Mk-82 (Not Snake eyes) in CCIP mode?

Danneskjold

Is there any way to use the regular bombs in CCIP mode? I can use them in CCRP, but I've found that to be a cumbersome way to release explosives. The drop bar always seems to come up so fast, and I can never get it to be reasonably accurate.

-Dan

CCRP acronym means "Constantly Computed Release Point"

CCIP acronym means "Constantly Computed Impact Point"

Computer is in both cases computing in real time the position where bombs would drop if released at that moment. The difference is that in CCRP mode computer is responsible to release the bombs when targeting parameters are met, meaning the bombs will drop as close as possible the targeted point, as long pilot is authorizing the bomb drop by holding the release button.

In CCIP mode computer calculates the impact point and shows it in the HUD, but it is pilot task to release the bombs by pressing the release button when wanted.

CCIP requires pilot to have a attitude for good bomb trajectory and as well a reflexes to release bombs when crosshair is on target.

With CCRP you can fly over in angle or straight and level or toss them, as long you have straight flight trajetory at release point and couple seconds before.

The CCIP is really required when you are coming toward a AA or quickly behind some cover so you just jank your aircraft so you get crosshair on target and drop bombs and get away.

The CCRP is really required when you can't fly close to the target but need to use either altitude, visibility or distance as your advantage.

I didn't know that Mirage 2000 can't use a CCIP as it just means you are not so good to engage moving targets and quick situations.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

You're not supposed to need ninja reflexes. After designating you should hold the weapon release trigger and the bomb comes off automatically later at the right time.

With M2000 you can't hold weap realease. You have to wait for visual cue and press it at right time.

The drop bar always seems to come up so fast, and I can never get it to be reasonably accurate.

-Dan

...and unless its been fixed aiming cross doesn't get placed where you designate making it impossible to drop accurately.

Edited by cthulhu68

With M2000 you can't hold weap realease. You have to wait for visual cue and press it at right time.

...and unless its been fixed aiming cross doesn't get placed where you designate making it impossible to drop accurately.

That bug only shows itself in INS bombing mode, in standard CCRP it work as intended.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

That might be how the DCS module works but I think the real airplane is hold for consent.

I don't know when you played the last time but apart from INS Bombing as myHelljumper said CCRP is working as intended. Mark the spot, fly towards it, press and hold pickle and the toys are released when it's time. Tested 5 minutes ago :music_whistling:

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]