/RIGHT] (GTX 1060)

Have you tried using it without any SST software? I have had some problems with the SST software not working at times so I have ended up not even using SST. I simply program all of the controls in game.

As far as drivers. I simply plugged in the x65 and let windows install the drivers. In the past I have used the beta drivers and didn't have any problems with them.

If you continue to have problems you may have a defective unit and I would recommend sending it back.

I ave had this problem too. for an unknown reason one of the buttons gets stuck as if i was continuously pressing it. then after a while the button stops working.

its weird though. if i go to the profile editor the button press is detected it just wont do the bind it is supposed to.

so far the only way ive found to solve it is to restart my pc and cross my fingers that doesn't happen again.

Hey guys, thanks for the replies! I was really hoping that this wasn't THIS isolated, and that there were others. Found this thread - Saitek SST Problem on Win 7 64 bit - and have completely removed Saitek anything from his computer. Unfortunately, he had to work tonight( Restaurant Server ), so we agreed to resume tomorrow morning.

I will post back in the morning/afternoon if we have any luck.

Regards,

=170= Sven ☠ 2157

Windows 10 64 bit | Intel 7th Gen. i7-7700K | NZXT Kraken 41 Liquid CPU Cooler |  MSI Z270 M3 Gaming LGA 1151 | Cooler Master V1000 80+ Gold PSU | EVGA GTX 1070 | EVGA GTX 1060 (Dedicated Physx) | 32GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB PC4-19200 | 128GB Toshiba OCZ RD400 SSD NVMe M.2 (System Disk) | 2TB RAID 10 (4 x Seagate ST1000DX002 FireCuda SSHD) (Files Disk) |  64GB Intel Cache Disk (1280GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD RAID 0) | 48GB Page Disk (1280GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD RAID 0) | NZXT H440 Razer Edition Case | 1 x ViewSonic VG2439m-LED 24" [MAIN] (GTX 1070) | 2 x ViewSonic VG2436wm-LED 24" [LEFT/RIGHT] (GTX 1060)

Alright folks, following up on this issue.

Short Answer:

Saitek packaged the wrong drivers in the installers. Created my own installer package and they seem to work fine now.

Long, Detailed Answer:

We literally spent the last couple of days trying to get this thing to work, and I have some good news! I think I have done it! Here is the how:

NOTE: Please forgive me, I was not logging any of this, as I didn't think it was going to go this far. Version numbers may be off a bit. Please also note, that this was all done by me over TeamViewer.

There are a lot of threads stating that the Saitek Smart Technology Software( for ease of this post, SST ), for the X65F, was functioning undesirably and crashing; this was especially made true if you have the Pro Flight Combat Pedals. If you visit the Saitek Support Downloads site, you can download the X65F Driver v6.8.0.49 and SST SD6 v6.8.0.52. Now my friend also has the Pro Flight Combat Pedals. These have available, Driver v7.0.3.7 and SST SD7 v7.0.10.6.

I also, never mentioned( forgot really :music_whistling: ), the fact the the SST was causing BSODs referencing SAIC0B6A.SYS, as the culprit.

Now here is where it starts to get really complicated, so bear with me here.... :huh:

If you just install the Drivers and SST for either controller, all seems to be well; though I cannot really confirm that completely. However, if you want to use both of them, it really takes a turn for the worst. When you install the drivers for the X65F it installs driver information for the following with it, but provides no functionality:

• Saitek Magic Keyboard
  • Saitek Magic Hotkey Device
  • Saitek Magic Mouse

Since there is no Human Interface Device( HID ) driver installed, it renders the use of the Ministick, to operate as a fully functional, secondary mouse, useless. That is where the SST comes into play. Now, when installing the SST, the software also installs the HID drivers for the X65F, making the Mini-stick on the throttle function as a mouse properly.

