Remove NUM5 as recenter view

metzger

You can just go into the controller setup and change it.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

All this is already done. Including general profile and the new action is working but it also recenter the view.

Looks like it is hardcoded somehow and no metter what you do in the profile config it is still recenters the view.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't have one, and I would never bind this key :)

Does it work for you? If you clear Num5 from general prfile and aircraft profile, does it still recenter the view?

Actualy it is not related to aircraft cause it recenters it while in the game menus also.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've been using my remapped (to Razer Tartarus) key so I never bothered checking the num5. Will do in a day or two and report back.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I Believe NUMPAD 5 is Coded through the Oculus API as well.

Can simply turn off numlock.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 2 months later...
I Believe NUMPAD 5 is Coded through the Oculus API as well.

Can simply turn off numlock.

Turning numlock off does not work, the thing is hardcoded in the DCS.

I think it is a leftover from the initial oculus implementation, but now we have recenter VR shortcut assignable through the UI layer in the controls, so the hardcoded Numpad5 should be removed. Like other guys, I would prefer to use numpad keyboard for the numeric panels in various aircraft.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

I am wondering the opposite...I want to enable having my snap views and my zoom like I did with screens. How is it done in using Oculus?

You can assign zoom and re-center in the controller setup menu. In the category field scroll down to UI settings ( it is global and not module specific).

Be aware it is a little different than the normal zoom for the 2d monitor.

No snap view that I am aware of.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Snap Views in VR would be very disorienting. I seriously doubt they would be implemented.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I'm also curious about removing Num5 as the recenter key with my CV1 on the way. I need Num5 for CDU/CK37/NADIR/INS/ect data entry

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

I have to check out this ui controls thing. Despite an hour trying a few weeks back I had opposite problem of OP. I want to bind a joystick button but no matter what only num5 worked. I believe I never found these non aircraft specific ui settings. I'll report back if I still can't figure it out.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Demo of my 6DOF Motion VR Sim:

Works the same on a Vive too. Certainly seems to be hard-coded. I have it mapped to a joystick button and nowhere in the controls settings is Num5 even mapped, yet it still centers the view.

Corsair Graphite 780T / ASUS Maximus VIII Hero / i7-6700K@4.5GHz / Corsair H110i / 32GB DDR4 PC-2666 / ASUS 1080 Strix / EVGA 850 Pro / Samsung 950 Pro M.2 SSD / Win10x64 / Samsung UN48JU7500 4k / Logitech G910/933 KB/Headphones / Razer Naga Epic Mouse / MFG Crosswinds / TM HOTAS Warthog / HTC Vive

You can bind another button in the ui controls but num5 still recenters the view.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

it not only centers the view but unfortunately it re-adjusts the seat position to the default and so then you have to adjust all over again. I wonder if there's a way to save your seat position as a default. Maybe right-alt + np0...I'll check it out this weekend.

it not only centers the view but unfortunately it re-adjusts the seat position to the default and so then you have to adjust all over again. I wonder if there's a way to save your seat position as a default. Maybe right-alt + np0...I'll check it out this weekend.

It is not a seat position but a camera position, and it recenters the camera. You can save it with rAlt+num0 but at least in 2.0 it resets after game restart, very annoying.

We realy need this fixed. :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It is not a seat position but a camera position, and it recenters the camera. You can save it with rAlt+num0 but at least in 2.0 it resets after game restart, very annoying.

We realy need this fixed. :(

Interesting, it always felt like it was a seat adjustment...except seats I guess can't adjust sideways.

I think editing what will be the default.lua file might do the trick toward a permanent num5 solution. I'll take a look and get back.

Edited by fitness88

Worked for me! Finally was able to get away from Num5!!

Launch DCS and in main screen go to control options.

Left most dropdown at the type, I think it's "category" or something like that, and select "UI Layer", there you will see it bound to Num5 and you can change it. I moved it to a Joystick button and it works fine.

Trip

Confirmed it works!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Demo of my 6DOF Motion VR Sim: