Israeli f-16 shot down

ebabil

Everyone involved has their own account of the event and it will morph many times to suit their needs. Can't trust witness accounts, definitely not the Gov or MSM neither pictures of pieces and parts. Regardless of what really happened "never let a crisis go to waste" is in full effect.
There's some opensource information on the cloud, and the general point is that things are getting hairy. Let's actively refrain of not posting here anything political and unilateral.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

104th Cobra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Does this surprise you? During both Gulf Wars, SAM's were being launched in huge numbers, with very little Ground to Air Kills

Which I thought were due to the massive number of HARMS launched in return, forcing Iraqis to shut off their radars before any airborne SAMs could even reach their intended targets.

Most of my surprise comes from the high pk that SAMs in combat sims (including DCS) have. They seem over-modeled, but that's a different topic for a different day.

yes ebabil please change your post to "pilots", they were 2 not 1. Also (drone shot down):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3CsZH2W1gI

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Pointless video, as the 2nd part is from a video game, and isn't real, which means the credibility of the whole video is called into question.

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

video game? U kidding?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

video game? U kidding?

The second part does look like a game, the way the vehicles stop and go and the explosions look gamey.

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

i5-4430 at 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 FE, Windows 7 x64

Hmm...

the stuff between 00:33 and 00:45 looks fake (to me...) - a blocky vehicle where only the vehicle keeps disappearing into pixels as soon as we get close enough to get a look at it.

Also

From 00:45 looks pretty real, my only major concern being that at 1:16 a vehicle at the top left of frame starts up and slowly drives into the back of a truck, reverses then suddenly flips onto its back and rolls around on its back in classic video game glitch fashion - just slightly before incoming rounds cause an explosion.

While that car is rolling around on its back, at 1:20 a figure suddenly appears on the road by a truck at the left of the fire, walks slowly left away from the fire, and just before the car flips runs rapidly back into the fire, then mysteriously reappears dead on the road at 1:28

Cheers.

The article linked in Post 7 said between one and two dozen missiles were launched.

Seems I was onto something when I said I might miss something cause I was a bit drunk,

(...)

- but also - initially I was asking where that quote came from and was told the link, but couldn't find the quote in the link.

Cheers.

Most of my surprise comes from the high pk that SAMs in combat sims (including DCS) have. They seem over-modeled, but that's a different topic for a different day.

Indeed. This has various reasons:

- Immediate reaction times: The SAM-AI in DCS always reacty immediately to detected threats unlike real life where humans don't always stand ready with their hands on the switches.

- No supression: The AI in DCS has no fear or other reasons to keep their radar turned off if there are threats overhead, unlike in real life were SAM operators had to limit their radar emissions as much as possible.

- SAM types: One of the most important SAM assets of these conflicts is still missing in DCS, the SA-2. It's an old and inaccurate SAM system, but one that has been encountered many times in conflict. At least it's in development now and ED already presented screenshots of it.

There are some more reasons why SAMs in DCS are more capable than IRL, but I think the point is clear.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

video game? U kidding?

Yup from 0:45 to 2:26 is from theAC-130 spectre video game on the ipad! hahahaha!

And the first part of the video does not look to represent any UAV in the Iranian arsenal. if part of the video is fake, then the entire video can be called into question.