Next, we installed the Drivers for the Combat Pedals. Immediately upon doing so, the SST SD6 software will not start properly. When viewing the Task Manager Processes, you can see the ProfilerU.exe running, but have no interface to load or create profiles. There is also a second processes that is installed and constantly running: SaiMFD.exe. The functionality of this second process is not quite clear. When you end the ProfilerU.exe process, it seems to have no effect on the SaiMFD.exe. The SaiMFD.exe process also seems to have no bearing on the X65 anyway, as I suspect that it's function is for a MFD - Like the x52/x52 Pro.

So we uninstalled everything, again. :cry: :drink:

Next we tried installing in reverse order; installing the Pedal Drivers( v7 ) first, and then the Flight Stick( v6 ). No Joy! :unsure: After getting no change, we tried installing just the Drivers for the Stick( v6 ), and the Drivers( v7 ) and Software( SD7 ) for the Pedals. This was better, as the Profiler software started, but would not recognize the Flight Stick. :chair:

UGHH! What a :pain:! Which then leads to more :drink: !

Then I had a flash of the install in my mind: "What if those drivers for the Flight Stick were bad?" :detective:

So we uninstalled the X65F Drivers( v6 ), but this time we let Windows Update install drivers. :shocking: Now we were on to something, because Windows Update has drivers, from Saitek, version 7.0.0.0! Who would have thunk it!?!? Building off this, we reinstalled the drivers for the Pedals( v7 ). Next we decided to leave the SST SD6 out of the equation. So we installed the SST SD7 from the Combat Pedals download page. However, when installing the SD7, I noticed that the drivers for the...

• Saitek Magic Keyboard
  • Saitek Magic Mouse

...no longer said that. Instead it said, sorry this is not exact, something like:

• Human Interface Device for Magic Keyboard
  • Human Interface Device for Magic Mouse
  • Human Interface Device for Magic Hotkey Device

This still did not work, as the BSODs were still occurring! Which then leads to more :drink: !

After another flash in my mind, I said, "We can't use the SD6 - which provides the correct Magic Drivers, and we can't use the SD7 - which provides the correct software for both devices. :detective: We need the Magic drivers from SD6 and the software from SD7!" :shifty:

So I started another install of the SD6. This time just to see where it was unpacking the files( "C:\Windows\Temp\" ), and then stopped the install. I then did the same with the SD7; same place.

SD6 folder name: Saitek_X65F_Flight_Controller_SD6_64_Software

SD7 folder name: Cyborg_RAT_7_Gaming_Mouse_SD7_64_Software

Now, this is where I told my friend, "Hey check this out, I saw it in a cartoon once...", and pulled a typical redneck, "Hold my beer..." - How can you tell when a redneck is about to do something stupid? He says, "Hold my beer..."... You get it...

Anyway, back on track. I found inside both of these folders, the following 4 files:

• saibus.cat
  • saibus.inf
  • saibus.sys
  • saimini.sys

Final Push:

So, we uninstalled everything again. Leading to MORE :drink:!

Then we installed the Windows Drivers by Saitek( from Windows Update ) for the X65( v7.0.0.0 ) , and the Drivers from Saitek for the Combat Rudder Pedals( v7.0.3.7 ). I then copied the 4 SD6 files to the SD7 folder; overwriting the files in the SD7 folder, and ran the installer( setup.exe in the same folder, by Right clicking and choosing "Run as administrator" ). While installing, the SST SD7 this time, it installed the drivers for the Saitek Magic Devices. Further confirmation came, in Windows Device Manager. The Flight Stick and Pedals are all correctly listed in the Devices List:

1. Human Interface Devices
    • HID-compliant consumer control device: Under Properties, General Tab, Location: on Saitek Magic Hotkey Device
    • Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals( HID )
    • Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals( USB )
    • Saitek X65F Flight Controller( HID )
    • Saitek X65F Flight Controller( USB )

[*]Keyboards

• HID Keyboard Device: Under Properties, General Tab, Location: on Saitek Magic Keyboard

[*]Mice and other pointing devices

• HID-compliant mouse: Under Properties, General Tab, Location: on Saitek Magic Mouse

[*]Saitek Magic Bus

• Root Enumerator
  • Saitek Magic Keyboard
  • Saitek Magic Mouse

:drink:

Last night we were able to fly last night for 3-5 hours without 1 incident! Well... After much :drink: we were a bit :drunk: and our ability to operate an Attack Jet was severely hindered! But the Saitek X65 and Combat Pedals worked like a charm.

