NOW AVAILABLE: Community A-4E-C Mod

Thanks for all the hard work that made this airplane possible. Great job.

Anybody else having trouble getting the engine started? And bringing the electrics up? I checked the control bindings to make sure I was using the right commands, and I was. Weird. So I can't start on the ramp, but when I start on the runway with everything already up, it's great fun to fly.

The A-4 is just one of those airplanes that I've always wanted to fly -- and I'm sure I'm not the only DCS World denizen who can say that. Thanks again, guys.

Make sure you ask the ground crew to turn on the electrical power. After that, you can then turn on the APU in front of the throttle (and I think flip the switch next to the APU - going from memory here, not at my PC), and hit the start button. After the APU/engine starts spooling up, you need to depress the throttle (left click I think), and the engine should spool up at a higher rate on its own power. Then you can turn off the APU and have the ground crew turn off the electrical power.

Probably more than you needed but wanted to be thorough :)

Have fun.

The Community A-4E-C Mod is the culmination of nearly three years of work on behalf of seven driven team members and many vital advisors. We’re proud to present the most comprehensive DCS Mod to date, boasting such capabilities as Air to Ground Radar and Carrier Operations.

Thank you, thank you !! That is awesome, excellent job. :clap: Thank you so much!

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

I finally had a chance to get some seat time. I love it. One thing I noticed is that the throttle in the cockpit doesn't move which makes it a little quirky to get started, but I can't complain. It's beautiful. And naturally, I had to go toe to toe with Maverick... (If you refuse Top Gun references, you shouldn't be simming!)

Startup is simple, all commands to ground crew must have the canopy open.

1. Call up the Ground Crew and order Ground Power On (Default: 1. \ 2. F8 3. F2 4. F1)

Ground Crew will respond "Copy... Ground Power is now On"

2. Press the Start button just aft of the throttle.

This will begin the startup cycle, you have a limited time to execute the following commands;

3. When engine RPM reaches 5% RIGHT CLICK the Throttle

4. When engine RPM reaches 15% RIGHT CLICK the Throttle again.

Failure to complete these two steps before 20% RPM will result in a failed start and the engine will cycle down, forcing you to wait to attempt the start cycle from the beginning. If this occurs mid way through startup, retard throttles to Idle and LEFT CLICK on the throttle until it is back in starting position, then go back to step 2.

5. Call up the Ground Crew and order Ground Power Off (Default: 1. \ 2. F8 3. F2 4. F2)

Ground Crew will respond "Copy... Ground Power is now Off"

You may now close your canopy and complete whatever other take off preparations you would like to, such as warming up the Radar and Nav computer.

there is something wrong with the outer left pylon. additional part of the pylon appears and disappears when shrike is loaded.

second problem is, i placed an ai a-4 and lots of sams. it got hit by many missiles but nothing happened. after a while, without no visual damage, pilot ejected

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Just for clarification... Do you need to be running an Alpha?

No, I installed mine into Beta. No issues, fly's great!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Guys, this mod needs alpha or release version of DCS ?

Мой youtube канал Группа в VK 

IBM x3200 Tower, i7 9700k, Asus Z390-P, HyperX Fury DDR4 2x16Gb 3466 Mhz, HyperX Savage 480Gb SSD, Asus RTX3070 Dual OC 8G, 32" Asus PG329Q, Creative Sound Blaster AE-5, HyperX Cloud Alpha + Pulsefire FPS Pro + Alloy FPS brown, Track IR 4 PRO + Clip Pro, Warhog HOTAS + CH Pro Pedal + есть руль Logitech G25

I'm flying in Beta, no issue

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Just make a new \Mods\aircraft folder, and then unzip the downloaded A-4E package there. Also, since DCS Open Alpha has been deprecated for some time now, make sure to do all this in either C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta or C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Saved Games\DCS folder. Or both.

as noted, just make a ..\Mods\aircraft folder and place it in there. works great. (Make sure to unzip, and place the contents of that unzipped folder into it).

its not like its a rocket science just create those two folders

Thank you !

There is no current alpha version anymore., maybe when the readme instructions were originally written, openalpha was still current. Thus, while the readme has instructions to install to “DCS.openalpha”, replace that part of the path with “DCS” or “DCS.openbeta”, depending on what you have installed..

I just want to ask that why game always crash when Im tryin to start from the carrier`s ramp. Maybe a bug?

Mod works only when I start in the air.

Thanks again guys!

He's explained that cold starts from the carrier are not permitted because the ship is moving. He suggested Hot Starts from the carrier.

Thanks, Relentov!

No, complete detail was exactly what I needed.

Since I've been learning airplanes in DCS, I have on multiple occasions run into folks trying to explain How Something Works who leave out half the essential info because "Everybody knows that!"

Well, no, everybody does not know that, which is why I'm asking in the first place. Documentation writers and instructive video creators please take note: Make being complete a top priority. Or don't bother. Incomplete info is worse than none at all.

And thanks again Relentov. You made my day. I can fly the A-4 the right way now! Yay!