DCS GRAPHICS PERFORMANCE OPTIMIZATION SETTINGS GUIDE - POINT BLANK - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-20-2020, 07:09 PM   #11
Taz1004

Quote:
Originally Posted by cronustr75 View Post
First version was a longer 34 minutes one explaining every single setting. Nobody watched, everyone explained how long it is. So, 99% of the people are requesting the result not the explanation.

Please subscribe to my channel for upcoming videos, I'm very happy you watched and gave your feedback. Thank you!
Yes, when people mouse over a video and shows it's 34 minutes, most might not even click it.
But what I'm saying is that for what you are showing in that video, even 13 minutes is too long. People want videos that gets to the point. So maybe just post a screenshot of what your setting is. People can pause to see them. They don't have to actually see you clicking each settings.

And then say if they want more detailed explanation, watch the 34 minute video. And post the link. And in that 34 min video, post jump to each section at the description.
Taz1004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 07:48 PM   #12
cronustr75

You can not please everyone, whatever you do. Many people thanked me about the video. It'll be better in time.
cronustr75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 01:37 AM   #13
VirusAM

Send a message via MSN to VirusAM
Default DCS GRAPHICS PERFORMANCE OPTIMIZATION SETTINGS GUIDE - POINT BLANK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGNEWY View Post
gpu scheduling gave me stutters with vive cosmos so be aware it does not work for everyone

Probably the issue there is that gpu scheduling has negative effects on motion smoothing.
Basically when the PC cannot handle 90fps there is an huge delay before the motion smoothing kicks in. That does not happen
without gpu scheduling.
With the oculus software which has the equivalent ASW also this doesn’t happen.

Anyway this can be mitigated forcing the motion smoothing always on for dcs or raising the vr pre-rendered frames number. Of course if you disable gpu scheduling the issue also disappears.

Probably future nvidia drivers will solve those issues
Joystick grips: Winwing F18, TM F-16
Throttles: Winwing Super Taurus
Hardware: MFG Crosswind Rudder, 4 Thrustmaster Cougar MFD, Logitech G13
VR: Oculus Rift S
VirusAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 08:31 AM   #14
cronustr75

When you stress your hw over its limits, all the features driven by sw drivers may result a big mess. Now I'm working on AMD RX 5700XT to prepare a video for AMD and I see thats to a point it works quiet good but after that everything is troubled.

Thats why Nvidia limited the feature for some series of cards but it needs optimization and maybe, it will always like this.

Game engine creates the stress on hw and it is very important. On some games, this feature works like a charm. Here it works for poerful hw quiet good but not for medium to light weight hw.
Old 07-21-2020, 05:20 PM   #15
Taz1004

It is also related to preference. Some like motion smoothing or ASW. Some do not. And as VirusAM said, GPU scheduling may be related to motion smoothing so people who have motion smoothing off might not notice the issue with GPU scheduling.

This is why there's no one "recommended" setting. It all depends on the hardware, apps and mods you're running, and above all else, preference. Everyone needs to find their own.
Taz1004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 07:34 PM   #16
cronustr75

for AMD GPU's;

https://youtu.be/a_-5isOqPx8