Sling cargo hook & unhook

escaner

It has been some time since I used sling cargo and I see that at some point the mechanics changed. I remember that we had a hook/unhook key that would do both actions. Now, this action only hooks. Besides that I can only find an emergency unhook and a autounhook actions.

My questions:

1. Is there a "normal" unhook that I cannot find? Or should I be using the emergency one?

2. Is is possible to deactivate the "autounhook" feature? It is not a toggle, each time I hit it a message appears saying that it is activated.

Thanks a lot!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello mate,

1. I only use Autounhook but it seems that there is not a "normal" unhook besides "emergency". See attached screenshot.

2. For me, Autounhook IS a toogle.

Sling.thumb.jpg.be7600134e331d40d061533daca99240.jpg

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

I did not do a full test but when you activate several times autounhook function, the message is always "Autounhook activation". So it seems that it is not Toggle.

autounhook.jpg.6180355d9b8688105c0fa8daedc528fd.jpg

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

The screenshot I showed is on ground without cargo. I don't have a test mission at hand but as I recall if you hook a cargo, take off then press several time autounhook, it will activate - deactivate - activate...

- Tony -

For me i bought Argo Campain and it doesn't want to hook at all in mission 3.

Is there a trick ????

I passed near two hours and nothing to do.

I see the hook falling on cargo but it doesn't hook.

Steff.

Edited by steffj

Is there a trick ????

Steff.

Cargo was broken in 1.5.7. I expected this to be fixed along with gunners not shooting according to last 1.5.7 patch, but otherwise downgrade to 1.5.6.

Also make sure that you are selecting the cargo through the Intercom menu.

See:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=190988

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cargo does now hook in 1.5.7.8899.335 and it does not crash the server if you destroy a cargo now ...... but

They gave us 4 news bugs that were not in 1.5.6 when using cargo

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=192617

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=192859

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=192618

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=192615

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

The screenshot I showed is on ground without cargo. I don't have a test mission at hand but as I recall if you hook a cargo, take off then press several time autounhook, it will activate - deactivate - activate...

It is the same with cargo and flying, it only activates.

Is there a trick ????

I have just tried it and it is still bugged in current version. So back to 1.5.6 again. :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I really wish we could get some response about these Sling Cargo problems ...

Since the first problem with sling I reverted to 1.5.6 and I hope all sling problems will be fixed in 1.5.7

- Tony -

It is the same with cargo and flying, it only activates.

Sorry mate, I messed up between the Huey and the Mi-8.

First, it looks like the Mi-8 has more sling functions than the Huey, especially the Autounhook toggle, which the Huey apparently does not have.

Second, the Autounhook ON/OFF toggle works on the Mi-8. I'm on 1.5.6 and I've just tried. See screenshots.

screen1.jpg.f466a9c4ac6ad84a8051dd9e6ae34d26.jpg

screen2.jpg.a89d69cd681d2b448d298874f4700682.jpg

- Tony -

Since the first problem with sling I reverted to 1.5.6 and I hope all sling problems will be fixed in 1.5.7

So do I ... but I have yet to have any response from anyone on the 4 bugs that I know of and reported

Cool !

It works !!!

We only have to takeoff and landing just on another landing pad a bit farther to make it works and doing communications...

F10, F1

F6, F1

and the smoke will appear beside cargo then taking it with chopper.

Edited by steffj

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a trick ????

Steff.

I had the same trouble. I solved it by mapping External Cargo Hook command to a HOTAS. Now takeoff, open your cargo indicator not camera and hover above it like wasp on didley. Now press the Hotas, and stay hovered, it should give a message that cargo is hooked after few seconds... Video inbound.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Yesss !

I did same as you and it works very well.

thanks !

Steff

As promised

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.