Rudder indicator A10C DCS

tangodownNZ

Hi all,

I was thinking it would be good if we could have a rudder indicator us who are less fortunate and can't afford rudder pedals can see where the rudder is.

I tried mapping keys A and S to the rudder trim, but its too hard for a crosswind landing because they dont return to center so you need to guess where the rudder is. The other keys Z and X are also no good because they dont stay where you put them!

Right Control and enter key should give you the controls including the rudder. To center the Rudders you can look at the flight control panel.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Right Control and enter key should give you the controls including the rudder. To center the Rudders you can look at the flight control panel.

So close! Thanks for that, but here's the issue. Yes I can see where the rudder is now, but the indicator doesnt show where the rudder is in rudder trim, only normal rudder controls. And the problem with normal rudder controls is that it keeps snapping back to center as soon as you release the button. I might just have to get some pedals. Thanks anyway.

You mention trim for the rudder, did you try to look at the flight control panel? Look at page 148 on the manual, Figure 117. The proper name is SAS panel. The trim knob for the rudder is on that panel, labeled as Yaw trim. That is what pilots use to tell the trim on the real aircraft. To be honest, I have been flying the DCS A-10 since 2010 and I don't use rudder trim unless I get damaged, Why are you trimming the rudder again?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I trim the rudde early in every sortie. When carrying asymmetric stores (which is just about every trip), you will often find it slightly out. I spend 15 seconds or so getting that ball right in the centre, with both feet off the pedals. Additionally, after dropping stores, or every 30mins or so, I repeat the process.

Not essential, but it feeds my obsessional nature, and makes me feel better.

You mention trim for the rudder, did you try to look at the flight control panel? Look at page 148 on the manual, Figure 117. The proper name is SAS panel. The trim knob for the rudder is on that panel, labeled as Yaw trim. That is what pilots use to tell the trim on the real aircraft. To be honest, I have been flying the DCS A-10 since 2010 and I don't use rudder trim unless I get damaged, Why are you trimming the rudder again?

Thats right. I am using the yaw rudder trim on sas panel because it keeps the rudder where you put it. The normal rudder keys go straight back to center as soon as you release them, great if you have pedals, not so good if your using keyboard. I only use this for crosswind landing, nothing else.