Cold Start, Off-Idle Problem with CH Pro Throttle

jens198

Hi,

• DCS World 2.0 lastest Update installed
  • Win 7 on an iMac (Bootcamp)
  • CH Pro Throttle and Fighterstick
  • A-10C Module (along a log of other modules) installed
  • No conflicting axis setups

When I start a mission in the air the throttle works without any problems. But when I do a cold and dark startup, I can"t get the throttle out of the off into the idle position. Pressing RALT and HOME doesn't help either.

I already saw two other threads on this board, but those guys had the problem with the Thrustmaster Warthog.

Anyone any ideas?

Jens

• 2 years later...
Hi,

• DCS World 2.0 lastest Update installed
  • Win 7 on an iMac (Bootcamp)

Just to make sure that we are speaking of the same, although it should be obvious but are you speaking of 2.2.0.12843?

I´ve tried it just a sec ago and it worked well without any issues, I tried the key combinations as well as the HOTAS Warthog, both without any problems.

Have you checked whether the keycommands are assigned properly?

Do you have some other devices connected which are not already mentioned?

I am no expert...so this is just a question, but iMac and Win7 can not cause this issue, right?

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

• ED Team

in misc option

tick or untick synchronise hotas it should help

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 3 months later...

I had the same problem and for me it was just that I had to make sure I was holding the throttle firmly all the way back while pressing RALT Home. The sim was registering any microscopic forward position of the throttle as not being in idle cutoff and therefore wouldn't allow engine start.

Your throttle axis must be in the range of 0-9% output to enable any transition from off to working range or working range to off. That's a pretty lenient band of axis positions.

There are several commands in options which are not correct:

Throttle Right Up

Throttle Right Down

Throttle Step Right Up

Throttle Step Right Down

These are only to change handle position when already in the working range (IDLE-MAX). The commands above are not able to move either into or out of the STOP position. For that you want:

Engine Start Right

Engine Stop Right

I suggest starting a mission "Parking Hot" so the engine is already on. Then use the Enging Stop Right (or left) to shift the handle from the 0-9% position (after verifying it's correct movement with your controller). The handle should shift from the working range to stop. The Engine Start Right command should shift back from the STOP position to the working range provided your axis is still in the 0-9% range.

Control sync is not involved.