Over then next couple of days, we will monitor them, and I will report back either way - on the success or failure of my efforts! I have also created a ZIP file of the installer for the SST SD7 Software package for use with the X65F and Pro Flight Combat Pedals x64 ONLY. I have uploaded it to one of my websites( http://170thclan.com ).

To install:

1. Ensure that Windows has installed the driver for the X65( v7.0.0.0 ) - if not remove the drivers via the Device Manager, and run Windows Update.
  2. Download the Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals Drivers from Saitek
  3. Install the Drivers for the Combat Pedals
  4. Download an unzip the package: Saitek_SST_SD7_X65F_COMBAT_PEDALS_x64.zip( 59.1MB )
  5. Right click the setup.exe and choose "Run as administrator". While the Drivers for the Saitek Magic Bus are being installed, make sure that they say Saitek!
  6. Confirm in the Device Manager, that you have the same as posted above. You may have more, LEAVE those, as they are for other peripherals on your computer!
  7. Kill things!

Hope this helps the would be Google'er or Fellow Pilots who spent A LOT of hard earned money on such poor product support!

• Like 1

Regards,

=170= Sven ☠ 2157

• 1 month later...
Wow. When I got my x-65 I dl'd the latest drivers off of the site for win 7 x64 and was good to go.

Awesome. What version? Are you using the SST Software? Do you also have the Saitek Pro Combat Rudder Pedals? This issue seems to be ONLY with the Combat Pedals and the X65F, while using the SST software.

Regards,

=170= Sven ☠ 2157

Also since you have rudder pedals this is an awesome registry mod that turns the mini-stick into an analog device. You need to sacrifice an axis for it to work so the twist of the stick for rudder is now redundant you're good to go.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=63794&highlight=Mini

This means you can have analog control for the TGP so a little stick for slow movement and a lot of stick for fast movement.

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

I have the regular flight pedals. Here's a link to the latest drivers.

http://www.saitekforum.com/showthread.php?t=19679

Thanks, but apparently you did not read the post. He has the Combat Pedals, which have a different driver than the 'regular' pedals. I am aware of the latest drivers for both units, but they are dysfunctional. They cause issues with each other, and the Profile STOPS working, together they cause BSODs and lock ups of programmed keys and Axis. We tried the Beta drivers and nothing seemed to 'mesh' with each other. Alone each unit works fine. Together, a whole different story.

*** EDIT ***

Also since you have rudder pedals this is an awesome registry mod that turns the mini-stick into an analog device. You need to sacrifice an axis for it to work so the twist of the stick for rudder is now redundant you're good to go.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=63794&highlight=Mini

This means you can have analog control for the TGP so a little stick for slow movement and a lot of stick for fast movement.

Again, thanks. But hacking the registry is the LAST thing we want to do, while we are trying to get the functions to work normally.

Regards,

=170= Sven ☠ 2157

No worries. Strange they have different drivers for the combat pedals as they are still a 3 axis device. Other than construction do they bring any special functions to the table?

I understand the reluctance to play with the registry, but it's easily reversible and it does really bring the function of the mini stick to a new level.

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

• 4 weeks later...

whats the best settings to keep the stick under control ive tried everything but wwhen i use the stick while im able to generally fly around nicely if i need to make precise or negative g movemnets the plane gets bouncy its as though its reading the slightest input changes and wont let me make a continuous turn without some type of bounce dogfighting with guns is a pain in the ass

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

This post MUST BE A POST IT!!

Sven2157:

You did a great work!! :thumbup: You give me an answer that I was waiting for a long time ago and could not find it...REALLY!!! I shared this post to my mates in my squad.

Really thank you!!! MUCHAS GRACIAS!!!:pilotfly:

• 4 years later...