Resetting your Controllers

TROUBLESHOOTING - how to reset your controllers back to DCS defaults.

You can reset your controllers by removing all other files than the Default-settings.

Win 7 / Vista:

You will find your controller files under:

- C:\Users\<you>\Saved Games\DCS Warthog\Config\Input

Joysticks

.\Config\Input\Aircrafts\A-10C\joystick\

Delete the files, they should be names such as:

Joystick - HOTAS Warthog {207A3CB0-E368-11df-8001-444553540000}.lua
Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals {F20F8B40-8379-11de-8006-444553540000}.lua
Throttle - HOTAS Warthog {207A3CB0-E368-11df-8002-444553540000}.lua

Easy mode:

You may have to repeat the required steps for "A-10C_easy" if you fly that mode.

Other input devices

If you need to reset Keyboard, Mouse, TrackIR:

.\Config\Input\Aircrafts\A-10C\trackir

.\Config\Input\Aircrafts\A-10C\keyboard

.\Config\Input\Aircrafts\A-10C\mouse

.\Config\Input\Aircrafts\A-10C\headtracker

Edited by Panzertard
Updated for Relased version

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Why would you delete the custom controller files

this is the exact setup I have except I have a track IR 5 and cougar mfds

Im confused why you would delete those custom controller files?

Why would you delete the custom controller files

this is the exact setup I have except I have a track IR 5 and cougar mfds

Im confused why you would delete those custom controller files?

When you have controller issues and need to get back to DCS defaults - thats the procedure.

If no issues with the input/controllers, ignore the post.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

• 3 weeks later...

Or when you switch from a X52pro (or whatever type of stick) to a TM Warthog (or whatever type of stick)!

*happyashellaboutmyawsomenewtoy*

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

Doesn't work for me, I tried several times...with no success. Even if I change assignments (and they remain assigned in options) it keeps default when I launch a mission....

Any suggestion?

I keep this file:

default.lua

joystick - hotas warthog.lua

saitek x52 pro flight controller.lua

saitek x52 pro flight control system.lua

throttle - hotas warthog.lua

CH PRO PEDALS USB.lua

F16 MFD 1.lua

F16 MFD 2.lua

and delete others also in Easy Mode.

I have Win7 64bit and I didn't find this folder:

C:\Users\<youruser>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Pro gram Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C Beta

Bye

Edited by Bad Boy
missing info

FCS_Bad Boy

Fighter Combat Sims

Fondatore

http://www.fightercombatsim.net

-------

C'e' chi rosica...e tanto, anche se pensa di aver avuto successo!! E rosicherebbe ancora di piu' se sapesse la verita'. Ma e' piu' divertente cosi'! :lol:

E ultimamente la gente che rosica aumenta, l'invidia e' un brutta bestia!:pilotfly:

• 5 weeks later...

Some thing messed up with my controller files today, I'm not exactly sure howas I didn't actually change anything????? Using the any of the sliders on my Hog caused the plane to pitch and roll.

I followed the procedure and things are back to normal!

Cheers and thanks

• 1 month later...
Doesn't work for me, I tried several times...with no success. Even if I change assignments (and they remain assigned in options) it keeps default when I launch a mission....

Any suggestion?

I keep this file:

default.lua

joystick - hotas warthog.lua

saitek x52 pro flight controller.lua

saitek x52 pro flight control system.lua

throttle - hotas warthog.lua

CH PRO PEDALS USB.lua

F16 MFD 1.lua

F16 MFD 2.lua

and delete others also in Easy Mode.

I have Win7 64bit and I didn't find this folder:

C:\Users\<youruser>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Pro gram Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C Beta

Bye

Same as you.

Even when I uninstall the game, deleting the folder where it was, reinstalling the game, all my previous settings are always here (controllers, game settings...):huh:

I have big issues with configuring keyboard shortcuts to UFC, all the Action keys doesn't map the game ( the 0 trigger the 9, the 1 does nothing, the 2 trigger the 1...).

