TMW Throttle Cold Start not in sync

When cold starting the A10C, by moving my TMW throttle levers from OFF to IDLE, nothing happens at all. Need to move them from OFF to IDLE and back, and then, only then will it register the action.

- I tried with and without the "Synchronize controls with HOTAS at mission start" ticked. Same.

- I also tried moving the throttle levers back and forth at mission start, before initiating the startup. First time moving them out of OFF into IDLE and back, nothing. Second time, the sim A10C throttle lever does indeed move BUT, when I get to the actual engine start of the startup procedure, I need to do the same again as it won't register when moving from OFF to IDLE.

Exact same results when ticking the "Synchronize controls with HOTAS at mission start" box.

What I noticed and found interesting is this:

In the Controls Options there is:

Engine Start Left

Engine Start Right

Engine Stop Left

Engine Stop Right

These have the default key binding of RALT+Home, RCTRL+Home, RALT+End, RCTRL+End. However, next to them the TMW HOTAS Throttle binding is blacked out, cannot assign the throttle levers here (Buttons 29 and 30).

However, Buttons 29 and 30 are assigned to these:

Left Engine Throttle set off

Right Engine Throttle set off

Isn't Engine Stop Left / Right exactly the same as Left / Right Engine Throttle set off? Why are there two separate entries in the Controls Options menu? Why can't one simply bind buttons 29 and 30 at the Engine Start/Stop Left / Right section (where the Throttle is blacked out)? That way, the Left / Right Engine Throttle set off entry would be obsolete.

Nevertheless, in order to be able to start the engine with my TMW throttle, I need to move the levers out of the OFF detent into the IDLE detent multiple times until the game recognizes it. Even if I move the levers back and forth as soon as entering the mission, it won't help. I turn on the APU, but when it comes to starting engines, once again I need to move the throttle levers into IDLE and back to OFF and then and only then, moving them into IDLE again, will actually trigger engine start.

Read numerous posts and threads about this, it looks like this issue does exist from the early days of DCS.

Will this ever be fixed?

Edited by Spathiphyllum

For me, moving them from idle to off directly after mission start works great. Since on most other modules I don't do shut downs it's the best way to handle it IMO.

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

Sync is fickle.

But I can say that the set throttle to off commands are not the same as the normal ones. The "set off" commands are specific to the TMWH Throttle controller. If you unplug the controller and start the game again those options won't be present. They are special commands which do one action on the down context of the button press and a different action on the up context.

Yup. What Frederf said. Most of the time the throttle position syncs just fine for me, but occasionally it doesn't. I just pull the throttles back through the idle detent, and advance them again, and I'm back in business. Just a minor annoyance.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly: