Question about Afterburner Control

I've been trying to adjust throttle curves because I noticed I have to cut my throttle to 40% to 50% max before afterburner cuts out. Then as long as I don't go back to afterburner throttle control is normal for mil power.

The question: Is there supposed to be hysteresis on the throttle for afterburner control?

I appreciate the curve setting tip, but the afterburner deactivation point is what I'm really trying to understand.

Burners don't activate until I hold 100% throttle for a short while, but the cut off point is around that half-way point on my throttle. I've also just noticed that the cut off point seems to vary with altitude.

.... but the cut off point is around that half-way point on my throttle. I've also just noticed that the cut off point seems to vary with altitude.

exactly what I get too.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

• 5 months later...

I found this thread after searching, I am also interested in trying to set this up using a detent. I noticed the same enable point does not necessary mean the reverse action at the same point will cut off the afterburner?

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

They probably don't want someone sitting on the border to flicker in and out of burner with tiny fluctuations of input. Afterburners also hate igniting near their minimum setting. It's certainly reasonable for the real airplane to maintain dry thrust well into the normal augmented range before igniting. Settings near minimum augmentation may require going beyond that setting and then backing off.