Huey wish list

ebabil

now engine damage due to engine overheat is in testing stage

looks like my time for the Huey grows closer.... the Belsimtek modules just keep giving!

Cash well spent me says!

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

SME evaluation

I appeal to the IRL pilots and fly engineers of the UH-1.

About engine overheat damage.

We need to decide on the length of time at a temperature greater than 625 degrees may be before a real engine failure. Now we have already made the flow of the process (overheat, cooling, result if overheat time above max - decrease power, engine fire). It manifests itself almost exactly as described in the manual: exceeded time - fire of engine.

But we are not sure that this is the way it is in real life (for example, in Russian helicopters this is not found in reality - time has exceeded the limit regime, but there is no engine fire, only the engine "grows old" faster with reduce power, increase EGT ).

Write your thoughts!:)

i.e. we need the SME evaluation of "temperature-time" before a real fire at Huey.

Edited by PilotMi8

PilotMi8:I appeal to the IRL pilots and fly engineers of the UH-1.

PilotMi8, might I suggest a FaceBook 'UH-1 Huey Helicopter' forum where you could possibly find that info..., it has lots of members who used to fly (or still do), or who work(ed) on Hueys... all pilots, mechanics, crew chiefs, etc.

There are mechanics there too who know the difference between all the different engine models and various engine designations ('L' / 'T' model etc.) as they used them, or worked on them in real life on the Hueys...

( https://www.facebook.com/groups/61123668011/ )

PS: think I better post my DCS Huey Mission, the one that lets one fly according to the official UH-1 manual Engine Temperature limits, soon... before all my 'EGT triggers' work is 'lost'...:)

321146732_FBHueyGroup.thumb.jpg.257317ddd02a524f008f2707e5f14bec.jpg

Huey Gauges correct.pdf

Gauges.jpg.35b2b3252fd1e7b5a009d83ed52d1d75.jpg

973081501_OfficalUH-1HManual.thumb.jpg.816e36785cc588f8e84030f425e6094f.jpg

ASUS Sabertooth X79 TUF Motherboard / Intel Core i7-3930K Unlocked Processor Six Core / Corsair CMP32GX3M4X1600C10 Dominator Memory Kit - 32GB (4x 8GB) / OCZ Solid 3 480GB Solid State Drive / EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW+ / Corsair CW-9060002-WW Hydro H70 CORE CPU Cooler / Seagate ST1000DM003 1TB Hard Drive / BenQ XL2420TX 24" Widescreen LED Gaming Monitor - 1920 x 1080 / Windows 7 Ultimate Edition, 64-bit / C-Tek 12-bit: Foot Pedals - Robinson Cyclic - 5-button-hat cyclic - Collective / TrackIR-5

Was wondering, just a thought;

Would it be possible, when engine limitations / damage model is working in DCS Huey, would it be possible to have the 'damage' results follow you into the nex mission?

In other words, if you exceed the engine limitations, for 'x' amount of time and 'x' amount of temperature, but haven't destroyed the engein yet, that this wear and tear of the damage done plays into the next mission, so that damage tolerance is less and less over time?

Maybe not just for subsequent mission, but could also be for when you don't fly for a few days... in other words, DCS-Huey remembers the engine treatments it received previously... maybe possibly linked into DCS Pilot-Profile...

ASUS Sabertooth X79 TUF Motherboard / Intel Core i7-3930K Unlocked Processor Six Core / Corsair CMP32GX3M4X1600C10 Dominator Memory Kit - 32GB (4x 8GB) / OCZ Solid 3 480GB Solid State Drive / EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW+ / Corsair CW-9060002-WW Hydro H70 CORE CPU Cooler / Seagate ST1000DM003 1TB Hard Drive / BenQ XL2420TX 24" Widescreen LED Gaming Monitor - 1920 x 1080 / Windows 7 Ultimate Edition, 64-bit / C-Tek 12-bit: Foot Pedals - Robinson Cyclic - 5-button-hat cyclic - Collective / TrackIR-5

• ED Team

DSPALLASVI, thanx for link to Facebook))

Was wondering, just a thought;

Would it be possible, when engine limitations / damage model is working in DCS Huey, would it be possible to have the 'damage' results follow you into the nex mission?

_.

It does not yet allow DCS. This opportunity was discussed, but it was not implemented. But I think this will be realized as the project develops!:)

I hope that damage between missions, if added, is optional, because it is not realistic. Such an aircraft would not be airworthy and would not be released for flight until the corresponding maintenance check is done.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We need to decide on the length of time at a temperature greater than 625 degrees may be before a real engine failure. Now we have already made the flow of the process (overheat, cooling, result if overheat time above max - decrease power, engine fire). It manifests itself almost exactly as described in the manual: exceeded time - fire of engine.

But we are not sure that this is the way it is in real life (for example, in Russian helicopters this is not found in reality - time has exceeded the limit regime, but there is no engine fire, only the engine "grows old" faster with reduce power, increase EGT ).

i.e. we need the SME evaluation of "temperature-time" before a real fire at Huey.

