X52 pro slider 'jumpy'

I use it for zoom, and the slider is extremely jumpy. I added a little 'curvature' to the axis, but is still jumps an annoying amount. how do the rest of you solve this problem? (or is my stick just old and worn out?)

CPU i7-6700K 4,3Ghz, RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666M 2x16GB, GPU Gigabyte Gaming G1 GTX 1080, Monitor Benq 24" 1920x1080 @ 144Hz, MB ASUS Z170-A, OS Win 10 Pro (Creators ED), HOTAS X52 Pro, VR Oculus Rift Cv1

not age

I use it for zoom, and the slider is extremely jumpy. I added a little 'curvature' to the axis, but is still jumps an annoying amount. how do the rest of you solve this problem? (or is my stick just old and worn out?)

It is not age...mine is brand new and I saw the same problem the first time the driver loaded and I was in the control panel test page. I have heard it mentioned by others too.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

its not because your stick is old, i have the same problem with my x52pro and its fairly new, i do not know how to fix it i stopped using it

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700k processor overclocked to 5.0, Asus ROG Z370-E , 32 GB G Skill Ripjaw DDR4 2400 ram, Nvidia Geforce 1080 TI , Virpil Constellation Alpha/ Virpil 50 CM2 Base/MFG Crosswinds rudders/TIR 5, Windows 10 64 bit

I'm not technical, but I think its a voltage problem or something related to the power running through the device. For example; when you press the clutch button and the LEDs flash, it really causes this jumpy slider axis to worsen by quite a bit. You could try turning off all LEDs to see if that helps. I personally gave up trying to use the slider for zoom.

You could also set the slider up in a 3 "band" configuration (using the profile software rather than assigning it as an axis in game); where first section is Zoom out, Centred is no command and the last section is Zoom in.

Pretty pathetic of Saitek to not have fixed this problem with the Pro release.

Edited by BTTW-DratsaB

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

As others have said, your stick is not worn out; mine is brand new and does this too. I ended up setting up bands with the top end as zoom in, and lower as zoom out (large band in the middle with no command and a separate button as reset zoom).

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

• 6 years later...

I have the same problem with my TM Warthog. If the Slider is in betwen full forward the middle or full aft the zoom jumps randomly back and furth. It has to be DCS because the slider is rock solid in TARGET Device Analyzer.

PC: i7 6700K - GTX980ti - ASUS Z170P D3 - 32GB DDR3 - Samsung 850Evo - 5TB HDD

Displays: BenQ RL2455HM - Acer Pred. XB241H - BenQ RL2455HM

Controller: Modded TM WH grip on VKB Glad.2PRO, TM WH Trottle, TM MFD`s,

Saitek Rudder, 3xArduino Mega+Leonardo for AV8B panels, TIR5,

I think it's related the quality of the slider. "Jumpy" attitude is always there, in X55's or 65's rotaries etc...

Anyway; When I had X52Pro, I used this config for slider against the jumpy issue. It worked.

* I saved this SS many times ago. Credits to its owner. :)

X55sliderzoom.jpg.7f48ac202873664a442a18a956092ccf.jpg

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

I had exactly the same problem with an X52 pro I used to own so you're not the only one out there. Saitek stuff is just complete garbage. Even the throttle axis itself was jumpy. I threw it away and bought a warthog and the problem was solved.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...

Another topic about zoom + track ir + A10c , I had exactly the same problem with an X52 pro.

I do not know why the developers of the A10-C have blocked the scroll mouse to zoom, funny that the scroll mouse + the track ir in the cabin of the Sukhoi Su-25T the zoom works in the normal standard.(zoom in scroll mouse)

-I think that since to click on the panel we have to touch the mouse, it would be normal to zoom in the scroll

System:

Asus TUF Z390-Pro Gaming/ Intel i5-9600k@ Coffeelake 9a Gen/ Water Cooler Corsair Hydro H45/ Corsair Vengeance Lpx 32Gb 3200Mhz/ EVGA GeForce RX 2070 Super 8Gb Gddr6 256Bits/ 1 SSd M2 3gen 1Tb Xpg/ Headset Corsair + SoundCloud BlasterX Pro Gaming AE-5 / Corsair HX1000i W Plus Platinum/ Case Corsair Gamer Series Obsidiam 500D/ LG 32" 4k Monitor Dp/ Track Ir5 w/Clip Pro/ Saitek Hino X56