[NO BUG] Chaff Flares no longer working.

ThePanic

Since the last patch(1.2.15) The ASO no longer seems to deploy any counter measures. I have both the sprd power and drop switches on and the red cover open and i click the button with my mouse or use a joystick button or keyboard key and I see the button in the cockpit depress but nothing happens. I have tried various load outs cold start air start and still didn't work .I also ran dcs repair and uninstalled mig 21 and reinstalled redid all my keybindings and still no luck. Anyone else having any problems?

Edited by Cobra847

Nope, they should work in 1.2.15 final, don't know about beta releases. For a quick test I just tried airstart + mouse clicking and they did deploy allright.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I did get the flares,chaffs to deploy once then i tried again on the same mission without changing anything and they didn't work not sure why. Think i will completely removing everything Dcs and do a complete fresh install of it. The problem seems like it is on my end so maybe that will help.

You mean later on the same flight, or during the second playback of the same mission? I admit I haven't tested this so thoroughly yet.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Well today from what i have tried the countermeasures seem to be working eight times out of ten doing cold start,air start missions. But if no one else is having any problems it must just be me. I will try reinstalling, repair again or a new dcs install when i have time perhaps that will fix my issue.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but i am having this issue right now on 1.5.2 and can't find a definite answer to this.

in single player missions the ASO (as far as i can tell) always works like it should be, if you open the release button cover, you can drop flares/chaffs.

in multi player missions this sometimes does not work at all, but i have yet to find a common cause.

in most MP missions i joined the mig21 has to be loaded first (it loads cold/dark and without any weapons), so i thought maybe the problem is, if you load the ASO before the proper systems are started (easy communication - reload works without power) this may lead to a problem...

but at the moment this is just guesswork and maybe it is not a general problem, if no one else is having this!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • ED Team
The bugtracker says it's fixed :thumbup:.

https://leatherneck-sim.mantishub.com/view.php?id=41

I don't want to bother but I tried ASO-2 seven times in both 1.5.3.50487 and 2.0.1.50747 and it was not working in five cases. RH50 and RH51 switches are on and dispenser button moves but it is not dispensing chaff/flare.

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro

• ED Team

I did a test when I deleted old payloads with ASO-2 which I used and I created a new one in latest version and it worked in all four attempts. Can anyone else confirm?

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro

• 6 months later...
Since the last patch(1.2.15) The ASO no longer seems to deploy any counter measures. I have both the sprd power and drop switches on and the red cover open and i click the button with my mouse or use a joystick button or keyboard key and I see the button in the cockpit depress but nothing happens. I have tried various load outs cold start air start and still didn't work .I also ran dcs repair and uninstalled mig 21 and reinstalled redid all my keybindings and still no luck. Anyone else having any problems?

This describes the Mig-21 for me right now. In the past the countermeasures worked as expected. Now I can use the same procedure and nothing happens.

Did something change? The subject says "No Bug" but this might be a bug now.

---------------

Update: this bug is hard to replicate. The first time I fly the Mig-21 the flares and chaff might not dispense. If I close the mission and restart, they usually will dispense. In neither case is it an "always" bug.:huh:

Edited by gavagai

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

• 1 month later...