Loading gets to 57% and hangs

elite1

Hi, have been playing all afternoon on the beta 2.5 installed, came out of it and on starting the game again gets to 57% and hangs. Nothing has been changed. I have reinstalled on another hard drive but the same thing happens again.If I delete both versions and do a fresh reinstall, how do I decommission the modules that I have installed with out losing one of the keys?

• ED Team

Hi if you do a fresh install of dcs you do not need to deactivate.

you only need to deactivate if you change hardware or OS.

Please attach your dcs.log a guide can be found in my signature.

you could also try a cleanup and repair

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Before loosing time on reinstalling anything, always do the "3-steps" method of troubleshooting DCS:

a) repair command;

b) cleanup command;

c) temporarily renaming/removing "Saved Games\DCS" folder on system drive and letting the game rebuild the new one.

In 99% of case that's enough to fix the game in a couple of minutes. If your reinstall on another drive didn't help, I'd hazard a guess the problem lies somewhere in the Saved Games location (as this one isn't affected by repairs or reinstalls).

As for your original question, you can deactivate them by unticking boxes in the module manager in the main game menu, but you don't have to - your keys are stored already in Windows registry, so unless you want to reinstall the whole system, no need to deactivate.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

The modules Starforce Protection (if applicable) is tied to your hardware, are you changing hardware i.e. CPU, Motherboard, Memory configuration, etc. - if not, there should be no need to deactivate.

If you change GFX settings (ie Deferred Shading ON/OFF), DCS 2.5 rebuilds it's metashader cache, it'll also do the same if you change seasons or maps. While doing this, loading progress can appear to freeze but if you check task manager for CPU and HD activity, you'll see DCS is still busy.

Before doing a re-install, it might be worth while moving or renaming your "Save Games/ DCS.Openbeta" folder and letting DCS create a new one.

DCS_Updater.exe can also repair or clean an existing install of corrupt or modded files, if you think that is your issue.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• ED Team

:) We are getting somewhere now

2018-02-14 19:39:20.116 ALERT Dispatcher: Error starting Game GUI: [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_aircraft.lua"]:183: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

2018-02-14 19:39:20.116 INFO EDCORE: (dDispatcher)enterToState_:2

Find your me_aircraft.lua and delete it manually, then run a repair

it should help

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
Same here: out of nowhere the game stopped loading at 57%.

I solved by renaming the DCS saved games-folder and let it rebuild a new folder.

I then copied my joystick config from the old folder over to the new.

yes good advice :thumbup:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=202214

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

New user here. Just a heads up for ED.

Last night I played DCS for a couple hours which consisted mostly of playing around with Mission Editor and everything was fine. Now this morning I tried to launch the game again and it gets stuck at 57% just like the original poster.

Rebooted didn't help.

EDIT: I have the same problem as OP according to my dcs.log:

2018-02-25 13:31:45.479 ALERT Dispatcher: Error starting Game GUI: [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_aircraft.lua"]:183: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

2018-02-25 13:31:45.479 INFO EDCORE: (dDispatcher)enterToState_:2

EDIT2: Deleting me_aircraft.lua and running the Cleanup & Repair routine didn't fix the problem. I'm getting same error again.

Edited by Boydosaurus