Airframe and front dash wobbling at high speeds

WildBillKelsoe

Its really difficult to trim for horizontal flight as the ship wobbles and banks crazily to either side requiring trim on one side with matching hold on other side. Also, the dashboard wobbles too much making reading heading, or centering GMC very difficult to place the dot not the cross.

Another aspect I want to ask about, is, what is the function of the DG/MAG switch? In MAG the sync knob doesnt work meaning I cant set the O or the +. Am I right in assuming its to follow the right hand standalone magnetic compass? and if so, for a true course of 123 degrees, the MAG should be 130 degrees on that compass not the rotating gyro disc? Is it a reversion system and what are its electrical dependencies and source.

Also, the zero bank indicator on the ADI is really fat, meaning its very difficult to set a true zero bank and hold that with rudder stepped ball. Almost an approximation. Can someone shave that tick mark into something more precise?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

About the RMI, Mag slaves it to the magnetic compass. In this sim you still need to set it at the start, but it is set and forget. In DG mode, the RMI behaves as a Directional Gyro and you will need to keep manually updating it from time to time to match the compass as it accumulates precession errors.

This is the theory, I don't really know if the DG mode was implemented, never used it in the Huey.

Sent from my MI PAD 2 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How high speed is high speed? You will encounter retreating blade stall at 124KIAS (at ISA) which is why there is the red line on the ASI (Vne).

I tend to use the autopilot as a heading hold as force trim alone won't keep you stable. It is an old helicopter, there is no true autopilot on board. In newer helicopters like the KA-50, you have attitude modes and automatic ball-centering, etc.

I would leave it in Mag for DCS and set the HSI on start-up. You could use DG if you wanted to 'simulate' navigation error (relying more on dead reckoning).

As far as zero-bank goes.. it goes by feel for me I guess. I don't fly too academically as I don't think the Huey was really designed for medium-level nav or IFR.

I've had the HUEY for 6 days now and doing pretty well, I can fly stable with twist throttle, no problem and the shaking is not a problem for me. I haven't touch the shaking slider in the options, I don't know which is the realistic setting ?

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

I use force trim, and with FFB Tool it works perfect. Ingame trim seems to be way too sensitive, pretty much useless. Huey is not a heli designed to fly with hands off, but if you need to check map, or tune a radio then with a right trim you can let go of controls for a while. In flight you will need just a very fine control changes, and those will be enough.

[sIGPIC]http://i55.tinypic.com/21oydlx.jpg[/sIGPIC]

ヒューイ最高!o(≧∇≦o)

I've had the HUEY for 6 days now and doing pretty well, I can fly stable with twist throttle, no problem and the shaking is not a problem for me. I haven't touch the shaking slider in the options, I don't know which is the realistic setting ?

I don't think shaking slider (visual effect only) has anything to do with high speed vibration (aerodynamic effect).

I tend to push the "shake effect" up aside from going ridiculously fast the shaking of instrument panel/heli is a great indicator of going into and out of translational lift and especially going out of TL as you need to compensate for the loss of lift by bringing on more collective otherwise your vertical speed may exceed your power available to arrest the downward travel.

YMMV

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

I don't think the Huey was really designed for medium-level nav or IFR.

Chuck Gross and Robert Mason books, beg to differ. In Masons book, he flew into soup relying on instruments, because his leader disappeared into clouds after deciding against radar vectoring. This caused him to climb in bad weather, cotton windscreen, surrounded by hazardous Vietnamese terrain about 4,000 ft until he could see stars at night, and he did like IFR but not its requirement in chopper school.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

It's true that you can fly a UH-1H IFR... In the same way you can eat ice-cream with a shovel. :)

It lacks finesse and there are better tools for the job.

The UH-1H's core business is VFR and it was built with this in mind. Australian UH-1H even had the VOR receiver removed, leaving only the ADF (and a (non-legal) Garmin III hand-held GPS) for IFR.

- Bear

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

- Robert A. Heinlein