Final 1.1.0

EDIT : Solution found on this post : http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1116402&postcount=4

After deleting the keyboard file, all is working fine now.

Edited by yeepee
solution found

Hardware :

CPU : i7-4470K @ 4.0GHz

MB : MSI Z87-GD65

RAM : 16Go

GPU : nVidia 1080 Ti

twitter : yeepeekai

• 2 months later...

Mmmm.

My OS is spanish windows7 x64.

There isn´t any files into config folder but network.cfg and options.lua

I have a warthog hotas but i can´t find any folder of settings file... and i believe i have an error in the settings because i had a cyborg evo and several buttons of the new hotas are not working.

Anybody can help me?

I just recieved an X54, rudders, and have trackir5/mfcds coming on monday. I am just going to do a clean install cause I have lua files all over my damn computer lol. Thanks for the point to the right direction Jack, I really appreciate it (so does my blood pressure)!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_______Spreading peace. One JDAM at a time. :beer:_______

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

hey everybody ;)

since my installing the wh 1.1.1.0 my saitek x65f dosent have an splitted thrust slider...

i delete already the settings in c:\...\...\dcs wh.... and try to set the axis in the wh controller settings but it dosent work...

i only have one slider for the thrust...

than i take a look into the saitek x65f controller options and im wondering because

i dont see that i have an splitted thrust slider :O

i dont touch my drivers from the x65 but it works fine before installing 1.1.1.0

someone an idea how i can get back my splitted thrust control ???#

thanx 4 answering

Greetings

31st Fox Fighters Yellow

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

My System:

acer aspire 7745tg i5 430M / 4 GB Ram / Ati HD Grafik

23"@1920x1080 (cam) + 18,4"@1600 x 900 (Lmfcd+Rmfcd)

TIR4 / Saitek x65f

• 1 month later...

Lost axis options in setup?

Hi I recently upgraded to 1111. Whilst trying to reconfigure my controls the axis options have disappeared off the list. So, to try and explain better..

Options -> Controls -> Simulation-> axis commands...

I have lost the roll, pitch, throttle, yaw options from the list, so I cannot reassign my controller.

Strangely they are still there if I look in the free camera and game mode options.

Is there a way I can get them back without having to completely wipe my profile and reassign everything else as well?

Hope someone can help! Cheers

Technical Specs: Asus G73JW gaming laptop... i7-740QM 1.73GHz ... GTX460m 1.5GB ... 8GB DDR5 RAM ... Win7 64 ... TIR5 ... Thrustmaster T16000m

Is there a way I can get them back without having to completely wipe my profile and reassign everything else as well?

Hope someone can help! Cheers

I am afraid that you are going to lose the rest of the config for that controller unless you want to spend some time cut and pasting lua files.

In theory you could cut and paste the lines from another joystick lua file but that may create other issues.

The surest and easiest way is to delete

C:\Users\steve\Saved Games\DCS Warthog\Config\Input

The files will get recreated when the sim restarts.

You will lose all your controller settings though.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The main reason I would not recommend the 'cut-and-paste' method in this case is because it is likely that what you have observed is not the only problem. Fixing just what you see could still leave other issues.

It is possible to custom build (done it twice now), or rebuild, a lua file from existing ones but it is a PITA and has significant potential for problems if you are not carefull.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hi Cichlid,

Any kind of back stage editing is way out of my comfort zone, I wouldnt have a clue where to start! I will do what you suggested and rebuild the config from scratch, to be fair its a long time since Ive had to do it so I cant complain. I like to keep everything "stock" as I always think Im going to break something if I go a meddling!.

Technical Specs: Asus G73JW gaming laptop... i7-740QM 1.73GHz ... GTX460m 1.5GB ... 8GB DDR5 RAM ... Win7 64 ... TIR5 ... Thrustmaster T16000m

I like to keep everything "stock" as I always think Im going to break something if I go a meddling!.

Just remember, anything you break can be fixed with a reinstall. Trust me, I have broken many things by meddling but I still haven't done anything that could not be fixed eventually!:D

• 7 years later...