[NO BUG] Chaff Flares no longer working.

ThePanic

Hello!

I'm still having problems using Chaff/Flares dispenser.. It works randomly!

I made several tests using mission editor, making a 21 with ASO-2 dispensers equipped in "fly over point" status and starting mission. When in cockpit, switch ON the SPRD system, open the DROP cover and push the DROP button. After testing, I quit the mission and hit the "fly again" button. I'm having an average of 3/10 system working and 7/10 system NOT working.

Please check it, since this thread has marked as NO BUG..

Thanks in advance and good luck with your beautiful VIGGEN:thumbup:

• 1 month later...

I can confirm too.

I had the impression it has something to do with how much G's I pulled but it happens also in straight flight. Randomly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ver.1.5.7.10872 again , flares not working or working randomly ! How much time do developers need to repair such small but idiotic bug ?!!!

Edited by KAKTYC_11

Куплю модули : СУ-7 , СУ-9 , СУ-11,Миг-23,Миг-27 ,Ту-22М3,Ту-95,Ми-24,AH-64,F-16 ,F-4 Phantom,модуль-карту современной западной Европы

I-7 4790k (4.4GHz), GTX980 4GB , Z97, 16Gb DDR3

I guess there's still no workaround for it yet?

For many months long ...

Куплю модули : СУ-7 , СУ-9 , СУ-11,Миг-23,Миг-27 ,Ту-22М3,Ту-95,Ми-24,AH-64,F-16 ,F-4 Phantom,модуль-карту современной западной Европы

• 3 weeks later...

till last night, everything worked. From this morning, if you start from scratch, they do not work. While you are already flying, the flares are released.

[sIGPIC]2RGT DCS WORLD ITALIA[/sIGPIC]

DIAVOLO 1-1 | 2RGT OBERST

2RGT DCS Gruppo Volo Italiano

Canale Youtube: 2RGT OBERST

Facebook: DCS World Italia - 2RGT -

Canale Twitch: 2RGT OBERST

LIVE!

try, just once in the air, to activate the chaff and flares ... I did the tests and activate them in flight, they work (in flight, switches on ON)

Edited by 2RGT Oberst

[sIGPIC]2RGT DCS WORLD ITALIA[/sIGPIC]

DIAVOLO 1-1 | 2RGT OBERST

2RGT DCS Gruppo Volo Italiano

Canale Youtube: 2RGT OBERST

Facebook: DCS World Italia - 2RGT -

Canale Twitch: 2RGT OBERST

LIVE!

• 2 weeks later...

bump. Multiplayer flares and chaff don't work more than they work.

I notice the first time i load them it says 32/32 loadout but he second time i land and rearm it says 40/18.

First time it slightly more likely to work than second flight but not by much.

What it the real load out? 40/18 looks like it matches the look of the ASO model but I don't know.

Maybe this is not a bug it's feature and Soviet era CM were like this to keep the pilots on their toes. They compliment the nonsensical RWR that stops giving you direction of enemy radar when he locks you and when you really need most to know direction.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello guys.

I've extensively checked this bug report today. Unfortunately, I can't reproduce it locally.

Assuming the ASO related switches are in proper position, ASO might not work in 2 general cases:

- the device itself is not detected properly because the mission is old or DCS version is not updated (repair + update). Old missions are common on some online servers. FIX: Those missions need to be opened in ME, each MiG there checked (payload) and then resaved.

- the switches and safety cover positions are not detected properly. FIX: flip the switches and safety cover 2-3 times...

If this bug occurs, please save the mission and DCS log files, then upload them to our Mantis.

Thank you very much.

Power through superb knowledge, training and teamwork.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you're searching for this bug, try to reproduce it with different variables:

-Start in the air

-Ground start

-Different counter measure counts

-Ground start, dump all CMs, land, rearm, then take off again.

I still get it once in a while, but it's a rarity.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

• 1 month later...

2.5 beta- today i create new mission in editor, create new load with chaff&flares on board for the singleplayer mission , save it. Flares appears only 1 time - at first start of this mission! After another times i try to start that mission- chaff &flares absent! What that again!!!???

p/s My 2.5beta is grown from 1.5.8beta clear version

@Katyc_11

I have the same conditions - 1.5.8 updated to 2.5. I've spent last 3 hours in mission editor testing various loadouts, mission presets and opponents but could not replicate it. Every time I opened cover and pressed button on my stick flares appeared. And they continued to work until I used all of them.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

This is happening cause most ppl don't know how to use them.

You need to press and hold the "Drop Countermeasures ((ASO and SPS141)" else Red Cap(open to see the button) at the throttle quadrant), for the flares to work!

It is not a HOTAS Function that you can fast tap to release them. Many ppl got that wrong they always worked for me. Sometimes the audio is bugged, so maybe, others think that nothing is happening but they still release.

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led

Im also opened red cover near throttle with mouse click on it :( And then press at joybutton mapped for flares (key visually pressed in cockpit)- no result, then i press with mouse- the same result

p/s BadHabit Iwill tell you something secret... you not the smartest guy at this forum tssss... Look some pages before i discribed full flares procedure that do not works! Im tired of repeating that message in full volume

Edited by KAKTYC_11

Im also opened red cover near throttle with mouse click on it :( And then press at joybutton mapped for flares (key visually pressed in cockpit)- no result, then i press with mouse- the same result

p/s BadHabit Iwill tell you something secret... you not the smartest guy at this forum tssss... Look some pages before i discribed full flares procedure that do not works! Im tired of repeating that message in full volume

Ouukkii..! Relax dude your getting tempered fast and salty Tooo EAssyyy. I did not called anyone or assumed him stupid or me smartest.

Anyway. In my experience people that don't know much about this a/c are using it wrong. I told you how i use it and that this way I never had any problems. End.

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led