Why not more map development? - Page 5 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-18-2017, 11:27 AM   #41
QuiGon
Veteran

Reputation power: 21
QuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk_UK View Post
I've been looking for map making details to be able to create maps for DCS World but have only come across very old exporter tools(max-plugins).
Does anyone know where the sdk map tools are, or indeed if there are any that have been released that are currently up to date that can be used with either Maya 2016 or 3dsMax 2010 x64 or above? Thank you.
AFAIK Map tools are only given to official 3rd party devs by ED.

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Last edited by QuiGon; 09-18-2017 at 03:08 PM.
QuiGon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 12:11 PM   #42
Hawk_UK

Reputation power: 0
Hawk_UK is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiGon View Post
AFAIK Map tools are only given to offiocial 3rd party devs by ED.

Hi QuiGon. Thanks for the reply.

Somehow that doesn't make sense for ED to be doing that as they have already created a sticky and WIKI thread promoting map creation within the community? Surely if they were only allowing official 3rd party devs to do it then all those official sticky/WKI threads would be deleted?
Plus the old official tools are still freely available for download. Maybe they still work? But I doubt it very much considering their age and all the DCS World updates that have been released since then.

I really would like to know for sure what's happening with the Map SDK Tools.
Hawk_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 12:52 PM   #43
QuiGon
Veteran

Reputation power: 21
QuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk_UK View Post
Somehow that doesn't make sense for ED to be doing that as they have already created a sticky and WIKI thread promoting map creation within the community?
They did that? I was not aware of that. Where can I find it?

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

QuiGon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 02:59 PM   #44
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Reputation power: 100
SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold

I dont think the wiki is ED controlled and/or maintained, either way, that map making info is for the old version and probably should be removed, or marked as old.

If you want access to the new tools, you need to apply to ED for a 3rd Party agreement.

SiThSpAwN is offline   Reply With Quote