Remove NUM5 as recenter view

metzger

I have just added a numberpad to a bracket on my left arm rest to use whilst flying in the rift. I have all those keys at my fingertips. However I want to assign options in the UI layer like having number 4 as right mouse button or assign a zoom key etc. Anyway round the fact that you can presently only assign joystick buttons ?

It appears DCS doesn't allow assigning the VR or mouse functions to keyboard characters. My workaround is using an ancient Belkin Nostromo N52 keypad on my left like you are attempting. I have programmed keys for VR functions, mouse functions, general functions (i.e. quit, pause, active pause, frame rate display, control input indicator and cockpit camera position). I setup a N52 profile that maps the keys to DirectInputs (DI's), which the DCS recognizes as joystick buttons and will accept for the VR and mouse commands. I doubled the numbers of commands on the keypad from 24 to 48 by using one of the joystick buttons on the stick as a modifier.

I am happy with the way it works.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals

• 1 year later...
Up.

Come on ED, respond to this, we need NUM5 for the Hornet more then ever now....

This has been an option long before the hornet released. Go to the UI settings for VR in the controllers section, and reassign the KP5 to what ever you want it to be. For example I reassign mine to Warthog Paddle + CMS Z.

Edited by =Panther=

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

This has been an option long before the hornet released. Go to the UI settings for VR in the controllers section, and reassign the KP5 to what ever you want it to be. For example I reassign mine to Warthog Paddle + CMS Z.

I know very well that I can assign it to anything we want, but this does not unmap the num5. I need to unmap num5 from recenter view to use it for the UFC numbers, but it is not possible even if removed from the controls setup it still re-centers the screen. It was already discussed in the thread.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I know very well that I can assign it to anything we want, but this does not unmap the num5. I need to unmap num5 from recenter view to use it for the UFC numbers, but it is not possible even if removed from the controls setup it still re-centers the screen. It was already discussed in the thread.

I works just fine here and as has been said, it is implemented for a long time now. I use Num5 for my UFCs all the time in VR without it re-centering my view.

If it does not work the error is on your end.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Strange has been corrected long ago and wasnt doing it any longer. Using Oculus now so cant test but it was corrected 100% sure.

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

Strange has been corrected long ago and wasnt doing it any longer. Using Oculus now so cant test but it was corrected 100% sure.

I also use oculus, and num5 re-centers the screen even tho it is not mapped in the UI cintrols. Checked also in the default.lua in config/input/keyboard folder and there is nothing for re-center view line. I don't think this was ever corrected.

Both open beta and "stable"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well that's funny because I have un-mapped the NUM5 from the controls and mapped to something else as mentioned. I also use the keypad for UFC, and fly with a VR headset. I have had this configuration for nearly a year now. When I press the NUM5 my view doesn't recenter, my UFC 5 presses both in BETA and STABLE. Maybe a reinstall is in order.

610881505_UILayer.thumb.jpg.7020c299008bd6fdd42ed2b5c3d3f792.jpg

Edited by =Panther=

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Well that's funny because I have un-mapped the NUM5 from the controls and mapped to something else as mentioned. I also use the keypad for UFC, and fly with a VR headset. I have had this configuration for nearly a year now. When I press the NUM5 my view doesn't recenter, my UFC 5 presses both in BETA and STABLE. Maybe a reinstall is in order.

This is weird, my open beta is relatively fresh installation, since 2.5 release. Will give it a few more shots, map/unmap to see if it can make any difference.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is weird, my open beta is relatively fresh installation, since 2.5 release. Will give it a few more shots, map/unmap to see if it can make any difference.

I would start with your saved games folder, that is where the keybind stuff is, not the game installation folder.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would start with your saved games folder, that is where the keybind stuff is, not the game installation folder.

Yes, thanks. I will test today to wipe out some stuff from there and see what happens. Should be something on my side if it works for you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Using numpad for UFC in A10C and FA18. Also for input in Viggen and Mirage, no longer centering the view in VR.

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

• 2 years later...

Solved....

Old thread, but i still found it searching for  solution to this issue. There seems to be a lot of "it doesn't work for me" and "well you are wrong because it does work for me" type comments on here so I thought I would add a definitive answer now I seem to have fixed it. 

Basically Num 5 defaults to VR Centre View even if Num 5 is bound to something else. BUT, if you bind another key to VR Centre View and not leave it blank then Num 5 is ok for other things. 

Hope this helps someone.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

I'd have a lot less to be annoyed about if they'd just documented it somewhere that users will see.  I spent a couple of hours of my time trying to chase down a non-existent binding, thinking I'd made a mistake.

• 4 months later...

I guess we should add a counter for wasted life hours xD
Just to give some ED developers a number for considerations about design decision consequences.
In example of how many hours of frustration they caused.

• Like 1