I agree 100%. Very good explanation, thanks for sharing.

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

PilotMi8 , what does "SME" mean?

PilotMi8 , what does "SME" mean?

A subject-matter expert (SME) or domain expert is a person who is an authority in a particular area or topic. The term domain expert is frequently used in expert systems software development, and there the term always refers to the domain other than the software domain.

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

A subject-matter expert (SME) or domain expert is a person who is an authority in a particular area or topic. The term domain expert is frequently used in expert systems software development, and there the term always refers to the domain other than the software domain.

Thanks for the explanation... was not familiar with the abbreviation.

Looks like someone replied to your FB post! Hopefully you'll get plenty of responses from a couple of US T53 Engine shops:thumbup:!!

Look forward to hearing the good news on the UH-1H engine management 'upgrade' when you can make it work!

The Huey is for me the only reason I fly in DCS!! Thanks for all the hard work you, and your team, have put into this module!

From the discussion I had with RL Huey pilots, the overheat causes parts in the turbine to deform over time and the more they overheat. As a subsequent effect, the tear and wear on the engine increases. If you overheat the engine over a long time slightly above safe operations condition it will wear down and needs an unscheduled maintenance, BUT if you go and abuse the engine for a very long time, the chance that the accumulated "damage" degrades performance, cook of lubricants, breaks a part increases.

The time you can abuse it depends on how far beyond the limits you go. The more heat, the shorter the time before effects show.

The red line per manual and advise from RL pilots should show effects, after a couple of seconds, not necessary a catastrophic engine seizure but damage effects. After accumulation of 15-20 seconds even if cooled down in-between whatsoever, I would expect the engine to tear apart?

In the area just above the green you may cruise 20-30 minutes before the deformation is strong enough to cause wear. I guess it is possible to do this multiple times with just 5-10 minutes a tiny bit over the green and actually nothing happens, but if you go on for 40-50 minutes the chances of real damage increase exponentially the longer you go...

I'd like to point out, all pilots I spoke to, also said the torque is more critical and just a few seconds above torque limits will damage the shaft/motorhead/engine and this should be before the EGT reaches the red under normal flight conditions.

To them and me it seems, the UH-1H currently overheats quicker, than in real live.

Again, I am no SME, but had the chance to talk to 2 real life UH-1 pilots and this is what I remember... So take it with a grain of salt.

Hope some expert can get some details that is beyond the safety limits in the manual. :)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

With pre fadec engines you have to rely on the stick monkey up front to actually confess to having cooked the engine on startup which, surprisingly, they ain't too quick to admit! Most of the time it'll only result in an extra bunch of inspections to be carried out (borescope of the hot end etc.) but if they go into the red for an extended period they usually it's an engine change.. it's very rare to have a catastrophic failure of the engine. As said above, torque is the real limiting factor.. the monkey over torques it then it's not just power plant inspections that need carried out, your up to your nuts in main xmsn, mast, head and all other wonderful stuff!

My rig - I5 6600k @ 4.5 - Corsair H100i GTX - Maximus Hero viii - 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum ROG edition DDR4 3200mhz - Gigabyte 1080ti (Overclocked) - TM Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Rudder pedals - Oculus Rift CV1

• 4 weeks later...

Created a new Huey Mission, with slightly more "realistic" EGT limitations, done through various Mission Editor 'Triggers'...

Look forward to some feedback...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=192139

• 1 month later...
I'd really like cargo mirrors and a doors off option for sling loading in VR so I don't have to cheat with F2...

+1 good idea

I love sling loading cargo, whish it was not so bugged in MP tho :(

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

• 1 month later...
+1 !

This subsystem would suffice ;)

m60-kpm23.gif

//Jarl

I also request the M23 Subsystem! I don´t like that when you want to configure a "slick" huey, you always have the minigun and rocket pod mounts installed. It doesn´t make any sense to put that extra weight on a slick huey.

• 1 month later...

Also sharing my wish for the huey discussion.

PLEASE PLEASE HAVE SOME FOCUS FOR THE DOOR GUNNERS!!! I HOPE THAT there will be

1) individual multiplayer slots for doorgunner positions (not just copilot)

2) independent axis commands for the door guns (that would be unrelated to view port)

would be great to play with the doorgunner in multiplay.. great VR demo potential!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please visit my other post... PilotMi8??????

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3303277&postcount=89

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

We need the EGT max time implemented. Otherwise it gets very unrealistic.

Enviado desde mi Moto Z Play mediante Tapatalk

OK, it was just added to the beta!!!!!!! :):):):)

Just got that EGT thing out of the door and people just want more stuff, huh? :)

Speaking of door gunners, though, I'm not sure if I said this before, but: it would be great if the AI crew could call out ground fire (and missile launches!) in some capacity someday.